Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Account Disabled

What does consummate your marriage mean?

Like ive been trying to figure out.

And when are you suppose to do it?

safe

Banned
    It means having sex together. As for when you do it, that's up to you and your partner. I'd recommend before you get married, myself.

Edited by ILM
    Please Re-update your Signature

Account Disabled

Ok thanks, so consummate always means having sex together? Doesnt it mean anything else in other cultural or religous traditions?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Cohn View Post
    It means having sex together. As for when you do it, that's up to you and your partner. I'd recommend before you get married, myself. You wouldn't buy a car without a test drive would you?
    Women aren't cars

But the Western view of woman as commodity comes through perfectly in your post.

Prince of Peshawar
    nah it just means like, when u have sex its like the final seal of the marriage innit,

Edited by ILM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan View Post
    Like ive been trying to figure out.

And when are you suppose to do it?

safe
    It depends on the language, in my opinion. In Arabic, for instance, the word for consummation has several differing meanings.

Its not the intercourse which cosumates the marriage, its generally when a man and woman share intimacy after nikah. A kiss on the forehead can consumate the marraige.

The marriage should be consumated as late as possible.

Prince of Peshawar
    i am told they should consumate it as soon as possible? is this true

As far as I know there is no time limit to when the marriage should be consumated after nikah.

I stand by what I said..

All this as soon as possible is hocus pocus.

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Salman al-Farsi View Post
    Its not the intercourse which cosumates the marriage, its generally when a man and woman share intimacy after nikah. A kiss on the forehead can consumate the marraige.
    Salam this is what i was looking for.

So for example . A man divorces his wife 3 times irrecoverably. Then they cant remarry unless she consumates a second marraige with a 3rd party. But consumate does not necessairly mean sexual relations. It could imply something else.. like e.g. a kiss on the forehead.

So for example . A man divorces his wife 3 times irrecoverably. Then they cant remarry unless she consumates a second marraige with a 3rd party. But consumate does not necessairly mean sexual relations. It could imply something else.. like e.g. a kiss on the forehead.
    Yeh its best to find out from a sound scholar because this is a big issue.

Account Disabled

Ok thanks, so consummate always means having sex together? Doesnt it mean anything else in other cultural or religous traditions?
    yes it can mean some thing else ie a comsumate performance means an excellent performance....with comsumate ease ei with great ease

Even though intimacy between a couple best describes what consumate may mean. However in the re-marraige scenario there has to be sincerity, ie one cant just re-marry with the intention to divorce in order to re-marry the previous spouse. That would be invalid.

Both parties would have to re-marry naturally sharing intimacy and it is only valid to remarry the previous spouse if the marriage ends in divorce naturally, ie not intentional divorce to marry or re-marry someone else.

hope this makes sense.

Banned
    In british law if a marriage has not been consumated...i.e. no sex has occurred, the marriage can be annulled if the parties wish to divorce.

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Salman al-Farsi View Post
    Even though intimacy between a couple best describes what consumate may mean. However in the re-marraige scenario there has to be sincerity, ie one cant just re-marry with the intention to divorce in order to re-marry the previous spouse. That would be invalid.

Both parties would have to re-marry naturally sharing intimacy and it is only valid to remarry the previous spouse if the marriage ends in divorce naturally, ie not intentional divorce to marry or re-marry someone else.

hope this makes sense.
    Yeah it makes sense.

All about sincerity. Not playing around with the laws.

Quote Originally Posted by teapot View Post
    In british law if a marriage has not been consumated...i.e. no sex has occurred, the marriage can be annulled if the parties wish to divorce.
    The same happens in Islamic marraige. I know of a family who's daughter got her marraige annulled in Saudi.

Quote Originally Posted by Chained_Water View Post
    Women aren't cars

But the Western view of woman as commodity comes through perfectly in your post.

Actually CW, you'll find that a lot of western women feel the same way where the old test drive is concerned.

Prince of Peshawar
    loooool @ old test drive.