Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

How long does SAPTCO bus takes to get from Makkah to Madina?

How long does a SAPTCO bus take to get from Makkah to Madina? What's the fastest way to get to Madina from Makkah? I am a bit paranoid. I'll only be staying in Saudi Arabia for about a day and half (due to personal reasons) and I'm finding it difficult to plan my trip. Help me! I land @ 4:30 pm on my day of arrival and have the flight to catch the day after the next day @ 2:00 AM.

Any ideas? I'm thinking to go straight for Umrah as soon as I land in Jeddah...sleep @ night...take SAPTCO bus next day to Madina to visit our Holy Prophet and take the flight from Madina to Jeddah. This should do it as long as SAPTCO bus doesnt take longer than 5-6 hours.

Re: How long does SAPTCO bus takes to get from Makkah to Madina?

ASA. It has been a little while since I last took the SAPTCO bus, but as far as I can remember, it took about 4-5 hours once the journey started. The fastest way to go from Makkah to Madinah would be by taxi/private car. You could probably make it in 3-4 hours and save a little time as you would not have to go to the bus terminal, wait for the bus, wait for the other passengers to board, etc. You can take the SAPTCO bus from Madinah to Jeddah as well. If I remember correctly, I believe that the SAPTCO bus stops at Jeddah airport first before proceeding to Jeddah city. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by 786smb; 28-12-12 at 11:29 PM.

Any idea how much a cab would charge from Makkah to Madina? Is it safe to travel early in the morning like if we leave Makkah around 5 am?

Unfortunately, there is no fixed rate. It could be anywhere from SAR 250 to SAR 400. They will probably start high and you will have to negotiate with them to bring them down. Since this is the low season, they will probably not start at a high rate though I do not know that for a fact. Since you are on a tight schedule, it would be best if you pre-arrange for the taxi to pick you up at 5:00AM from your hotel - give them a window of about 15-30 minutes as well. It should be safe leaving Makkah at 5:00 AM in the morning - at least, if I was in your position, I would not hesitate leaving at 5:00 in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by 786smb View Post
    Unfortunately, there is no fixed rate. It could be anywhere from SAR 250 to SAR 400. They will probably start high and you will have to negotiate with them to bring them down. Since this is the low season, they will probably not start at a high rate though I do not know that for a fact. Since you are on a tight schedule, it would be best if you pre-arrange for the taxi to pick you up at 5:00AM from your hotel - give them a window of about 15-30 minutes as well. It should be safe leaving Makkah at 5:00 AM in the morning - at least, if I was in your position, I would not hesitate leaving at 5:00 in the morning.
    I can also do this. I can take a flight to madina once I land and visit Masjid Nabawi first. I can stay there over night and from there, i can take a cab early morning to Makkah...perform my umrah...that way I will be closer to the airport and wont have to worry about last minute flight cancellations cuz i can just take a cab to Jeddah airport. The only thing of concern then would be if I'll be able to see Masjid Nabavi once i get to Madina which would be around 10-11pm. I will be travelling with the my wife so wondering if there are any restrictions? Do they close the masjid at a certain time? Are women allowed to go in and out? I also plan on visiting Masjid Quba and Uhud battle ground? Are there any restrictions on those?

Thanks in advance.

Yes - actually that would probably be better for you. As a matter of fact, I prefer to go to Madinah first as well. I believe that Masjid-e-Nabvi is now open round the clock - so, you should be able to visit the Masjid at any time. I believe that the ladies are allowed at all times as well, though in their own area. A part of the Rawdah is enclosed for women to offer their Salam and sit in the Rawdah. I believe that this is after Fajr for a couple of hours or so, after Zuhr for a couple of hours or so and after Isha for a couple of hours or so. You would want to get the exact timings from someone there. I have never been to Masjid Quba or Uhud at night - so, I cannot provide any insight there. However, during the day, it would not be a problem. Another option for you would be to take a taxi and visit Masjid Quba and Uhud right after Fajr, return back to the hotel and then leave for Makkah.Get a taxi from outside the Haram area and tell them that you want to go to Masjid Quba and Uhud. They would probably ask for SAR 40-50. This should not take more than an hour or so. I hope I have answered your questions. Please remember me in your duas and when you visit Rasool ALLAHs Roza, please offer my salaams as well. If there are any additional questions you may have, I would be more than happy to answer. JAK.

Quote Originally Posted by 786smb View Post
    Yes - actually that would probably be better for you. As a matter of fact, I prefer to go to Madinah first as well. I believe that Masjid-e-Nabvi is now open round the clock - so, you should be able to visit the Masjid at any time. I believe that the ladies are allowed at all times as well, though in their own area. A part of the Rawdah is enclosed for women to offer their Salam and sit in the Rawdah. I believe that this is after Fajr for a couple of hours or so, after Zuhr for a couple of hours or so and after Isha for a couple of hours or so. You would want to get the exact timings from someone there. I have never been to Masjid Quba or Uhud at night - so, I cannot provide any insight there. However, during the day, it would not be a problem. Another option for you would be to take a taxi and visit Masjid Quba and Uhud right after Fajr, return back to the hotel and then leave for Makkah.Get a taxi from outside the Haram area and tell them that you want to go to Masjid Quba and Uhud. They would probably ask for SAR 40-50. This should not take more than an hour or so. I hope I have answered your questions. Please remember me in your duas and when you visit Rasool ALLAHs Roza, please offer my salaams as well. If there are any additional questions you may have, I would be more than happy to answer. JAK.
    how can I not brother. You have been very helpful. Insha Allah will make special dua for you.

It'd be good to hear from another member about restrictions on women visitng masjid nabawi? are there specific hours, places in the masjid they can visit? etc? Also where in Madina can I find a cab early in the morning?

And also, I wont have any issues entering Madina with Umrah visa correct?

I do not believe that there are any restrictions per se except that they should be in the women's area. However, the time to visit the Rawdah is restricted to the times which I had mentioned - it would be good if someone else can confirm as well. Are you inquiring about cabs for traveling in Madinah itself or for going to Makkah? If the former, you can get plenty of cabs outside the Haram. If the latter, I can try to find some contact numbers for you. However, please note that I had used their taxis while there and am not related to them or know them personally. Also, the numbers may have changed or they may be on holiday, etc. Send me a PM and I can see if I can find the numbers for you. JAK.

Quote Originally Posted by rehanknaqvi View Post
    And also, I wont have any issues entering Madina with Umrah visa correct?
    No, you will not. With Umrah visa, you are allowed to visit Makkah, Madinah and Jeddah can be your port of entry. JAK.

It'd be good to hear from another member about restrictions on women visitng masjid nabawi? are there specific hours, places in the masjid they can visit? etc? Also where in Madina can I find a cab early in the morning?
    The Masjid is now open round the clock for brothers. For sisters, there are restricted time for entry into the masjid and even more restriction for visiting the Rawdah. These timings are not set and liable to change.

Taxis ply round the clock.

SAPTCO the regular service, operates every hour on the hour between Makkah and Madinah and between Jeddah and Madinah. The Jeddah and Madinah service is direct and does not stop over at the Jedda airport. The travel time is normally 6 hours but can be dictated by the prayer times and stopovers for prayers on the way.

SAPTCO VIP service operate twice daily service between Makkah and Madinah and takes 5 hours + from Makkah to Madinah and takes 6 hours from Madinah to Makkah to allow mutamireens to change into Ihram at Abyar Ali Meeqat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
    SAPTCO VIP service operate twice daily service between Makkah and Madinah and takes 5 hours + from Makkah to Madinah and takes 6 hours from Madinah to Makkah to allow mutamireens to change into Ihram at Abyar Ali Meeqat.
    Nope. It takes 5 hours. There isn't VIP from Makkah to Madinah.

Quote Originally Posted by n0.n4m3 View Post
    Nope. It takes 5 hours. There isn't VIP from Makkah to Madinah.
    n0.n4m3, you must be pretty sure of yourself.

I travel to Saudi Arabia very regularly and was there last week. SAPTCO VIP operates twice daily between Makkah and Madinah. The coach station has been moved further along and located off Jabal Kaba street in Makkah. The VIP service ONLY drops and picks up passengers from Elaf Taiyaba hotel in Madinah.

Here is the time table.

VIP Services
    SAPTCO's new VIP Express Service offers first class journey by road, and is ideal for families traveling together, or businessmen looking for a comfortable journey on which they can relax, or catch up with their paperwork or phone calls.

This service is available between Riyadh and Al-Khobar in Eastern Province and also between Makkah and Madinah in Western Province and from Bahrain. The total number of VIP passengers reached more than 33,000 for the year 2004. This service provides the following features:

22 wide reclining seats.
    standard of comfort found on very few scheduled bus services anywhere in the world.
    Most seats arranged in groups of two or four around tables.
    Two drivers.
    Courier services on board.
    A light meal is served during the journey, along with tea, coffee and soft drinks as you wish, plus a complimentary newspaper.
    Complete freedom to use laptop computers, mobile phones and other electronic equipment during your trip.
    Non-stop journey between our special terminals at city-center hotels.
    At these hotels you can relax in the lobby or use other facilities before and after your trip.

Ticket Price:
    Riyadh to Al Khobar : SR 90 one-way, and SR 160 for a round-trip

Riyadh to Bahrain : SR 150 one-way, and SR 225 for a round-trip

Makkah to Madinah : SR 80 one-way, and SR 140 for a round-trip

Schedule of departure time for VIP services
    Name of City Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
    departure time departure time departure time departure time
    From To 1st trip 2nd trip 1st trip 2nd trip 1st trip 2nd trip 1st trip 2nd trip
    Riyadh Khobar
    10 am 17 pm 06 am 17 pm 06 am 16 pm 16 pm 19 pm
    Khobar
    Riyadh 10 pm 17 pm 15:30 pm 17 pm 06 am 16 pm 16 pm 19 pm
    Riyadh Bahrain - - 15 pm - - - - -
    Bahrain Riyadh - - - - - - 17 pm -
    Makkah Madinah 09 am 17 pm 15 pm 22 pm 15 pm 22 pm 14 pm 22 pm
    Madinah Makkah 10 am 15 pm 15 pm 22 pm 15 pm 22 pm 14 pm 22 pm

Name of City Saturday Sunday Monday
    departure time departure time departure time
    From To 1st trip 2nd trip 1st trip 2nd trip 1st trip 2nd trip
    Riyadh Khobar
    06 am 17 pm 10 am 17 pm 06 am 17 pm
    Khobar
    Riyadh 06 am 17 pm 10 am 17 pm 06 am 17 pm
    Riyadh Bahrain - - - - - -
    Bahrain Riyadh - - - - - -
    Makkah Madinah 09 am 17 pm 09 am 17 pm 09 am 17 pm
    Madinah Makkah 10 am 15 pm 10 pm 15 pm 10 pm 15 pm

Thank you brother Ismael. Very informative as always. I just have one last question and getting anxious as I move close to my Umrah date. You said that regular SAPTCO service operates every hour from Makkah to Madina....does it also operate every hour from Madina to Makkah? And how much is the regular fare? Lastly, if you buy a round trip, do you have to come back on the same bus? Can you save your return ticket for the next day on a different bus?

Regular service have lower fares and you probably can hop on to the next one if you missed the first one that day.Yes, the hourly service are for both directions.

However, I only used a regular service between Madina to Makkah once as I had no time to wait for the VIP. So, I am unable to help any further here.

Also, the drop off and pick up point for regular SAPTCO, in Madina, is at its own station located about a mile from Masjid Nabavi. The fares are SR55 one way.

The VIP fares are higher but worth every halala I can assure you. So stick to the VIP service. You have to travel on the specified day and time as per your booking though on the VIP coach.

@Ismail
    I live In ksa.
    If ur in makkah now then u are better in giving advise.

@OP
    Dont take my advise

No, I am not in Makkah. Read my post and see what I said in it.

It seems that I have far better information on SAPTCO than you seeing that you are a resident in KSA. I suggest you visit the nearest SAPTCO station and check it out or visit SAPTCO's website and get confirmation...sah!!!

Well SAPTCO haven't updated their site in six years lol.

How long does a SAPTCO bus take to get from Makkah to Madina? What's the fastest way to get to Madina from Makkah? I am a bit paranoid. I'll only be staying in Saudi Arabia for about a day and half (due to personal reasons) and I'm finding it difficult to plan my trip. Help me! I land @ 4:30 pm on my day of arrival and have the flight to catch the day after the next day @ 2:00 AM.

Any ideas? I'm thinking to go straight for Umrah as soon as I land in Jeddah...sleep @ night...take SAPTCO bus next day to Madina to visit our Holy Prophet and take the flight from Madina to Jeddah. This should do it as long as SAPTCO bus doesnt take longer than 5-6 hours.
    Brother! You may go by air from Jeddah to Madina. It should cost you not more than 50 pounds. I've booked mine from Madina to Jeddah (Saudi Airline) It costs me just 25 directly booked from Saudi airline website.

Regards,

M

Quote Originally Posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
    n0.n4m3, you must be pretty sure of yourself.

I travel to Saudi Arabia very regularly and was there last week. SAPTCO VIP operates twice daily between Makkah and Madinah. The coach station has been moved further along and located off Jabal Kaba street in Makkah. The VIP service ONLY drops and picks up passengers from Elaf Taiyaba hotel in Madinah.

Here is the time table.

VIP Services
    SAPTCO's new VIP Express Service offers first class journey by road, and is ideal for families traveling together, or businessmen looking for a comfortable journey on which they can relax, or catch up with their paperwork or phone calls.

This service is available between Riyadh and Al-Khobar in Eastern Province and also between Makkah and Madinah in Western Province and from Bahrain. The total number of VIP passengers reached more than 33,000 for the year 2004. This service provides the following features:

22 wide reclining seats.
    standard of comfort found on very few scheduled bus services anywhere in the world.
    Most seats arranged in groups of two or four around tables.
    Two drivers.
    Courier services on board.
    A light meal is served during the journey, along with tea, coffee and soft drinks as you wish, plus a complimentary newspaper.
    Complete freedom to use laptop computers, mobile phones and other electronic equipment during your trip.
    Non-stop journey between our special terminals at city-center hotels.
    At these hotels you can relax in the lobby or use other facilities before and after your trip.

Ticket Price:
    Riyadh to Al Khobar : SR 90 one-way, and SR 160 for a round-trip

Riyadh to Bahrain : SR 150 one-way, and SR 225 for a round-trip

Makkah to Madinah : SR 80 one-way, and SR 140 for a round-trip

Schedule of departure time for VIP services
    Name of City Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
    departure time departure time departure time departure time
    From To 1st trip 2nd trip 1st trip 2nd trip 1st trip 2nd trip 1st trip 2nd trip
    Riyadh Khobar
    10 am 17 pm 06 am 17 pm 06 am 16 pm 16 pm 19 pm
    Khobar
    Riyadh 10 pm 17 pm 15:30 pm 17 pm 06 am 16 pm 16 pm 19 pm
    Riyadh Bahrain - - 15 pm - - - - -
    Bahrain Riyadh - - - - - - 17 pm -
    Makkah Madinah 09 am 17 pm 15 pm 22 pm 15 pm 22 pm 14 pm 22 pm
    Madinah Makkah 10 am 15 pm 15 pm 22 pm 15 pm 22 pm 14 pm 22 pm

Name of City Saturday Sunday Monday
    departure time departure time departure time
    From To 1st trip 2nd trip 1st trip 2nd trip 1st trip 2nd trip
    Riyadh Khobar
    06 am 17 pm 10 am 17 pm 06 am 17 pm
    Khobar
    Riyadh 06 am 17 pm 10 am 17 pm 06 am 17 pm
    Riyadh Bahrain - - - - - -
    Bahrain Riyadh - - - - - -
    Makkah Madinah 09 am 17 pm 09 am 17 pm 09 am 17 pm
    Madinah Makkah 10 am 15 pm 10 pm 15 pm 10 pm 15 pm
    Very helpful. Much appreciated brother. How long does it take from Makka to Madina?

JAK

btw just to let you all know.....domestic flights are crazy (if you hate flying) the pilots fly the plane like toys :/

best to just hire a car...so much easier

Aslm Ismail,

So I buy the VIP tickets from the station near Makkah towers and which station will I board at? The same 1?

Thanks

Odan

Usually they run at speed of 50km/h no more it is a policy in for SAPTCO coaches also when buying ticket they will ask for passport too if I were you I would take Taxi it is quicker say with 4 peoples what ever the cost you will be divide by 4 or maybe 40/60 SR EACH

Eaalim Travel has new model cars GMC 2013 - 2014 and have small Cars 2012 - 2013 - 2014 please if you want safe and comfortable cars just go to www.eaalimtravel.com and place your order

This post for a customer he was with us in last April

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ddah-to-makkah

You will need to have the tickets issued 24 hours before you travel and they will demand to see your passport as all travellers, in KSA by SAPTCO, need to have their identity stated on the ticket.

The VIP and the regular coaches depart from the station opposite Haram. VIP coach will off load you in front of Elaf Taiyaba Hotel in Madina whereas the regular coaches will terminate at their station about a kilometer from the Masjid.

Both VIP and regular services travel at 65 miles per hour. VIP coaches do not normally make a stop en-route as they have onboard WCs.

I do not trust the cars or taxis as the drivers often doze off and drive at crazy speed.

I do not wish to scare anyone but do note that the highest fatality, in the world, on overland travel occurs in Saudi Arabia.

SAPTCO drivers are well rested and unlikely to be tired. VIP service has an assistant on board who is also a second driver.

I've just returned, VIP buses are non stop and have taken 4.75 hrs to reach Madinah. I have booked my ticket 48 hrs in advance.

Rehan time is of the essence for you as you will be covering a huge distance in a short period. Every minute you save will be very critical. One other point you have to take on board is the fatigue and tiredness that you will encounter no matter how strong and fit you are. I would encourage you to consider the services of eaalim - they are very safe and reliable. Much more than saptco coaches. There are equal number of fatalities involving saptco and I also agree with the point about air travel. It will be short but nerve wracking the way they fly. Believe me as I have experienced it many times. Although, I would hasten to add that if your itinary permits, take a flight. Do your homework, then put your trust with the one who is calling you to his house.