Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Thread: Umrah 2013

Umrah 2013

Asalam o alaikum

I am sorry if this question has been asked before, but please can someone just tell me when umrah 2013 visas will be issued ? and when we can start booking our packages with agency ?

I am getting married in Makkah inshaAllah (yes I feel the need to share as I AM SO EXCITED ) and just need to sort some things out, especially time off work

This year I went for 10 days so 7 days of work was easy, but booking 2 weeks for next year, well I need to tell them in good advance !

JazakAllah Khair

Sis

Re: Umrah 2013

InshaAllah I expect the umra mofa system to start by the end of December this year for next umra season. If so, mutamirs should be able to leave UK for umra by 7 January 2013.

Mash Allah nice posting. Jazak Allah Khaire Brother Ismail.

Assalamu alaikum,

MashAllah. May Allah swt put barakah into your marriage inshaAllah.

I also have a question in connection with umrah 2013. Are there restrictions on the age of an accompanying mahram? My mother wishes to go for umrah next year however only my younger brother can accompany her. He will be 17 by then. Will he be allowed to be her mahram?

JazakAllah khair.

Minimum age, for a mehrim, is 19.

Have heard today that there is going to be no visas issued for next umrah season 2013, only allowing visas for ramadaan 2013. Maybe brother Ismail could shed some light on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterinislam View Post
    Have heard today that there is going to be no visas issued for next umrah season 2013, only allowing visas for ramadaan 2013. Maybe brother Ismail could shed some light on this.

I hear this kind of rumour all the time. One of these days one such rumour may well be realised. I hope not though.

To shut out umra in totality barring Ramadan is not a viable proposal as the hoteliers would go ballistic and almost all the top hotels belongs to the Royal family. They wont have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
    Minimum age, for a mehrim, is 19.
    Oh my God really?? Is this also the same for Hajj as I intend to go with my nephew who is 17-18.
    Alhumdulillah

This minimum age of 19 or over is a requirement by the consulate in London and was enforced for the umra season just ended.

I have raised this issue with the consul a few times already and his answer was that he could apply a 21year age limit. So the agents do not push the matter.

However, I personally feel that an 18 year old is capable to discharge the responsibility of an adult when required and is fit to be a mehrim to women related to him and accompanying him.

InshaAllah, I will raise it again when I meet him sometime this week.

However, a 17 year old or under 18 cannot be a mehrim.

This minimum age of 19 or over is a requirement by the consulate in London and was enforced for the umra season just ended.

I have raised this issue with the consul a few times already and his answer was that he could apply a 21year age limit. So the agents do not push the matter.

However, I personally feel that an 18 year old is capable to discharge the responsibility of an adult when required and is fit to be a mehrim to women related to him and accompanying him.

InshaAllah, I will raise it again when I meet him sometime this week.

However, a 17 year old or under 18 cannot be a mehrim.
    Are you absolutely sure about this? Please can you provide a link to this information I can't find it anywhere. Shouldn't this sort of info be available freely if it's so important? I'm really worried now.
    Alhumdulillah

Quote Originally Posted by islam lover View Post
    Are you absolutely sure about this? Please can you provide a link to this information I can't find it anywhere. Shouldn't this sort of info be available freely if it's so important? I'm really worried now.
    There is no information available on any of the MoH or MoFA websites nor on the Saudi Embassy websites.

I have given you the information based on my personal experience in dealing with the consulate on weekly regular basis. Its upto you to accept it as an authentic info. You may phone other users such as Gulf Travels, Henrique Street E1 or Travel Express or Nabil if you wish.

Alternatively you can check with the consulate yourself if you wish. The phone number is 020 7917 3000.
    Last edited by Ismail Simjee; 06-08-12 at 11:32 PM.

I believe KSA will make exception for women over 45yrs who wished to perform Umrah or Hajj travelling is groups without mehrim. When I performed Umrah in 2010, I was travelling in groups and I was requested for help to be mehrim for 2 sisters. So, I was natural mehrim for my mother and wife plus 2 others that I have no relations to.

Correct me if this is not the case for Hajj. I only had that one time experience and it was doing Umrah not really sure if during Hajj it will be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkifli View Post
    I believe KSA will make exception for women over 45yrs who wished to perform Umrah or Hajj travelling is groups without mehrim. When I performed Umrah in 2010, I was travelling in groups and I was requested for help to be mehrim for 2 sisters. So, I was natural mehrim for my mother and wife plus 2 others that I have no relations to.

Correct me if this is not the case for Hajj. I only had that one time experience and it was doing Umrah not really sure if during Hajj it will be allowed.
    Women, over 45, are permitted to travel without a mehrim subject to approval in writing from their nearest blood relatives by the Saudi MoFA. Hence, the consulate will issue visa for umra or haj in this respect.

This is not to say that a woman can travel alone for umra or haj no matter what age and on whose authority or approval. It is not permitted under the Islamic jurisprudence.

If such women do travel, with a group, than the group leader is assumed to take responsibility for them as "un-official" mehrim.

You, taking the role of a mehrim, as you say, for the two women are fortunate that no untoward incident occured such as injury, hospitalisation, gone missing or death. Had that happened you would have found yourself in a lot of deep trouble as indeed any group leader would taking such responsibility

Women, over 45, are permitted to travel without a mehrim subject to approval in writing from their nearest blood relatives by the Saudi MoFA. Hence, the consulate will issue visa for umra or haj in this respect.

This is not to say that a woman can travel alone for umra or haj no matter what age and on whose authority or approval. It is not permitted under the Islamic jurisprudence.

If such women do travel, with a group, than the group leader is assumed to take responsibility for them as "un-official" mehrim.

You, taking the role of a mehrim, as you say, for the two women are fortunate that no untoward incident occured such as injury, hospitalisation, gone missing or death. Had that happened you would have found yourself in a lot of deep trouble as indeed any group leader would taking such responsibility
    I believe you accurately cover this, Brother Ismail.. the travel agent that had asked my permission did brief me a little bit about what the responsibility I am putting myself in. It was a very last minute thing that was asked of me to do when we were already at the airport.

At that time my thoughts were about being an enable for person or persons who wished to perform a noble deed, anyhow one of the sister got lost im Makkah and the older sister was worried so I had to perform my duty and gone back into Masjidil Haram look for her younger sister, it all ended well.

On hindsight, I don't know if I will do this again, but I think I would.

I'm under 40.
    So does this mean I should stop thinking about hajj this year?
    Alhumdulillah

I'm under 40.
    So does this mean I should stop thinking about hajj this year?
    No, dont let this information flow of mehrim discourage you from your aspired haj. InshaAllah, some solution may well emerge.

Let me suggest to you one probable course of action. First establish whose group you will be booking your haj with. Before you commit yourself and part with your passport or deposit or both, get this group leader to contact the consulate, on your behalf, and obtain a definite approval to be issued haj visa with the under 18 year old as your mehrim. Try and see the consul yourself with that group leader.

Further, get the agreement from this group leader that you will pay ONLY when you see your passports back with the haj visa in it. He may well refuse because he stands to lose his haj barcode allocation as they will be used up against the application but, then, he can still peel them off for re-use InshaAllah.

If you live in London, come and see me in Barking and I will assist you through in selecting a good haj agent and talking to him on your behalf in your presence. That is the most I can do.

I am planning a trip to KSA on Friday this week, so, if you take up my offer better put your skates on.

Thanks. Im still waiting for my new passport to arrive and my nephews family are gonna book it with someone they know.
    Alhumdulillah

So I called a couple of agents and one said minimum age is 18. Another said 17 is ok. And another said its possible as if there are a lot of passport then they probably dont check each and every one so that might go through.

What I want to know is what do you have to pay when sending passports for visa and can you get the money back if visa is not given?
    Alhumdulillah

Also I read that they require evidence of relationship to mahram. What sort of evidence would this be?
    Alhumdulillah

So I called a couple of agents and one said minimum age is 18. Another said 17 is ok. And another said its possible as if there are a lot of passport then they probably dont check each and every one so that might go through.

What I want to know is what do you have to pay when sending passports for visa and can you get the money back if visa is not given?
    I selected this from the three post you made to answer.

The agent who said 17 is OK is a liar.

The agent who said your ppt may get through due to large volume being handled is a greedy man and playing on your emotion. All passports are scrutinised and once they catch a tricky one they will mark it and that's it.

My strong advise to you is dont book with anyone until you are thoroughly satisfied with that agent. Once the agent takes the passport and your money than that's it. Its gone, you wont get back your refund.

I have invited you to come and meet me in my office and InshaAllah, I will take you through this problem and find a solution. And you dont have to book with me your haj.

Normally no evidence is required in establishing the mehrim relationship, however, if your name and your brother's are distinctly different than the register of birth for both of you will help as it states your parents names.

JazakAllah Khair for your responses. So my mum cant go for umrah next yr

Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah Muaz View Post
    JazakAllah Khair for your responses. So my mum cant go for umrah next yr

If your mother is 45 or over she will get an umra visa. However, not only can your younger brother not be her mehrim but he himself will need a mehrim to support his umra visa application.

A.w.b So even young boys need a mahrim with them? Thats odd, i mean in Islam men of any age can travel independently right?

Yes, an under age boy need a companion to accompanyhim.

Adult can travel independently.

I suggest you raise this question with a qualified scholar.

Re: Easy Hajj n Umrah mobile apps

see my research here open the link about all information hajj & umrah .. "Easy Hajj n Umrah"

I hear this kind of rumour all the time. One of these days one such rumour may well be realised. I hope not though.

To shut out umra in totality barring Ramadan is not a viable proposal as the hoteliers would go ballistic and almost all the top hotels belongs to the Royal family. They wont have that.

Heard the exact rumour over there that due to the vast expansion/construction work going on in Makkah no visa's would be issued for the coming umrah season..glad to hear from yourself that its only another one of them silly rumours!!

Assalamualaikum,

I'm a 28 year old male hoping to perform umrah on my own this season. I am being told that I can't a visa for myself since I am under the age of 40. I find that a bit odd and hence wanted to get some expert opinion, is it really the law now? What are my options?

Appreciate any responses.

Jazak Allah

Ah

Quote Originally Posted by FaraazKhan View Post
    Assalamualaikum,

I'm a 28 year old male hoping to perform umrah on my own this season. I am being told that I can't a visa for myself since I am under the age of 40. I find that a bit odd and hence wanted to get some expert opinion, is it really the law now? What are my options?

Appreciate any responses.

Jazak Allah

Ah
    Depends on where you are domiciled.

If you live in the Indo sub continent, barring Malaysia and Brunei, you will NOT be eligible for the umra visa unless you are above 40 OR you are acting as a mehrim for your close blood relatives.

Depends on where you are domiciled.

If you live in the Indo sub continent, barring Malaysia and Brunei, you will NOT be eligible for the umra visa unless you are above 40 OR you are acting as a mehrim for your close blood relatives.
    I am Indian citizen (Green Card Holder) who's applying for visa from India.
    I live in the US but I am currently visiting India and would like to stop in Saudi Arabia for Umrah on my way back to the US. I will be applying for Umrah visa from India. What is considered as my country of domicile in this situation?

An Indian by nationality and a legal US citizen.

That wont cut any ice with the saudi consulate in India for they will look at the colour of your passport not the residential card for US and, hence, turn down your application for the umra visa.

The problem for you is that the consulate will talk to the licensed umra agent only and not you. Otherwise, you could have tried to persuade the deputy consul by showing proof of your eligibility for the umra visa on the basis of a legal resident of US Away.

You can try by accompanying the umra agent to the consulate but will definitely lose your money for the visa if your application is rejected.

Alternatively, if you know any licensed umra/haj agent near to where you reside in USA and send him your passport by courier for him to obtain the visa and send back the ppt to you in India just in time for you to travel, Bob's your uncle (as we say in UK).

AOA Ismail

Is there any way to know if mofa system has started accepting applications for Sweden residents? I have applied Umrah Visa in Sweden to a local agent. He is keep on saying that he has already uploaded my data to Saudi Ministry and hasnt got any response since last one week. I am not sure If he is telling me truth. I called Saudi Embassy and they informed me that they are not dealing Umrah Visa at the moment.

Waiting for your kind response
    I am bit worried as I have already booked my flight for 21st JAN

Best Regards
    Faisal

You should have consulted the umra agent in Sweden before buying your airline ticket.

Although the umra season commenced, universally, at the same time about a month ago, not all agents are ready with their system.

In UK, currently there are around 4 agents out of the usual 40 whose system is operational. So, it appears to me that your agent has not got his system up and running yet.

I would change the date of my travel if I were you.

Thank you brother for the reply. I think I should wait until coming Monday otherwise I would change my travel date.

would you take the pen in hand, plunge right in and just do it, struggling to keep up with the twists and turns of the torrents of words that take you where they take you <a href="http://www.d3goldmy.com">Buy D3 Gold</a>? Would your plans be so extensive that you never even got to the writing <a href="http://www.d3goldmy.com">Cheap D3 Gold</a>? But if you do decide to use it, what would you do with it? How would you play the game <a href="http://www.d3goldmy.com">D3 Gold Sale</a>?