Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

can you make dua to marry a specific person

Sallam,

Can you make dua to marry a specific person, obviously you know the person and are planning on getting married but there are a few obstacles.

Re: can you make dua to marry a specific person

Why not?

Salam

of course you can.

If Allah grants it or not, that is a different matter.
    Oh Allah, please make my best day the Day I meet You to answer for my sins, and please have mercy on the believers on the Day our deeds will be judged

You are allowed to pray for whatever you want, as long as its not sinful.

But be realistic about whether or not it will happen. God isn't going to give you something that is haraam. Also, if this person is not written in the divine decree for you, making lots of dua for him isn't going to make any difference - it won't happen.

yaa, of course. say that "if she/he good for you, now and then, please give him/her to you, if not, please send the better one"

done. you can do istikharah pray

I'm a brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Surrender122 View Post
    Sallam,

Can you make dua to marry a specific person, obviously you know the person and are planning on getting married but there are a few obstacles.

I would suggest Istikhara instead.

Nami is right, it will be better if you did that instead, and if you receive a positive response, then start making ad'iyyah for Layla
    There is rest only in the aakhira.
    Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.
    - Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
    and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
    then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.
    - Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

Quote Originally Posted by -Jibril- View Post
    Nami is right, it will be better if you did that instead, and if you receive a positive response, then start making ad'iyyah for Layla
    What do you mean, "if you receive a positive response."

Response from ... ?

Istikhara is about praying to Allha for guidance, that the decision you make is the right one.

It is not about getting a "psychic message" or dream from Allah. Please, read about Istikhara. You are misleading this young person.

Quote Originally Posted by Damascus Girl View Post

Response from ... ?

Istikhara is about praying to Allha for guidance, that the decision you make is the right one.

It is not about getting a "psychic message" or dream from Allah. Please, read about Istikhara. You are misleading this young person.
    Dude, how about you get your knowledge from an actual sheikh/sheikha instead of parrotin everythin you read on google?!

Isthikhara is about seeking the guidance of Allah on whether one should take a particular path or not.

sister,
    response from Allah Subhanhu Wa Tha'ala. I don't think he meant psychic messages at all.

The expressions "a positive/negative response" always seem to be interconnected with istikara.

"A positive response" would mean that after the istikara is done, the path would be filled with ease and the obstacles that are in the way would be lightened or would not exist.Thus Allah Subhanhu Wa Tha'ala out of His infinite wisdom cleared the path from troubles and made it one of ease because He knows the proposition would be good for His slave.

"a negative response" could be that after the istikara is done, there are obstacles and problems always rising up. One obstacle may gets solved and immediately after another one may start.This would probably be interpreted as Allah Subhanhu Wa Tha'ala has set these obstacles because in His infinite wisdom He knows there is no khair /good in this proposition. Thus Allah Subhanhu Wa Tha'ala's is removing His slave from what is bad for him [through this "negative response"]

Im pretty sure that is what brother Jibril meant.

Response from ... ?

Last edited by HumousNFalafels; 24-08-11 at 05:58 PM. Reason: late reply *Smack*

Dude, how about you get your knowledge from an actual sheikh/sheikha instead of parrotin everythin you read on google?!

Isthikhara is about seeking the guidance of Allah on whether one should take a particular path or not.
    First of all, I'm not a "dude". And I find the balance of your comment about "parrotin" very insulting.

I would recommend that you be banned from this site for referring to me in such a manner.

Second, perhaps you should consult an actual sheikh about Islamic manners. You clearly have none. This is the holy month of Ramadan so perhaps some self-reflection on manners and etiquette is in order.

Sister/brother it is fine to make du'a to marry someone specific even if there are already obstacles. As other posters have already advices you should do isthikara insha'Allah as it is a(the?) du'a for guidance. You should also seek the advice of those you trust and then make a decision.

I know you didn't ask for my advice(below) but Insha'Allah please try not to get attached to this person because pre-marriage attachments that do not "work out" usually end in alot of pain . Insha'Allah please bear in mind that we do not know what is good for us and love the things/people who are bad for us and hate the things/people who are good for us. Truly Allah Subhanhu Wa Tha'ala is the All Wise.He alone knows what is truly good for us in this life and the next. ..and if the obstacles persist/ or new ones start maybe it means this person is not the one written for you maybe he/she is not the one who is best for you .We should always do du'a that Allah Subhanhu Wa Tha'ala will grant us the spouses who will be best for us and who will help us in attaining Allah Subhanhu Wa Tha'ala's pleasures in this life and the next.

You might find these articles beneficial insha'Allah :
    http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/2217 <---how to do istikara
    http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/105282 <---saying a dua to marry a particular man

Maybe you should try followin your own advice sometimes, dont call someone out if you aint got the right tools to follow up.
    Ok scratch that, my apologies for bein harsh, maybe it was the fastin that got me, or the way you wrote the response got me all defensive.

Anyway, botton line is i am sorry, you're muslim and should be safe from my tongue.

First of all, I'm not a "dude". And I find the balance of your comment about "parrotin" very insulting.

I would recommend that you be banned from this site for referring to me in such a manner.

Second, perhaps you should consult an actual sheikh about Islamic manners. You clearly have none. This is the holy month of Ramadan so perhaps some self-reflection on manners and etiquette is in order.

Odan

I wouldnt. Regardless of the fact that I was head over heels over him and could not imagine my life without him.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonGal View Post
    I wouldnt. Regardless of the fact that I was head over heels over him and could not imagine my life without him.
    That makes you Batgirl

Odan

That makes you Batgirl
    how so?

Quote Originally Posted by LondonGal View Post
    how so?
    It was a cool post, batman and batgirl are the living definitions of coolness, do the maths.