Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Senior Member Ahmed<--me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    4

    Reciting Surahs during Salah





    I know that reciting backwards of the Holy Quran is forbidden during Salah. Also that we should recite the Holy Quran in order of the chapters.

    This 'order' part has me a bit confused since we are allowed to skip some chapters right? Say for example you can recite Surat Al-Kafirun and then in 2nd Rakat recite Surat Al-Ikhlas meaning that you skipped 2 chapters, so will this still be in order of chapters?

    Maybe I'm being a bit too cautious lol because I'm almost 100% sure that you can do this and I've read that a companion (RadiAllahu Anhu) read the above 2 Surahs during Salah and the Messenger (peace be upon him) said good things about this person because of this. Can someone put my mind at ease with this!?
    Last edited by Ahmed<--me!; 05-04-11 at 04:40 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member wannest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    635
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Reciting Surahs during Salah



    to be honest brother, i know it would be not good for ones salah to not recite surah following order in quran but thats about it. im not sure about forbidden which the mean the same as haram n sinful. wallahu'alam. probably someone knowledgeable can put some lights on this, for me as well

  3. #3
    Abu Nusayba junaid123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    9,753
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: Reciting Surahs during Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed<--me! View Post




    I know that reciting backwards of the Holy Quran is forbidden during Salah. Also that we should recite the Holy Quran in order of the chapters.
    Its not forbidden, but recommanded to maintain the serial. like:
    - reciting from the early chapters and then later chapters
    - reciting more verses in first rakah and shorting the 2nd rakah i.e. recitng less verses than first rakah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed<--me! View Post
    This 'order' part has me a bit confused since we are allowed to skip some chapters right? Say for example you can recite Surat Al-Kafirun and then in 2nd Rakat recite Surat Al-Ikhlas meaning that you skipped 2 chapters, so will this still be in order of chapters?
    you can recite from sura bakara and 2nd rakah sura naas. It isnt problem. but not recite surah Naas at first rakah and then recite verses from Surah Baqarah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed<--me! View Post
    Maybe I'm being a bit too cautious lol because I'm almost 100% sure that you can do this and I've read that a companion (RadiAllahu Anhu) read the above 2 Surahs during Salah and the Messenger (peace be upon him) said good things about this person because of this. Can someone put my mind at ease with this!?
    The surah´s itself has virtues and it was sunnah of prophet(sw) to recite Surah Kafirun and Surah Ikhlas in the sunnah of fajr salah and according to a weak narration it was same in 2 rakah sunnah of after maghrib.
    Last edited by junaid123; 05-04-11 at 05:22 PM.
    Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) is also reported to have said: “He who is very hasty and so bold as to pass verdicts is also bold in taking the path towards hell

  4. #4
    1110010 Peacenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    25,008
    Rep Power
    250

    Re: Reciting Surahs during Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by junaid123 View Post
    Its not forbidden, but recommanded to maintain the serial. like:
    - reciting from the early chapters and then later chapters
    - reciting more verses in first rakah and shorting the 2nd rakah i.e. recitng less verses than first rakah.
    you can recite from sura bakara and 2nd rakah sura naas. It isnt problem. but not recite surah Naas at first rakah and then recite verses from Surah Baqarah.
    JZK for that, Brother; and how has this ruling come about ? - do you have any references in the Hadiths or Sunnah ?
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

    QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

  5. #5
    Abu Nusayba junaid123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    9,753
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: Reciting Surahs during Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by Peacenik View Post
    JZK for that, Brother; and how has this ruling come about ? - do you have any references in the Hadiths or Sunnah ?
    Cant tell the big details but basic rules are mentioned here:

    http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...bc585fe95bf60d

    In the book of imam nawawi(rh) etiquette of Quran you may find some details.

    http://kitaabun.com/shopping3/produc...roducts_id=988
    Last edited by junaid123; 05-04-11 at 05:28 PM.
    Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) is also reported to have said: “He who is very hasty and so bold as to pass verdicts is also bold in taking the path towards hell

  6. #6
    Senior Member Ahmed<--me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Reciting Surahs during Salah

    Jazakallah for the answers.

    I have found an answer to this question from Islamqa. Link is here: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/50781...AD%D9%85%D8%AF

    Some info from the above link:

    Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Tibyaan:

    The scholars (may Allaah have mercy on them) said: The best is to read it in the order in which it appears in the Mus-haf, so he should read al-Faatihah, then al-Baqarah, then Aal ‘Imraan, then al-Nisa’, until he ends with Qul a’oodhu bi Rabbi l-naas (Sooratal-Naas), whether he is reciting it in prayer or otherwise. It is also mustahabb, if he recites one soorah, to recite after it the soorah that comes after it. So if he recites Qul a’oodhu bi Rabbi l-naas (Sooratal-Naas) in the first rak’ah, he should recite from al-Baqarah in the second.

    The evidence for that is that the order of soorahs given in the Mus-haf is for a reason, so that order should be followed, except in cases where it is narrated that there is an exception, such as in Fajr prayer on Friday, when Alif-Laam-Meem Tanzeel (Soorat al-Sajdah) is recited in the first rak’ah and Hal ata (Soorat al-Insaan) in the second, and the Eid prayers when Soorat Qaaf and Soorat al-Qamar may be recited.

    If he recites them in a different order and recites one soorah then recites a soorah that comes before it, or he recites a soorah that does not come straight after it, that is permissible, even if he is not doing what is best. As for reciting a soorah from the end to the beginning, there is no dispute that this is not allowed and is blameworthy, because it is a distortion that detracts from the linguistic miracle of the Qur’aan and goes against the wisdom behind the order in which the verses appear.

  7. #7
    1110010 Peacenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    25,008
    Rep Power
    250

    Re: Reciting Surahs during Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by junaid123 View Post
    Cant tell the big details but basic rules are mentioned here:

    http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...bc585fe95bf60d

    In the book of imam nawawi(rh) etiquette of Quran you may find some details.

    http://kitaabun.com/shopping3/produc...roducts_id=988
    JZK, Bro.
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

    QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

  8. #8
    Senior Member Ahmed<--me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Reciting Surahs during Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by Peacenik View Post
    JZK, Bro.
    Lol hold on I just realised my post above about the links was for reciting the Holy Quran outside of Salah. I would think the same would apply to reciting in Salah though so should be fine inshaAllah.

  9. #9
    أهل الرأي. IbnulQayyim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    9,567
    Rep Power
    89

    Re: Reciting Surahs during Salah



    Reciting Qur'aan backwards [i.e Surah an-Naas in first rak'ah and Surah Falaq in 2nd rak'ah] is Makrooh [disliked]. One should strive to recite them in order.

    Yes we can skip the Surahs in between, for example one recites Surah Baqarah in 1st rak'ah but then skips Surah Aali 'Imraan and recites Surah an-Nisaa.
    Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

    ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
    فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

  10. #10
    میرے دل کا نور .mirror.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    44,518
    Rep Power
    717

    Re: Reciting Surahs during Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by IbnulQayyim View Post


    Reciting Qur'aan backwards [i.e Surah an-Naas in first rak'ah and Surah Falaq in 2nd rak'ah] is Makrooh [disliked]. One should strive to recite them in order.

    Yes we can skip the Surahs in between, for example one recites Surah Baqarah in 1st rak'ah but then skips Surah Aali 'Imraan and recites Surah an-Nisaa.
    Why's that?
    I recite from all over. I don't even know the order of many Surahs. =/
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

  11. #11
    Abu Nusayba junaid123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    9,753
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: Reciting Surahs during Salah

    Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    Why's that?
    I recite from all over. I don't even know the order of many Surahs. =/
    read the post number 6
    Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) is also reported to have said: “He who is very hasty and so bold as to pass verdicts is also bold in taking the path towards hell

  12. #12
    میرے دل کا نور .mirror.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    44,518
    Rep Power
    717

    Re: Reciting Surahs during Salah

    Hmmm...OK.

    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:29 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Super PM System provided by vBSuper_PM (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone
Omar Esa Nasheed Artist
| Omar Esa Nasheeds | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Nasheeds : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Hijabs Online | Hijabs | Hijab Shop | Hijab Shop | AlJazeera Live, MBC Live, Makkah Live : Treasure of The Scholars