Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

~Beautiful Verses from the Quran ~

Assamulakum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu Dear Friends

Let us dedicate this thread to some thought provoking verses from the Quran

Surah Fathiha 1:1

In the Name of Allâh, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

If thou bring them not a revelation, they say: "Why hast thou not got it together?" Say: "I but follow what is revealed to me from my Lord: this is (nothing but) lights from your Lord, and Guidance, and mercy, for any who have faith."

7:203

When the Qur'an is read, listen to it with attention, and hold your peace: that ye may receive Mercy.

7:204
    Please Re-update your Signature

Re: ~Beautiful Verses from the Quran ~

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Al-An'am (The Cattle), Ayat 99 (translation in englsih)

"It is He Who sendeth down rain from the skies: with it We produce vegetation of all kinds: from some We produce green (crops), out of which We produce grain, heaped up (at harvest); out of the date-palm and its sheaths (or spathes) (come) clusters of dates hanging low and near: and (then there are) gardens of grapes, and olives, and pomegranates, each similar (in kind) yet different (in variety): when they begin to bear fruit, feast your eyes with the fruit and the ripeness thereof. Behold! in these things there are Signs for people who believe."

I love these verses and consider them a way of life:

Al Kahf 28 :
    And keep thy soul content with those who call on their Lord morning and evening, seeking His Face; and let not thine eyes pass beyond them, seeking the pomp and glitter of this Life; no obey any whose heart We have permitted to neglect the remembrance of Us, one who follows his own desires, whose case has gone beyond all bounds.

Al Qassass 77:
    "But seek, with the (wealth) which Allah has bestowed on thee, the Home of the Hereafter, nor forget thy portion in this world: but do thou good, as Allah has been good to thee, and seek not (occasions for) mischief in the land: for Allah loves not those who do mischief."

None disputes in the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah but those who disbelieve. So let not their ability of going about here and there through the land (for their purposes) deceive you [O Muhammad , their ultimate end will be the Fire of Hell]
    Surah al ghafir 40:4
    Mashallah beautiful stuff.

Surah Al Bakarah 185

"And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am near. I answer the call of the caller when he calls on Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright"

Everytime I read this ayath when I am reading the Quran, it makes me pause and think, because I know that Allah is listening to me, but I also have to listen to Allah.

Indeed, those U call upon besides ALLAH are SERVANTS LIKE U. So call upon them and let them RESPOND to U, if you should be TRUTHFUL. Q7:194
    MULLA KO JO HAIN MASJID MAIN SAJDAY KI IJAZAT
    NADAN YEH SAMJATA HAIN KI ISLAM HAIN ZINDA

Do you not realize that Allah(SWT)merges
    the night into the day and merges the day
    into the night, and that He has committed
    the sun and the moon in your service, each
    running in its orbit for a specific life span,
    and that Allah(SWT) is fully Cognizant of
    everything you do? Qur'an 31:29

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11131_1269722909393_1419474449_30775681_7591479_n.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	42329
    the Prophet (SAW) said: "Whoever prays the dawn prayer in congregation, it is as if he had prayed the whole night long."
    Muslim

The Prophet (SAW) also said: "The most burdensome prayers for the hypocrites are salaat al-isha and salaat al-fajr, but if they only knew what they contain, they would come even if they had to crawl."
    Ahmad

"Whoever prays fajr is under the protection of Allah. Do not put yourselves in a situation where Allah has to call you to account for your negligence."
    Tabaraani

"Angels come to you in shifts by night and by day. They meet at salaat al-fajr and salaat al-asr, then those who had stayed with you at night ascend, and are asked by the One Who knows better than they: How did you find My servants? They say, We left them when they were praying, and we came to them when they were praying." Bukhaari

O ye who believe! Follow not the footsteps of the devil. Unto whomsoever followeth the footsteps of the devil, lo! he commandeth filthiness and wrong. Had it not been for the grace of Allah and His mercy unto you, not one of you would ever have grown pure. But Allah causeth whom He will to grow. And Allah is Hearer, Knower.
    [Surah An-Nur : 21]

لَّيْسَ الْبِرَّ أَن تُوَلُّواْ وُجُوهَكُمْ قِبَلَ الْمَشْرِقِ وَالْمَغْرِبِ وَلَـكِنَّ الْبِرَّ مَنْ آمَنَ بِاللّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ وَالْمَلآئِكَةِ وَالْكِتَابِ وَالنَّبِيِّينَ وَآتَى الْمَالَ عَلَى حُبِّهِ ذَوِي الْقُرْبَى وَالْيَتَامَى وَالْمَسَاكِينَ وَابْنَ السَّبِيلِ وَالسَّآئِلِينَ وَفِي الرِّقَابِ وَأَقَامَ الصَّلاةَ وَآتَى وَالْمُوفُونَ بِعَهْدِهِمْ إِذَا عَاهَدُواْ وَالصَّابِرِينَ فِي الْبَأْسَاء والضَّرَّاء وَحِينَ الْبَأْسِ أُولَـئِكَ الَّذِينَ صَدَقُوا وَأُولَـئِكَ هُمُ الْمُتَّقُونَ

It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in God and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfil the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the God-fearing.

According to the Holy Prophet whoever puts this verse into practice attains perfection in faith. The theory and practice of piety have clearly been mentioned in this verse. Faith in Allah and welfare of the mankind have been founded as the essence of the religion of Allah, Islam.
    Righteousness is this that one should believe:

1. in the unity of Allah with all His attributes;
    2. in the last day of judgement;
    3. in the angels;
    4. in the book of Allah;
    5. in all the prophets and messengers of Allah;
    6. and give away wealth out of love for Allah to the near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer, and the beggars, and for the liberation of slaves;
    7. and keep up the (obligatory) prayers,
    Last edited by sferoz; 10-04-10 at 05:46 PM.

speak good or be silent the_middle_road's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sferoz View Post
    لَّيْسَ الْبِرَّ أَن تُوَلُّواْ وُجُوهَكُمْ قِبَلَ الْمَشْرِقِ وَالْمَغْرِبِ وَلَـكِنَّ الْبِرَّ مَنْ آمَنَ بِاللّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ وَالْمَلآئِكَةِ وَالْكِتَابِ وَالنَّبِيِّينَ وَآتَى الْمَالَ عَلَى حُبِّهِ ذَوِي الْقُرْبَى وَالْيَتَامَى وَالْمَسَاكِينَ وَابْنَ السَّبِيلِ وَالسَّآئِلِينَ وَفِي الرِّقَابِ وَأَقَامَ الصَّلاةَ وَآتَى وَالْمُوفُونَ بِعَهْدِهِمْ إِذَا عَاهَدُواْ وَالصَّابِرِينَ فِي الْبَأْسَاء والضَّرَّاء وَحِينَ الْبَأْسِ أُولَـئِكَ الَّذِينَ صَدَقُوا وَأُولَـئِكَ هُمُ الْمُتَّقُونَ
    [B][I]
    There's a word missing in the above.

لَيْسَ الْبِرَّ أَنْ تُوَلُّوا وُجُوهَكُمْ قِبَلَ الْمَشْرِقِ وَالْمَغْرِبِ وَلَكِنَّ الْبِرَّ مَنْ آمَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ وَالْمَلائِكَةِ وَالْكِتَابِ وَالنَّبِيِّينَ وَآتَى الْمَالَ عَلَى حُبِّهِ ذَوِي الْقُرْبَى وَالْيَتَامَى وَالْمَسَاكِينَ وَابْنَ السَّبِيلِ وَالسَّائِلِينَ وَفِي الرِّقَابِ وَأَقَامَ الصَّلاةَ وَآتَى الزَّكَاةَ وَالْمُوفُونَ بِعَهْدِهِمْ إِذَا عَاهَدُوا وَالصَّابِرِينَ فِي الْبَأْسَاءِ وَالضَّرَّاءِ وَحِينَ الْبَأْسِ أُولَئِكَ الَّذِينَ صَدَقُوا وَأُولَئِكَ هُمُ الْمُتَّقُونَ
    "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
    (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

jazakallah, thx for correction

Account Disabled

Qur'an aint poetry .. lets get that straight

Qur'an aint poetry .. lets get that straigh
    of course Qura'n is not poetry

so Mods please move it other forum

It is not the word of a poet; little it is you believe! Nor is it the word of a soothsayer: little admonition it is you receive. (This is) a message sent down from the Lord of the worlds'
    (Al-Qur'an , The sure Reality 69: 40-43).

وَيَوْمَ نُسَيِّرُ الْجِبَالَ وَتَرَى الْأَرْضَ بَارِزَةً وَحَشَرْنَاهُمْ فَلَمْ نُغَادِرْ مِنْهُمْ أَحَدًا
    وَعُرِضُوا عَلَىٰ رَبِّكَ صَفًّا لَّقَدْ جِئْتُمُونَا كَمَا خَلَقْنَاكُمْ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍ ۚ بَلْ زَعَمْتُمْ أَلَّن نَّجْعَلَ لَكُم مَّوْعِدًا

وَوُضِعَ الْكِتَابُ فَتَرَى الْمُجْرِمِينَ مُشْفِقِينَ مِمَّا فِيهِ وَيَقُولُونَ يَا وَيْلَتَنَا مَالِ هَٰذَا الْكِتَابِ لَا يُغَادِرُ صَغِيرَةً وَلَا كَبِيرَةً إِلَّا أَحْصَاهَا ۚ وَوَجَدُوا مَا عَمِلُوا حَاضِرًا ۗ وَلَا يَظْلِمُ رَبُّكَ أَحَدًا

وَإِذْ قُلْنَا لِلْمَلَائِكَةِ اسْجُدُوا لِآدَمَ فَسَجَدُوا إِلَّا إِبْلِيسَ كَانَ مِنَ الْجِنِّ فَفَسَقَ عَنْ أَمْرِ رَبِّهِ ۗ أَفَتَتَّخِذُونَهُ وَذُرِّيَّتَهُ أَوْلِيَاءَ مِن دُونِي وَهُمْ لَكُمْ عَدُوٌّ ۚ بِئْسَ لِلظَّالِمِينَ بَدَلًا
    (سورة الكهف)

And [warn of] the Day when We will remove the mountains and you will see the earth prominent, and We will gather them and not leave behind from them anyone.
    And they will be presented before your Lord in rows, [and He will say], "You have certainly come to Us just as We created you the first time. But you claimed that We would never make for you an appointment."
    And the record [of deeds] will be placed [open], and you will see the criminals fearful of that within it, and they will say, "Oh, woe to us! What is this book that leaves nothing small or great except that it has enumerated it?" And they will find what they did present [before them]. And your Lord does injustice to no one.
    And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate to Adam," and they prostrated, except for Iblees. He was of the jinn and departed from the command of his Lord. Then will you take him and his descendants as allies other than Me while they are enemies to you? Wretched it is for the wrongdoers as an exchange

Mods, please move this thread to other forum

Account Disabled

﴿إِنَّ الَّذِينَ قَالُواْ رَبُّنَا اللَّهُ ثُمَّ اسْتَقَـمُواْ تَتَنَزَّلُ عَلَيْهِمُ الْمَلَـئِكَةُ أَلاَّ تَخَافُواْ وَلاَ تَحْزَنُواْ وَأَبْشِرُواْ بِالْجَنَّةِ الَّتِى كُنتُمْ تُوعَدُونَ - نَحْنُ أَوْلِيَآؤُكُمْ فِى الْحَيَوةِ الدُّنْيَا وَفِى الاٌّخِرَةِ وَلَكُمْ فِيهَا مَا تَشْتَهِى أَنفُسُكُمْ وَلَكُمْ فِيهَا مَا تَدَّعُونَ - نُزُلاً مِّنْ غَفُورٍ رَّحِيمٍ ﴾ (30. Verily, those who say: "Our Lord is Allah,'' and then they stand firm, on them the angels will descend (saying): "Fear not, nor grieve! But receive the glad tidings of Paradise which you have been promised!'') (31. "We have been your friends in the life of this world and are (so) in the Hereafter. Therein you shall have (all) that your souls desire, and therein you shall have (all) for which you ask.'') (32. "An entertainment from the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.'')

Here is the tafsir http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...2123&Itemid=97

mashaAllah what a lovely thread

verse 38 of chapter 10. يونس

أَم يَقولونَ افتَرىٰهُ ۖ قُل فَأتوا بِسورَةٍ مِثلِهِ وَادعوا مَنِ استَطَعتُم مِن دونِ اللَّهِ إِن كُنتُم صٰدِقينَ

Do they say that Muhammad has invented it? (Muhammad), tell them, "If your claim is true, compose only one chapter like it and call on anyone besides God for help.

Thread revive.

SALAAM alaykum .. am glad the thread was revived .. this is what i came across in my studies today:

"Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should say [something] good, or he should keep silent." [Bukhari, Muslim, Ahmad, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah]

Narrated at-Tirmidhi: 'A person may utter a word he thinks is harmless, which results in his falling the depth of 70 years into Hellfire'

"There is nothing that will be heavier in the Believer's scales, on the Day of Judgment, than good character. Indeed Allah hates the wicked and the ill-mouthed person” (Abi Dawoud and Tirmidhi)

Odan

"Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, And be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me." [Qur'an 2:152]

‘Say: He is God, the One and Unique;
    God, the Eternal source and support
    Of everything;
    He begots not, and neither is He begotten;
    And none is His equal.’

(al-Ikhlas 112: 1-4)

“And when they hear Al Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk), they withdraw from it and say: ‘To us our deeds, and to you your deeds. Peace be to you . We seek not (the way of) the ignorant’”
    [al-Qasas 28:55]

Thank you so much to sharing such a Nice sayings of Allah,
    ‘And be true to every promise- for, verily you willl be called to account for every promise which you have made.’ My Lord Forgive me..
    (al-Isra 17: 34)

Odan

“Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest” (Quran 13:28)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    Thank you so much to sharing such a Nice sayings of Allah,
    ‘And be true to every promise- for, verily you willl be called to account for every promise which you have made.’ My Lord Forgive me..
    (al-Isra 17: 34)
    buy fireproof safe

Quote Originally Posted by Blossom1x View Post
    wise quotation for life. Nice you shared it in here.

"See you no that Allah sends down water (rain) from the sky, and causes it to penetrate the earth, (and then makes it to spring up) as water-springs, and afterwards thereby produces crops of different colours, and afterwards they wither and you see them turn yellow; then He makes them dry and broken pieces. Verily, in this is a reminder for men of understanding."

39:21

^^Ayah makes you ponder so much.

"Is not He (better than your Gods) Who responds to the distressed one, when he calls on Him, and Who removes the evil, and makes you inheritors of the earth, generations after generations? Is there an God with Allah? Little is that you remember!"

27:62

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

I love this ayah.. You know that Allah swt will never leave you in the ditch, never. Listening to it being recited beautifully by Idris Abkar.

And their Lord responded to them, "Never will I allow to be lost the work of [any] worker among you, whether male or female; you are of one another. So those who emigrated or were evicted from their homes or were harmed in My cause or fought in my cause or were killed-I will surely remove from them their misdeed and I will surely admit them to gardens beneath which rivers flow as reward from Allah, and Allah has with Him the best reward"

(2:195)

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

Account Disabled

When his Lord said to him, "Submit (i.e. be a Muslim)!" He said, "I have submitted myself (as a Muslim) to the Lord of the 'Alamîn (mankind, jinn and all that exists)." [2:131]

"And be true to every promise- for, verily you willl be called to account for every promise which you have made."
    (17: 34)

"...And who ever fears Allah, He will make a way out for him..."
    (65:2)

"Verily, Allah loves those who fight in His cause in rows (ranks) as if they were a solid structure."
    (61:4)

One my fav ayahs..

"And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and His Lord spoke to him, he said "My Lord show [Yourself] that I may look at you." [Allah] said, "You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it should remain in place, then you will see Me." But when His Lord appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level [pieces], and Moses fell unconscious. And when he awoke, he said, "Exalted are you! I have repented to you and I am the first of the believers."

SubhanAllah.

Recited here so beautifully by Hani Rifai, from 2.15.

"Now await in patience the command of thy Lord: for verily thou art in Our eyes: and celebrate the praises of they Lord the while thou standest forth."
    (52:48)

Message for the beloved Prophet PBUH in relation to the trials he faced.

And fear the Day (of Judgement) when no person shall avail another, nor shall compensation be accepted from him, nor shall intercession be use to him, nor shall they be helped. (2:123)

May Allah swt have mercy on us on the day where everything will be depended on His mercy. Ameen thumma Ameen.
    Last edited by Islam.07; 20-02-12 at 09:28 PM.

27. "And the Day the wrongdoer will bite on his hands [in regret] he will say, "Oh I wish I had taken with the Messenger a way"

28. "Oh woe to me! I wish I had not taken that one [bad companion] as a friend!"

29. "He led me away from the remembrance after it had come to me. And ever is Satan, to a man, a deserter."

Surah Furqan.

SubhanAllah.
    Last edited by Islam.07; 20-02-12 at 09:38 PM.

Account Disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Blossom1x View Post

"Lo! Allah is the Lord of Kindness to mankind, but most of mankind give not thanks." (Surat al-Baqarah 2:143)

so true...we humans are so unthankful to our Creator except very very few in this era!...

Account Disabled

And many a Prophet (i.e. many from amongst the Prophets) fought (in Allâh's Cause) and along with him (fought) large bands of religious learned men. But they never lost heart for that which did befall them in Allâh's Way, nor did they weaken nor degrade themselves. And Allâh loves As-Sâbirun (the patient). [3:146]

Account Disabled

Those (i.e. believers) unto whom the people (hypocrites) said, "Verily, the people (pagans) have gathered against you (a great army), therefore, fear them." But it (only) increased them in Faith, and they said: "Allâh (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us)." [3:173]

Account Disabled

"And whoso obeys Allâh and the Messenger (Muhammad SAW), then they will be in the company of those on whom Allâh has bestowed His Grace, of the Prophets, the Siddiqűn, the martyrs, and the righteous. And how excellent these companions are!" [4:69]

"... O mankind, what has deceived you concerning your Lord, the Generous?..."

(82:6)