Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Alhamdulillah ..♥ CloserThanVeins's Avatar

Ladies... how do you keep your hair looking good under your hijab?!

Some of you may know I've finally started to wear the Hijab Alhamdulillah... but underneath I'm still that little perfectionist who freaks out at the tiniest curl/kink! lol

I find my hijab flattens out my hair making it impossible to style afterwards! Anybody else have the same problem or is it just my hair that hates me? Any tips to keeping your hair healthy and looking good under your Hijab?

... & don't worry, this is for me and my family only. No non mahrams will see it.

Spending the days indoors LailaTheMuslim's Avatar

Re: Ladies... how do you keep your hair looking good under your hijab?!

Oh MashaAllah on starting to wear the Hijab girl!

Well I can't give you tips on hair care, my hair usually looks like a birds nest or is raised into a super-saiyan position (if you know the reference). The only time I do my hair nicely is when my sister plaits it for me or I have relaxed it and put it into a neat bun for a few hours, until I loose my hairband.

So I'm just saying MashaAllah yh lol
    WhenTheWorldPushesYouToYourKnees-
    You'reInThePerfectPositionToPray (Islam.07)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O people, beware of this shirk, for it is more subtle than the footsteps of an ant. The one whom Allaah willed should speak said to him, “How can we beware of it when it is more subtle than the footsteps of an ant, O Messenger of Allaah?” He said, “Say, Allaahumma innaa na’oodhu bika min an nushrika bika shay’an na’lamuhu wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na’lam (O Allaah, we seek refuge with You from knowingly associating anything with You, and we seek Your forgiveness for that which we do unknowingly).” (Narrated by Ahmad, 4/403)

“My intercession will be for those among my ummah who have committed major sins.” [Classed as Sahih by al-Albaani in Sahih Abi Dawood, 3965]

Formpring me:

http://www.formspring.me/LailaTheWailer

The only way I can even keep my hair nice and tidy under hijab is putting it in a bun other than that its everywhere and trying to come out of my hijab. Not pleasent

Masha Allah may Allah guide u and all of us on the haq amin. probably best not to describe yourselves in front of the brothers insha Allah. just keep your hair clean and keep your hijab on outside, and dont worry about what ur hair looks like because no ones going to see it outdoors anyway and u can fix it when u get home, is the best advice i can offer.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Salam, I began to wear a Hijab recently too and I found that when I took my Hijab off it looked like an overweight aunty had rolled across my head and generally my hair wasn't feeling as healthy as it did before. After Googling, I found...
    1. I used to wear my Hijab with wet hair, be very careful not to do that.
    2. Don't tie your hair up too tight or even wear your scarf too tight.
    3. Wearing a hat will moves your hair line further back.
    4. Take your Hijab off when you're at home.

Oh yes plus a underscarf or bone is good for keeping the hairs out of your face and showing

^ Thanks everyone ...but i'm asking how can I keep my hair looking good and keep it healthy when the hijab is OFF - I know nobody will see it but there's nothing wrong with still making an effort to feel and look nice for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Taqwa_90 View Post
    Salam, I began to wear a Hijab recently too and I found that when I took my Hijab off it looked like an overweight aunty had rolled across my head and generally my hair wasn't feeling as healthy as it did before.
    perfectly described!
    Last edited by CloserThanVeins; 20-09-10 at 01:49 AM.

Account Disabled

this place is almost completely girly

time to leave i guess

Quote Originally Posted by CloserThanVeins View Post
    ^ Thanks, but i'm asking how can I keep my hair looking good and keep it healthy when the hijab is OFF - I know nobody will see it but there's nothing wrong with still making an effort to feel and look nice for myself.
    Oh ok I thought you wanted to know how to keep it nice under hijab lol. Malish

When its off is easy... braid it comb it, oil it, put yogurt,honey, henna all that good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn Sina View Post
    this place is almost completely girly

time to leave i guess
    Yeaaah that's right. You know we rule this place!

use more conditioner.

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by *Aisha View Post

When its off is easy... braid it comb it, oil it, put yogurt,honey, henna all that good stuff.
    Honey in the hair? Really? That sounds painful.

Quote Originally Posted by loonietoonie View Post
    Honey in the hair? Really? That sounds painful.
    Nah it's not. You mix it with some conditioner after you shampoo. Rinse it out and it leaves the hairs soft and healthy. Also you can mix honey with oil too. Its a moisturizer so a natural conditioner you could say.
    Last edited by *aisha*; 20-09-10 at 03:03 AM.

salaam sis

congratulations!!!

the honey idea is good, my friend uses it alot..theres another one thats pretty naaasstty but it makes ur hair soft n silky...
    basically, get half a cup of mayonnaise and an egg and mix them together...then apply it to ur scalp first then the rest of the hair and put a shower cap on and leave it for 30min-45min then rinse it out. i thought the egg would be killa but the mayyonaise smell made me sick...it was also pretty disgusting when i was applying it but the results were great!! and surprisingly when u rinse it all the mayyonaise n egg smell goes

also take iron tablets

wash and DIFFUUUUUSE

hydrogen peroxide makes the hair light ..... might help i think

Quote Originally Posted by noobz View Post
    hydrogen peroxide makes the hair light ..... might help i think

hydrogen peroxide is what is mixed with hair tint, and then opens the hair shaft to allow the colour to be changed, its not a hairlightener on its own, and lightening your hair will make it dryer not softer. conditioner is more than ample.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

omg masha'Allah!
    i don't wear hijab (yet ) but for my hair extra virgin olive oil is great, leave it on for about half an hour, wash it out WELL with shampoo + conditioner, then see the results

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
    [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Account Disabled

^^^or if you have weird eyes, it will turn super

There is none like Him. Muslimah81's Avatar

hijab hair...join the club!

hijab is actually good for protecting your hair from the elements...from UV rays in summer and then from harsh cold/wind in winter.

just take care of your hair as normal and then just oomph it up when you take your scarf off

inappropriate feet poster YasirH's Avatar

Some of you may know I've finally started to wear the Hijab Alhamdulillah... but underneath I'm still that little perfectionist who freaks out at the tiniest curl/kink! lol

I find my hijab flattens out my hair making it impossible to style afterwards! Anybody else have the same problem or is it just my hair that hates me? Any tips to keeping your hair healthy and looking good under your Hijab?

... & don't worry, this is for me and my family only. No non mahrams will see it.
    That's exactly why I don't wear a scarf.
    <--- I look like that and when I'm not , I'm usually like likeand likebut sometimes I'm like as well.

You may want to try some of the lush conditioners.

I managed to scav a nice big tub for a sample and it really worked.

As for flat hair.....once you wear hijab like 7/8 hours a day you dont really notice and get used to the flat hair.
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

Revive A Sunnah

The Qur'an Club !!

Just style it when you're at home. regarding flat hair, you just comb your hair from underneath in sections, if you want turn your head down and comb it like that. Use hair clips and grips to make a quiff or allow hair to be raised so it's not flat, this is good because it lets air through as well whereas with hijab not much air gets through.

so for hijab tips- try and wear hijab loose, easier said than done lol I don't think many can pull this off without hair eventually showing or hijab being a nightmare!

Also some have mentioned the under hat/bone cap or whatever you call it is bad, but then it also keeps hair in place soo just don't wear it mega tight, don't tie your hair mega tight under the hijab. It is often found that if you make a plait and then roll into a bun, the hair will produce better volume through natural waves/curls, or if you swirl the ponytail and then tie in a bun or something, rather than just leaving hair out and tucking in, this will just be very messy and get your hair in knots.

I think volume at top of head is just something you compromise when you wear hijab, but you can always do things once you're at home- it's just finding the time.
    "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
    Friends of Al Aqsa

Hmm honey sounds like a good 1

Quote Originally Posted by Jannah101 View Post
    salaam sis

congratulations!!!

the honey idea is good, my friend uses it alot..theres another one thats pretty naaasstty but it makes ur hair soft n silky...
    basically, get half a cup of mayonnaise and an egg and mix them together...then apply it to ur scalp first then the rest of the hair and put a shower cap on and leave it for 30min-45min then rinse it out. i thought the egg would be killa but the mayyonaise smell made me sick...it was also pretty disgusting when i was applying it but the results were great!! and surprisingly when u rinse it all the mayyonaise n egg smell goes

also take iron tablets
    Ew yeah somebody told me about the egg one - gross!
    I bought a new conditioner which is supposed to be really good for your hair, all herbal stuff, so I'm hoping they work just as well lol

Quote Originally Posted by YasirH View Post
    Hahaa, I think you should though.. Good way to cover them grey hairs and bald patches bro

Quote Originally Posted by aurorascopic View Post
    I think volume at top of head is just something you compromise when you wear hijab, but you can always do things once you're at home- it's just finding the time.
    Oh
    Thanks for the tips! I guess I just have to take extra care when it's off

You get hijaab hair (similar to hat hair) after wearing the hijaab all day, can't avoid that I'm afraid.

Re volume, once you take it off - will require some ingenious effort on your end for that kind of thing.
    Last edited by Ebony; 20-09-10 at 09:46 AM.
    You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Oh yes plus a underscarf or bone is good for keeping the hairs out of your face and showing
    a bone?

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O people, beware of this shirk, for it is more subtle than the footsteps of an ant. The one whom Allaah willed should speak said to him, “How can we beware of it when it is more subtle than the footsteps of an ant, O Messenger of Allaah?” He said, “Say, Allaahumma innaa na’oodhu bika min an nushrika bika shay’an na’lamuhu wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na’lam (O Allaah, we seek refuge with You from knowingly associating anything with You, and we seek Your forgiveness for that which we do unknowingly).” (Narrated by Ahmad, 4/403)

“My intercession will be for those among my ummah who have committed major sins.” [Classed as Sahih by al-Albaani in Sahih Abi Dawood, 3965]

Formpring me:

Quote Originally Posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    a bone?
    Yea some people call them that or bonnet or underscarf all kinds of names for them

I dont get hejab hair I never even had a problem with flat hair before.

inappropriate feet poster YasirH's Avatar

Yea some people call them that or bonnet or underscarf all kinds of names for them

I dont get hejab hair I never even had a problem with flat hair before.
    I call it an under dikki and I don't think it suits me. Also, my head prefers going commando.
    Last edited by YasirH; 20-09-10 at 02:56 PM.
    <--- I look like that and when I'm not , I'm usually like likeand likebut sometimes I'm like as well.

Tullaib

Quote Originally Posted by Jannah101 View Post
    salaam sis

congratulations!!!

also take iron tablets
    Thats just wasting food

It's not wasting food its not like your throwing it away while its still good. Your just feeding your hair.

Quote Originally Posted by zaidfp View Post
    Thats just wasting food

It's not wasting food its not like your throwing it away while its still good. Your just feeding your hair.
    Also, the eggs make a great omelette for your husband after !

Also, the eggs make a great omelette for your husband after !
    lol exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by YasirH View Post
    i hope thats not true

before the final rinsing of your hair rub it through with diluted white vinegar. makes it shiny and soft

i wash my hair everyday and i do agree hijab + niqab flattens the hair, iv got this weird habit, i use my hair dryer to give it shape after it being hijab flattened

mashAllah at wearing hijab, may Allah keep you steadfast.
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Odan

What that doesn't happen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by *asiya* View Post
    Masha Allah may Allah guide u and all of us on the haq amin. probably best not to describe yourselves in front of the brothers insha Allah. just keep your hair clean and keep your hijab on outside, and dont worry about what ur hair looks like because no ones going to see it outdoors anyway and u can fix it when u get home, is the best advice i can offer.
    lol- i thought it was in the ladies section

Formpring me:

Quote Originally Posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    lol- i thought it was in the ladies section
    There's a ladies section?

Yea but we're not allowed.

Odan

Its called the sister's section and you have to have 1000 posts and be on ummah forum for 6 months before applying so you are allowed to go in there.

I think, so don't take my word for it.