Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

LIVE Hadeeth and Arabic Classes with Abu Mus'ab every Wednesday from 8:00PM GMT (9:00pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Icon7 Recipe for Cornflake Tart (like you used to have at school)

Ingredients

Pastry
    250g plain flour
    125g butter or margarine
    Cold water
    Red jam

Cornflake topping
    125g caster sugar
    125g butter
    220g cornflakes
    125g golden syrup

Instructions :

Pre heat oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6

1. Place flour and fat into a large bowl and rub in the fat until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Using a round bladed knife stir in the cold water a little at a time until the mixture begins to come together. Use your hands to form a ball of pastry. Wrap the pastry in cling film and rest for half an hour or so in the fridge.

2. Roll out the pastry, line a tin 14 by 8 and bake blind for 15 minutes. Prick with a fork or fill with baking beans. Allow to cool.

3. Turn the oven down to 170C/Gas Mark 4

4. Once cool spread the pastry case with the jam.

5. Place the sugar, syrup and butter in a large pan and heat gently until the butter has melted. Give the mixture a good stir and add in the cornflakes a few handfuls at a time until either the cornflakes are all added or the toffee mixture is all used up. Mix well to make sure each cornflake is sticky.

6. Place the cornflake mix into the jammy tart case and press down well with the back of a spoon to compress and smooth the surface. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Take out and cool. When absolutely cold use a serrated knife to cut into squares.

Serve with hot custard.

The recipe isn't mine but wanted to share it as this is a simple but delicious pud, good for when you're treating yourself inshaAllah. Post and let us know how it tasted if you try it.
    ربنا واجعلنا مسلمين لك ومن ذريتنا أمة مسلمة لك وأرنا مناسكنا وتب علينا إنك أنت التواب الرحيم

Our Lord, make us Muslims submitted to You, and our descendants a Muslim community submitted to You. Show us our rites of worship and turn towards us. You are the Ever-Returning, the Most Merciful. [2: 128]

http://livingthemuslimlife.wordpress.com/

Re: Recipe for Cornflake Tart (like you used to have at school)

Shukran...
    Mutarrif B. 'Abdillah: ''Oh Allaah, I seek forgiveness in you from that which I have repented and then returned back to, and I seek forgiveness in you from that which I rendered to you and then did not fulfil and I seek forgiveness in you from that which I alleged was for seeking your face but, my heart mixed with that which you know of me'' (حلية الأولياء)

One has never heard of a cornflake tart before. One is intrigued. One thanks you.

But whut is a baking bean?
    It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
    -Muslim

jazakillah

Account Disabled

subhanallah this forum needs to have people posting healthy food recipies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiking View Post
    One has never heard of a cornflake tart before. One is intrigued. One thanks you.

But whut is a baking bean?
    Lol, but have you heard of cornflakes?? If you haven't you can't be from the UK sis. Try the recipe and let me know what you think inshaAllah.

Blind baking is when you're baking the pastry on its own, without the filling. The baking beans are to stop the pastry from rising too much as you want the base of the pudding to stay flat. So you can either put in some baking beans (like these http://www.lakeland.co.uk/ceramic-ba...baking%20beans ) or good 'ol pricking the pastry with a fork, which is what I do. Hope that helps lol.
    ربنا واجعلنا مسلمين لك ومن ذريتنا أمة مسلمة لك وأرنا مناسكنا وتب علينا إنك أنت التواب الرحيم

Our Lord, make us Muslims submitted to You, and our descendants a Muslim community submitted to You. Show us our rites of worship and turn towards us. You are the Ever-Returning, the Most Merciful. [2: 128]

Quote Originally Posted by Illest View Post
    Shukran...
    Quote Originally Posted by Al-Mujaahidah View Post
    jazakillah
    Wa iyyakum to you both.

Quote Originally Posted by islam4u2 View Post
    subhanallah this forum needs to have people posting healthy food recipies.
    Is that a subtle dig at me because of my healthy eating thread akhi? Well, it's not the healthiest thing but that's why I said for when you treat yourself, eating this often would make you sick anyway as it's SWEET!

Ooh timing! Of course I've heard of cornflakes you barmy lass, what do you take me for, an inuit?

Thanks!
    It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
    -Muslim

Quote Originally Posted by Hiking View Post
    Ooh timing! Of course I've heard of cornflakes you barmy lass, what do you take me for, an inuit?

Thanks!
    Lol well sis Gucci (Canadian) had no idea what wheetabix was in another thread, lol. But as you're calling me a 'lass' you're definately British all good and proper You're welcome sis, try it, it's yummy!

*sigh* school days the good ol days
    Al-Ghazali said, "If you see Allah, Mighty and Magnificent, holding back this world from you, frequently trying you with adversity and tribulation, know that you hold a great status with Him. Know that He is dealing with you as He does with His Awliya' and chosen elite, and is watching over you, have you not heard His saying, "So wait steadfastly for the judgment of your Lord - you are certainly before Our eyes.[At-Tur 52:48]

Quote Originally Posted by Jihaan View Post
    *sigh* school days the good ol days
    Have you forgotten the cabbage...?

Thanks for the recepie! cant wait to make it.... would you know the recepie of chocolate custard the way they used to serve at school? tried a couple of times to make it home but didnt taste same would go great with the cornflake tart... Thanks again.. Jazakallah..

Account Disabled

AlhamdulI I (a man ) made it to a similar recipe last year. It was during Ramadhan. I took it to the masjid at Iftar. It was well received by the brothers mashaA.