Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

+ Reply to Thread

Asking Allah for something

Asalaamualykum wr wb

If i really deeply wanted something was it selfish to ask Allah by waking up in the third of the night just to ask him? Is that using Allah, as i don't often wake up in the night. Only a few times.

Re: Asking Allah for something

Its not selfish, its a good thing you are asking Allah. just make sure its not a haram thing.

deadly
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by Lookingaround View Post
    Asalaamualykum wr wb

If i really deeply wanted something was it selfish to ask Allah by waking up in the third of the night just to ask him? Is that using Allah, as i don't often wake up in the night. Only a few times.
    i know what you mean, sometimes when i wake up during the night i always think i never wake up to make tawbah however im up cause i need something selfish for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by mujahid28 View Post
    Its not selfish, its a good thing you are asking Allah. just make sure its not a haram thing.

Just to add on to that, He likes it when you ask him....and when you realize that he is the only one you can turn to ultimately, so it's a good deed you are doing. we recite this more than 17 times a day in salat, iyyaka na3budu waiyyaka nasta3iin- only you we worship and on you we depend...so deped n him and inshallah he will grant your prayer...just remember to be patient.

(putting aside the obvious, that we should only ask for halal things)

It is not selfish to ask Allah for something as He is the Provider and we should turn to Him and ask His help in all things. It is a good habit to ask Him for aid in many things, even 'small matters'. Allah loves the ones who turn to Him for help before any other and rely on Him and know that everything that occurs is by His Will.

A good way to ask for anything is to make dua asking Allah "bless me with such and such and make it happen for me only if it best for me in this world and the hereafter and if it is not best for me then bless with me what is and make me content with that."

Best times for dua include after the athan waiting for the prayer to begin (if you're going to pray in congregation), after the salah, at the time of iftar, and waking in the third portion of the night and praying tahajjud.

May Allah grant you and us what's best in this world and the hereafter and save us from the punishment of the Fire. Ameen.
    Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

mariyahhasan
    Guests

Icon9 Re: Asking Allah for something

i want allah to give me something that'll make me happy its a boy so what shall i do!!!!????

ScholarMyGoal
    Guests

Icon12 Re: Asking Allah for something

Quote Originally Posted by mariyahhasan View Post
    i want allah to give me something that'll make me happy its a boy so what shall i do!!!!????
    Astaghfirullah sister did you even think about what you said? It depends on the age, if your at the stage of wanting to get married then obviously do it in the Islamic way in other words halal way. It's fine to like a guy in your heart but not actually ask Allah for him since you don't really know what's inside his heart. But Allah SWT knows best. And Surah 30, Ar-Rum. Ayah 21

Allah SWT says in the holy Quran:

And of His signs, another one is that He created for you mates from among yourselves that you may find comfort with them, and He planted love and kindness in your hearts; surely there are signs in this for those who think about it.

So you see Allah created A mate for us and if we like the certain someone we don't know if they might benefit us and get close to Allah and our Deen or make us forget The Quran etc. Remmemebr this sister be patient and inshallah Allah SWT will gift you a guy that inshallah will be perfect for you. XD

assalamualaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh