Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Tafseer Class, Tafseer Ibn Katheer, Saturday 6:30pm GMT (7:30pm BST/GMT+1) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Note: All classes are still on the old times of GMT, not GMT +1 a.k.a. BST, with the exception of the Tafseer Class, for that will be done at 7:30pm GMT, or 6:30pm GMT+1/BST

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Karbala story, the sunni version?

can anyone tell me any sunni websites with the story of karbala, i don't wanna be reading any stuff from shia websites. i am really interested in finding about the events of karbala.

Re: Karbala story, the sunni version?

Quote Originally Posted by pearl44uk View Post
    can anyone tell me any sunni websites with the story of karbala, i don't wanna be reading any stuff from shia websites. i am really interested in finding about the events of karbala.
    http://www.al-inaam.com/library/bidat/vkarabala03.htm

Asalaamolaykum for that link, however, it does not tell you the events from karbala from top to bottom. i went to the mosque yestersay and they spoke mainly in urdu howve, even though i can understand urdu some of the vocabulary was too great. i dunno why they don't have a english speaker too. anyway, any if you find any good sunni websites please let me know.

wal 'aqibatulil muttaqeen Uthman Ibn Afan's Avatar

Theres this series of lectures
    http://www.hoor-al-ayn.com/lectures/kamal-el-mekki/
    The Fitnah

By: Kamal El Mekki
    A look at the early history of Islam from the time of Uthman Ibn Affan..until Abdullah Ibn Azzubair.
    CD-1: The life of Uthman Ibn Affan: His Khilafa and the begining of the Fitnah.
    CD-2: The beginings of the Fitnah(cont). The assassination of Uthman and the pledge to Ali.
    CD-3: Ali regains the provinces and the Army of Aisha, Talha, and Azzubair.
    CD-4: The Battle of Al-Jamal and the Battle of Siffin.
    CD-5: The Battle of Siffin (cont). The emergence of the Khawaarij. The assassination of Ali. The Khilafa of Al-Hassan Ibn Ali and Muawiah.
    CD-6: Muawiah (cont). Yazeed Ibn Muawiah. The martyrdom of Al Hussein Ibn Ali and Abdullah Ibn Azzubair.
    Download [100 MB]
    Last edited by Uthman Ibn Afan; 28-12-09 at 09:09 PM.
    http://kondori.wordpress.com/

HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل
    Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

"...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

Salātullāhi wa Salāmuhu Ďalayka ya Rasūlallāh

Quote Originally Posted by Uthman Ibn Afan View Post
    Thanx 4 effort bro , but seriously i believe from what i have seen on the internet over the years , that sunni people should not get into the Era of fitna or even read of it .

once they read it they have a feeling of being compelled to take sides and judge and in reality all those parties were on the same side , but they had Jews and khawarij behind the fitna .

my 2 cents , thanx for that brother Uthman .

Quote Originally Posted by al faqeer View Post
    Thanx 4 effort bro , but seriously i believe from what i have seen on the internet over the years , that sunni people should not get into the Era of fitna or even read of it .

once they read it they have a feeling of being compelled to take sides and judge and in reality all those parties were on the same side , but they had Jews and khawarij behind the fitna .

I see what you mean
    Ive listened to that series and the speaker says the same thing, he explains that point very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Uthman Ibn Afan View Post
    Asalaamolaykum, thank you for that link that was really good. i have found a site with all the backrounds and events of karabala as well as the events leading up to ashura if anybody wants to read about it. i think we should read about these matters and find about the sacrifice imam hussain (PBUH) took for islam. Cannot believe how the people of kuffan betrayed imam hussain (PBUH). the site is: http://www.al-islam.org/short/Karbala.htm

Asalaamolaykum, thank you for that link that was really good. i have found a site with all the backrounds and events of karabala as well as the events leading up to ashura if anybody wants to read about it. i think we should read about these matters and find about the sacrifice imam hussain (PBUH) took for islam. Cannot believe how the people of kuffan betrayed imam hussain (PBUH). the site is: http://www.al-islam.org/short/Karbala.htm

thats a shia site

.dum.vita.est.spes.est. Pippin1376's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by al faqeer View Post

I agree, leave that knowledge to the scholars and focus on other things.
    "...And never give up hope of Allah's Soothing Mercy: truly no one despairs of Allah's Soothing Mercy, except those who have no faith."

Surah Yusuf
    [12:87]

.:.

.:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Are u sure thats a shia site. The accounts sound pretty accurate. I think it is best the events of karbala coming scholars, i'm just trying to further my knowledge. I disagree with the comment that we should focus on other things. People are quick to argue about small little thing or label things bidah but want to focus on othe things when it comes to karbala. I only bought this thread up because its muharram. this a very huge event and one the reasons why we still have islam in the world. What a great sacrifice by imam hussain (pbuh), subhanalla.

Are u sure thats a shia site. The accounts sound pretty accurate. I think it is best the events of karbala coming scholars, i'm just trying to further my knowledge. I disagree with the comment that we should focus on other things. People are quick to argue about small little thing or label things bidah but want to focus on othe things when it comes to karbala. I only bought this thread up because its muharram. this a very huge event and one the reasons why we still have islam in the world. What a great sacrifice by imam hussain (pbuh), subhanalla.
    Sis first of all i think i speak for all sunnis when i say that The killing of Imam Hussien r.a. and some 70 odd members of the ahlulbayt r.a. is considered by us as one of the greatest crimes , we have it in mind all the time and not only on the 10th of Muharram .

But we should also remember sayidinal Hasan r.a. , whom the Shia hardly mention ( come to think of it even the Sunnis hardly mention him r.a. ) , we should not keep on living in hate and cursing - if we do we will fail to evolve into better muslims , thats the main reason why shia Islam has failed to spread over the centuries , because of hate and cursing .