Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

ãæÖæÚ ãÛáÞ
    newly weds
    Guests

Is oral sex forbidden is Islam?

I recently got married and my wife is very strict on islamic laws which is good because that makes me stay focused in practising and obeying the commandment of Allah s.w.t. Can anyone out there can help me figure out if oral sex is haram or its allowed and if it is there any support about it in the hadith or Quran ?

Thanks for your concern and time . Jaza Kalla Khair

Re: Is oral sex forbidden is Islam?

There is a difference in scholarly opinion on this, some say its haram, others say it's makrooh (disliked) and warn of the dangers of getting certian fluids in the mouth, which are unclean once they leave the body (e.g. semen) - getting these in the mouth deliberately or through negligence would be haram!

there is no support for oral sex in the scriptures, i.e. nothing to say that it is halal or beneficial. However on worldly matters everything is considered halal until proven haram, which is why some scholars stop short of declaring it haram (provided no unclean fluids enter the mouth!).

I expect that others on the forum will post fatwas on this matter, probably both fatwas saying its haram and ones saying it's makhrooh. If not you can look up the subject on fatwa sites like Islamqa

Regarding things that are makrooh, this is not a green light for Muslims to go and do these things. You get rewards for avoiding doing them. Some things that are makrooh, like divorce, are only allowed as a last resort when all other attempts to resolve a situation have failed. So muslims should never think "It's just makrooh and not haram, so I can do it as I see fit" because it is not like that!!!

How can they make it haraam when there's not mention of it? I'm sure it's not a new thing and was around at the time of the prophet so if it was haraam why would he not have forbidden it like the other two haraam sexual acts?

Quote Originally Posted by x--x View Post
    How can they make it haraam when there's not mention of it? I'm sure it's not a new thing and was around at the time of the prophet so if it was haraam why would he not have forbidden it like the other two haraam sexual acts?
    If its not mentioned its haram or not does not make it halal. There are things that are clearly haram and clearly halal. everything else is in the middle. SO i think the scholars explanation is needed. Although isnt this a part of marriage? the spouses fulfilling their desire? if the necessary precautions are taken?

NeedFaith
    Guests

what are the other two which are forbidden. Im sorry to intrude

Abu_Maryum_()
    Guests

Asalamualaykum.

There is no daleel to say it is haram or makruh. (InshaAllah will post somthing in detail later)

7. 26-08-09, 03:57 PM

Reason
    not advice

Quote Originally Posted by Usmi View Post
    If its not mentioned its haram or not does not make it halal.
    Huh yes it does, otherwise it would have been mentioned as haraam there's no way it would have just been left out?

There are things that are clearly haram and clearly halal. everything else is in the middle.
    How can it be in the middle? It is either haraam or halal, how can something be neither? If it's not haraam then it's halal and if it's not halal then it's haraam. It has to be one or the other and it's not upto scholars to go making something haraam which has not been made haraam by Allah or the prophet

Quote Originally Posted by x--x View Post
    Huh yes it does, otherwise it would have been mentioned as haraam there's no way it would have just been left out?

How can it be in the middle? It is either haraam or halal, how can something be neither? If it's not haraam then it's halal and if it's not halal then it's haraam. It has to be one or the other and it's not upto scholars to go making something haraam which has not been made haraam by Allah or the prophet
    it comes in the "doubtful" area.

the Prophet (peace be on him): The halal is clear and the haram is clear. Between the two there are doubtful matters concerning which people do not know whether they are halal or haram. One who avoids them in order to safeguard his religion and his honor is safe, while if someone engages in a part of them he may be doing something haram, like one who grazes his animals near the hima (the grounds reserved for animals belonging to the King which are out of bounds for others' animals); it is thus quite likely that some of his animals will stray into it. Truly, every king has a hima, and the hima of Allah is what He has prohibited. (Reported by al-Bukhari' Muslim, and others; the narration is taken from al Tirmidhi.)

comnig to the topic. The scholars say its makruh and some say its haram.

umm_umm
    Guests

On the authority of Abu Muhammad al-Hasan bin Ali bin Abi Taib, the grandson of the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu ëalayhi wasallam, and who is dearest to him, radiyallahu ëanhuma, who said: ìI committed to memory from the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu ëalayhi wasallam, (the following words):

ìLeave that about which you are in doubt for that about which you are in no doubt.î

[Al-Tirmidhi and al-Nasaíi related it, and al-Tirmidhi said: It is a good and genuine Hadith]

Salaam,

If your in doubt then dont do it, surely you can survive without doing oral.

Salaam

Abu_Maryum_()
    Guests

Asalamualaykum warahmatulah,

Inregards to this topic, there is no Hadeeth which prohibits these actions. As there is no Daleel to support the claim of these actions being Haram or Makruh, then we return Back to the Asal(original foundation ruling) Which is everything is Halal for us to do in worldly affairs until proven Haram (The opposite stance applies for acts of worship). Therefore the origin is that it is Halal.

Now we must look for daleel to show it is Haram.
    Authentic Clear Cut hadeeth? - There is none.

Even for there to be doubt in a subject there must be a reason for the doubt to be there, there is no Doubt in this matter. We cannot apply our disliking of something to change a ruling upon an action. I.e just because one may not like a thing, it is not from us to make it Haram or Makruh.

The reason for the scholars to say it is Makruh, is because of the release of semen.(reasoning by Shayke Yusuf al Qardawi) The difference in regards to semen being pure or not plays apart in this. However if one takes it to be pure,(which seems to have the stronger daleel), that the act can no longer be Makruh. (and As long as the semen does not enter the mouth, if the opinion is taken that it is impure(even though this is not the stronger opinion on the substance) the action can not be makruh.

As Allah swt says in the Quran;
    And who guard their modesty, save from their wives or the slaves, that I heir right hands possess, for then they are not blameworthy, but Who so craveth beyond that, such are transgressors.” (Al-Mu'minun: 5-7)”

The Only acts which are Haram and not allowed to be practised is Anal and intercourse when the female is on her period. For all other prohibitions then Daleel is needed, and there is none.

However its good remember that, the only reason people ask about these things is because they live among the Kuffar and have seen things which they should not have seen. (As was a similar answer given when Shayke Bin Baaz was asked).

On this same note: It is not obligatory to practise this act and if one feels a dislike towards it, it’s not obligatory to do it etc. Both the husband and the wife should however be understanding towards each other.

And Allah swt knows best.

At the outset, before stating the rulings of Fuqahaa on oral sex, it is important to mention the emphasis Shari’ah has laid down on shame and modesty. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) has said in Hadith:

إن مما أدرك الناس من كلام النبوة ، إذا لم تستحى فافعل ما شئت

"Indeed, surely people will come to know the words of prophethood. If you do not have shame, then do as you wish." (Sahih Al-Bukhari, 4/183, Dar Al-Fikr)

الحياء من الإيمان والإيمان فى الجنة والبذاء من الجفاء والجفاء فى النار

"Modesty is from Iman, and Iman leads you to Paradise. Shamelessness is from futile things, and futile things lead you to the fire of Hell.” (Sunan Al-Tirmidhi, 2/21, HM Saeed)

In light of the abovementioned, Fuqahaa have ruled oral sex to be makruh tahreemi (an abominable act close to haraam) due to the shame and immodesty in the act and the strong possibility of najis (impure) fluids entering the mouth. Even if precaution is taken in this regard, it is a shameful act to use the mouth in such places, as it is the same mouth used to recite Quran and to make zikr of Allah Ta’ala. This ruling applies to the performance of oral sex by the wife to the husband and vice-versa.

It is unfortunate to see the steep decline of modesty and the increase of shame in our time compared to the pure era of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) and the Sahaba (RadiyAllahu Anhum). There was so much modesty in their time that Sayyidina A’isha (RadiyAllahu Anha) reported that she never saw the private parts of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) and he never saw hers. (Ibn Majah, Ahmed)

May Allah Ta’ala give us all the guidance to follow their example. Aameen.

Furthermore, it is incorrect to state that there is no prohibition of oral sex in classified texts of the Fuqahaa. Consider the following two texts:

في النوازل إذا أدخل الرجل ذكره في فم امرأته قد قيل يكره

(Al-Fatawa al-Hindiyya, 5/372, Rashidiyya)

إذا أدخل الرجل ذكره فم أمرأته فقد قيل: يكره؛ لأنه موضع قراءة القرآن، فلا يليق به إدخال الذكر فيه، وقد قيل بخلافه.

(Al-Muhit al-Burhani, 8/134, Idaratul Quran)

(Fatawa Rahimiyyah, 10/178, Darul Isha’at)

And Allah knows best

Wassalam u Alaikum

Ml. Asif Umar,
    Student Darul Iftaa

Checked and Approved by:

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
    Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In'aamiyyah

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...72b59a8b38729c

Ummahastray
    Guests

Slmz

I dont want to sound rude or cause offense and this is my own opinion.

Are muslims steeping to such low levels these days that they have to resort to such disgusting acts?

Why would any women want to place a p*nis in her mouth knowing what comes out of that appendage?

On the same token, no man should consider touching a woman's private parts with his mouth either.

As a woman, I find in rather disturbing when men ask these kinds of questions on forums or are even thinking about oral sex.

Isnt foreplay and various sexual positions enough to keep a man satisfied that he needs his wife to do further. Plus there are so many other things a person can do to make sex more exciting and still keep it modest and halal.

A man's private parts arent the most attractive things to look at, let alone putting them into one's mouth.

This act seems to becoming the norm and some poor wife out there will be asked to do something which she may not want to (not all husbands will take into account if the wife likes to this kinda stuff or not - they would EXPECT her to do it).

And also, if a wife doesnt want to do it, does that mean the husband will feel she is not keeping him sexually satisfied, if he already has it in mind that that is the only way to make his fully sexually satsifed. Does that mean he will then look for another wife or more drastic case, divorce her?

Sorry for the rant/and going slightly off topic but these points are related somewhat as society needs to look at the wider implications.

(no wonder "some brothers" (not majority) prefer reverts, as they would be more "adventurous" in bed).....sorry did you all think it was about white skin/light eyes or being able to mould them.....no it is also about the sex too).

Its time muslims stopped these vulgar acts. We are not animals.

ummabdullahy
    Guests

brother, wouldn't have been better if you sought to marry a sister that is not so religiously committed? that way, you can get to do any thing without shame or guilt. I weep for the sisters who have to go through avoidable fitnah in their marriages. This topic has been discussed several times and we always have brothers coming and saying its not haraam because some scholars say so. we can come here because of the anonymity of internet and discuss these things and hide behind "there is no shame in the religion" even in ramadhaan? Laa hawla walaa kuwwata illa billah.

Quote Originally Posted by Ummahastray View Post
    Slmz

Are muslims steeping to such low levels these days that they have to resort to such disgusting acts?

Why would any women want to place a p*nis in her mouth knowing what comes out of that appendage?

On the same token, no man should consider touching a woman's private parts with his mouth either.

As a woman, I find in rather disturbing when men ask these kinds of questions on forums or are even thinking about oral sex.

Isnt foreplay and various sexual positions enough to keep a man satisfied that he needs his wife to do further. Plus there are so many other things a person can do to make sex more exciting and still keep it modest and halal.

A man's private parts arent the most attractive things to look at, let alone putting them into one's mouth.

This act seems to becoming the norm and some poor wife out there will be asked to do something which she may not want to (not all husbands will take into account if the wife likes to this kinda stuff or not - they would EXPECT her to do it).

And also, if a wife doesnt want to do it, does that mean the husband will feel she is not keeping him sexually satisfied, if he already has it in mind that that is the only way to make his fully sexually satsifed. Does that mean he will then look for another wife or more drastic case, divorce her?

Sorry for the rant/and going slightly off topic but these points are related somewhat as society needs to look at the wider implications.

(no wonder "some brothers" (not majority) prefer reverts, as they would be more "adventurous" in bed).....sorry did you all think it was about white skin/light eyes or being able to mould them.....no it is also about the sex too).

nicely said....

well there could be people out there that "enjoy" it... maybe no majority but minority... but ur right too.

ummah astray i think you should fear Allah & watch your tongue before having the bad manners to presume and make comments about what revert sisters do or don't do in bed, and really how would you know anyway?? very strange, rude & unnecessary comment to make
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.

“People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Just Another Abid

http://www.daruliftaa.com/question.a...nID=q-17060650

The Issue of Oral Sex

I would like to ask a question which people have either shied away or have been afraid to discuss. I tried to look in some Islamic books but there is no clear guidance that I could find.

There are many married couples who are not sure about this but have not had the courage to ask including myself up until now. I would like to know what the Islamic shariah ruling is on the subject of sex between husband and wife. Is it permissible for the husband and wife to take or touch each others private parts in each others mouth?

I do hope that you will help with this.

Question # q-17060650
    Date Posted: 08/03/2004

In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,

Firstly, it should be understood that Islam is a religion of modesty and shame. It encourages its followers to be modest and not have the instincts of animals. Modesty is one of the things which distinguish a human being from an animal.

However, this should not prevent one from learning about matters relating to sexual behaviour. Then Sahaba (Allah be pleased with them) were never shy and ashamed in learning the truth. There are many incidents where the companions came to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) and inquired about matters relating to sex. Even the Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace), despite being very modest and bashful by nature, did not feel ashamed to discuss matters regarding the do’s and don’ts of sexual relations.

To proceed with the answer to your question:

The issue of oral sex is frequently asked. Many people shy away from it, whilst others regard discussing it offensive. However, those people who live in the “real” world will know the importance of mentioning this topic. Therefore, it is important to mention the Islamic perspective on oral sex in detail.

There are certain acts which have been clearly prohibited in Shariah, that are:

1) Anal sex

Anal sex is strictly prohibited in Islam. There are many narrations of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) which emphasize this.

In a Hadith recorded by Imam an-Nasa’i and others, the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said:

“Allah will not look (with mercy) at the one that has anal sex with his wife” (meaning on the day of Qiyamah). (Sunan Nasa’i)

2) Sex during menstruation (Haidh)

The Qur’an has clearly and explicitly prohibited sexual intercourse during menstruation. Allah Most High says:

“They ask you (O Prophet) regarding menstruation. Say: It his hurtful and impure. So abstain from women (sexually) in menstruation.” (Sura al-Baqarah, V.222)

The above two things are clearly prohibited by the Qur’an and Sunnah. When books of Fiqh talk about what is lawful and what is not, they typically mention that a husband and wife may give pleasure to one another in any way they wish other than the above mentioned things.

Although not specific to sex, we can add the following:

1) Swallowing filth (sexual fluids of the wife or husband)

2) Needlessly getting filthy

These things are obvious as sexual fluids and filth is impure.

There are also certain acts which are disliked, but permissible, for example: Total nudity, excessive sexual intercourse, etc…

Oral sex

As far as oral sex is concerned, there are two aspects to the issue. One being the moral aspect and the other the actual ruling regarding it in Islamic Law (meaning, to state whether it is Haram, Makruh or permissible).

With regards to the first aspect, there is no doubt that the act of oral sex (in its full meaning) is a totally shameful act. The mouth which is used to recite the Dhikr of Allah, send Salutations on the blessed Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace), recite the holy Qur’an and other things, can not be used for filthy and dirty things such as oral sex, especially if it includes the filth entering the mouth.

This is more or less what the scholars of the Indo/Pak mention in there Fatawa books and (according to this humble servant), this is the aspect (moral) they are referring to.

As far as the second aspect is concerned, which is the Shariah ruling on oral sex; this actually depends on what you really mean by oral sex. The term “oral sex” covers a wide range of activities, from just kissing the private parts to the actual swallowing of filth.

If “oral sex” means to insert the penis in the wife’s mouth to the extent that she takes in the filth, whether this filth is semen (Mani) or pre-ejaculatory fluid (Madhi), or the man takes the filth of the woman in his mouth, then this is not permissible. Taking the filth with all its forms in the mouth is unlawful. The fluids which come out are impure, thus make it impermissible to take it orally.

However, if the same act is practiced by using a condom (to prevent the sexual fluids entering the mouth) or the wife merely kisses her husband’s penis and the husband kisses her genitals and they avoid any areas where there is pre-ejaculatory fluid, then this should be (according to this humble servant and Allah knows best) permissible, although disliked.

It is mentioned in the famous Hanafi Fiqh reference book, and one regarded as a fundamental source in the school, al-Fatawa al-Hindiyya:

“If a man inserts his penis in his wife’s mouth, it is said that it is disliked (makruh), and others said that it is not disliked.” (al-Fatawa al-Hindiyya, 5/372)

This clear text from one of the major Hanafi books indicates that the scholars differed on the issue of inserting the penis into the wife’s mouth. According to some it was disliked whilst others totally permitted it. But it should be remembered that this is in the case when no sexual fluids enter the spouse’s mouth as mentioned in detail earlier. Due to the act being considered against the proper conduct of a Muslim, most scholars have held this practice to be disliked (even in the situation where one does not orally take the filth).

This is what I have on this particular subject. I thought that there was a genuine need to shed some light on it from an Islamic perspective. I hope I have been able to clear the queries people have had on this topic.

And Allah Knows Best

Muhammad ibn Adam
    Darul Iftaa
    Leicester , UK

we get these questions, almost once a week
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

***Mieowww***

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMubarak View Post
    we get these questions, almost once a week
    Really? What is wrong with some Muslims asking such questions (assuming they are) during this month? Tsk tsk tsk.

Allergic to Stupidity lonely_me's Avatar

This part was so uncalled for. Generalization is the language of stupid people, you know. If you're mad about these 'vulgar acts' then fine, be. You just have no right to accuse reverts of the above claimed. Those 'vulgar acts' are as disgusting as your comment, and maybe the latter even surpasses. Think before you write.
    Life goes on ...

Slmz

Just because you dont like them it doesnt mean others shouldnt too...

If wat anyone is trying to do is not haraam, then there is nothing you or I could do to stop it... But if its haraam, its haraam... in this case, its not proven...

sounds like alot of people just post what their emotions tell them and how they feel about something rather than what the text says. Our deen is complete, the principles of the deen are clear and there are no texts to prohibit it or call it disliked so if you want to take the moral high ground dont look down on others condemning something that was not condemed by Allah our beloved Prophet peace and blessings be upon him or his companions may Allah be pleased with them.

ummahastray
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by .: Anna :. View Post
    ummah astray i think you should fear Allah & watch your tongue before having the bad manners to presume and make comments about what revert sisters do or don't do in bed, and really how would you know anyway?? very strange, rude & unnecessary comment to make
    Anna

I was actually referring to the reverts prior to them becoming muslim and I am not in anyway trying to be rude or offensive to them as muslims.

Its a well known fact that non-muslims find oral sex normal and permissible (regardless of whether they it enjoy it or not is a different matter).

The point I was trying to make that muslim brothers KNOW that it is likely that reverts are more open to different sexual activities that born-muslims females may dislike or not engage in.

There is enough exposure to this information out there....we arent all wrapped in cotton from a young age unfortunately and get to hear things which we might not necessarily need to know.

But sorry if I have caused offence to any sisters out there. Its not an attack on you. Honest.

**Also Anna sis, yes I do fear Allah (swt) and I know what my heart was stating when I wrote this. Its YOUR interpretation which is wrong and sorry if I dont explain my opinions very well..**

Slmz

And you are anonymous
    OP did not ask you for your personal opinion so please keep it to yourself... and it is pretty pathetic to attach reverts/converts in such a manner
    Please pray for my health. Jazak Allah

I found the enemy and it is me.

26. 28-08-09, 01:34 AM

Reason
    not advice

On Break

I just wanted to comment on this thread. Oh, gosh, I don't even know where to start, but I will just say that some married couples enjoy oral sex. It can be something special that a woman may want to offer her husband on occasion, possibly when she is menstruating. Also, I have read that some women cannot achieve climax without clitoral stimulation, and is it not the duty of a husband to satisfy his wife? There are condoms, male condoms and condoms called dental dams that can be used to ensure that nothing less than pure enters a person's mouth. Regarding being animals, men's genitalia not being attractive to women, and reverts being adventurous in bed, I really don't know what to say. I guess it's a matter of opinion.

I have taken this below from Islam Today, for those who read from that site:

Question: I read on your website that oral sex is permissible. How can this be the case when it can lead to injesting impurities? A man's and woman's genitals are impure. Common sense should tell us that this act is inherently shameful and unlawful. Just because something is not mentioned does not mean that you go out and do it.

Answered by Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî, former professor at al-Imâm University in Riyadh

Oral sex is lawful for both the husband and wife. It can be understood from the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) saying: “Approach from the front or the back, but avoid anal sex and sex during menstruation.”

This is clear evidence that the prohibited sexual acts are anal intercourse and intercourse with a woman during menstruation and post natal-bleeding. Everything else between a husband and a wife is permissible.

The possibility of the existence of impurity does not stand as a sufficient evidence for forbidding it. If a person thinks the intake of impurity is imminent, he must take action to avoid it.

The female genitals are not impure as long as they are free from ordinary impurities.

A feeling of guilt cannot stand as evidence for the unlawfulness of something. The evidence can only be derived from what is in Allah’s Book or the Prophet’s Sunnah (peace be upon him). There is no evidence whatsoever from these two sources forbidding this practice. Therefore, as things are basically lawful unless evidence to the contrary exists, then this practice is lawful.

Some people may dislike a practice for their own personal reasons, but we cannot say that it is an unlawful practice in Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by ummahastray View Post
    Anna

I was actually referring to the reverts prior to them becoming muslim and I am not in anyway trying to be rude or offensive to them as muslims.

Its a well known fact that non-muslims find oral sex normal and permissible (regardless of whether they it enjoy it or not is a different matter).

The point I was trying to make that muslim brothers KNOW that it is likely that reverts are more open to different sexual activities that born-muslims females may dislike or not engage in.

There is enough exposure to this information out there....we arent all wrapped in cotton from a young age unfortunately and get to hear things which we might not necessarily need to know.

But sorry if I have caused offence to any sisters out there. Its not an attack on you. Honest.

**Also Anna sis, yes I do fear Allah (swt) and I know what my heart was stating when I wrote this. Its YOUR interpretation which is wrong and sorry if I dont explain my opinions very well..**
    its not about whether people are offended or not but i don't get how it was necessary to make such comments, and if you are refering to people before accepting islam and not afterwards then how is it even relevant??
    next time just think before you type insha Allah
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.

“People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Slmz

sister, you need to apologise to all the revert sisters you have just deeply offended,

re the oral sex thing, there are two things forbidden, anal sex and intercourse while a woman is bleeding, after childbirth or monthly period.
    obviously if a wife/husband isnt happy to do something then it shouldnt be expected.

again, i am shocked at how you have disrespected all you sisters who are reverts and their husbands reasons for marrying them, i hate the "we are born muslims therefore better than you reverts " attitude, we are one ummah

so ask forgiveness sister.

bring back PAGAL LADOOOO

I'd like to point out once again, and inshaAllah nobody will delete this post, there there is ZERO hayaa on here. Come on now folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sister_2009 View Post

A feeling of guilt cannot stand as evidence for the unlawfulness of something. The evidence can only be derived from what is in Allah’s Book or the Prophet’s Sunnah (peace be upon him). There is no evidence whatsoever from these two sources forbidding this practice. Therefore, as things are basically lawful unless evidence to the contrary exists, then this practice is lawful.

Some people may dislike a practice for their own personal reasons, but we cannot say that it is an unlawful practice in Islam.
    jazak Allah khairun! InshaAllah we should think before we speak above Allah and His Messenger in relation to what is good and bad for a muslim.

Just Another Abid

I wish I had not posted in this thread, it should be closed!

there is no shame in speaking the truth about the deen, didnt Aisha ra answer the questions of the sahabas about all aspects of her and the Prophet saws life together, or we wouldnt know the valuble hadiths that she shared allahumdulilah.

bring back PAGAL LADOOOO

aiesha_kiwi
    Guests

"Quote: Its a well known fact that non-muslims find oral sex normal and permissible (regardless of whether they it enjoy it or not is a different matter:. unquote.

I am sorry but I appalled at the ignornace of this comment. First it is not a well known fact and second being one of these reverts sisters to islam i find it very offence that you even said this. There is nothing in the Quran about oral sex being bad. And not all non-muslim s find this permissible,in fact in Christianity it is consider a sin. And the person who commented on here about how this is why muslim men prefer reverts because they think that we are more willing to do acts that the muslim born woman don't is also rubbish. Maybe the realreson is because we aren't so uptight.

some will say if you talk about these matters you have no haya and have a corrupt mind yet i think your mind is corrupt if you cannot seperate your emotions from evidence.

Our Prophet SAW talked about foreplay, sexual relations, wet dreams etc
    Allah swt described what is prohibitted and permissible in the Quran. Aisha RA described how a man and wife can make ghusl together.

So before letting your mind consider everything sexual to be from the porn culture you should remember there is not a single matter in our lives except that Islam has the answer which is pure and good.

Abu_Maryum_()
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by ummbilal View Post
    there is no shame in speaking the truth about the deen, didnt Aisha ra answer the questions of the sahabas about all aspects of her and the Prophet saws life together, or we wouldnt know the valuble hadiths that she shared allahumdulilah.
    Asalamualaykum.

I’m sorry but those who are answering the question as being an issue and bringing no solid proof, should go study the Deen. You lot make Halal and Haram what pleases your own desires and if it's not to your liking it is Haram or Makru? Shame on you. Regardless of the issue, You are not ones to make HALAL - Haram and HARAM- Halal.
    As for those who have not even studied Fiqh, Why are you answering this question?
    Do you place yourself Next to Allah in his religion to do so? Fear Allah!! and Know you are nothing but a slave who is commanded to follow the Book and the Sunnah!!! And DO not bring your opinion and your own view into matters of Halal or Haram.
    If you don’t like it DONT do it, but please don't do what the Christians and the Jews Did and add your own opinions to this PERFECT and COMPLETE religion.
    As for the statement about convert’s etc- This shows how Jahil the person really is.
    (this is general advice to everyone on any subject of the religion, we all think were students of knowledge for some funny reason, rushing to give a verdict, when truth be told we are the most JAHIL of people)
    Last edited by dhak1yya; 28-08-09 at 12:17 PM. Reason: removing an unnecessary statement

Abu Maryam, I assume the above is directed at the forum in general and not umm bilal's post? (sometimes it is not clear if a user is supporting or disagreeing with a quoted post) If you are supporting her post, then that is fine, if you are directing what you said at her I think you misunderstood her.

------

As a general reminder to everyone: this appears to be a very emotive issue but even so, please be careful how you speak to or about your brothers and sisters. If people don't ask questions they can't learn the answers. And please do not make assumptions about your brothers and sisters, you cannot see in their heart and you don't know for what reason people ask such questions. Please also remember that you are not scholars so not qualified to give fatwas. There are a few excellent posts on the thread that clearly explain the different scholarly opinions with evidence and reasoning based on fiqh principles applied to the evidence, please read these carefully. If you are still in doubt, consult a fatwa site such as Islamqa.

If the arguing based on personal opinions rather than evidence from the Qur'an and Sunnah continues the thread will have to be closed.

Wheather its halal or haram, there should be something about it in the hadith. If there is not then maybe it wasnt practiced at that time of prophet
    And if it wasnt practiced at that time then that means that some non muslims invented this practice...and following non muslims is wrong.
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

ummahastray
    Guests

I didnt say born muslims are better than reverts. Where in my post did I say that.

I also mentioned in my post that it wasnt an attack on reverts and that I already apologised if it came across that way. I apologise once again for any offence which wasnt intended in the first place.

The comment about reverts was a general comment because I was a born muslim brought up in a non-muslim environment. I also have a few revert friends too. Sex isnt the only reason why a man chooses a revert, it is only ONE of the reasons out of many many others but the reason of sex is never talked about and I felt it was something that I wanted to bring up. I was just commenting on that specific reason that no one ever dares to mention. So to the person who referred to me as jahil......just because someone expresses an opinion as best they can, doesnt make them jahil.

Just because I dont like something doesnt mean I am not willing to talk about it. I dont bury my head in the sand and pretend/in denial about things that happen in my society/world.

I dont know the origins of oral sex so I guess I can take back my comments about non-muslims thinking it being permissable etc. I guess oral sex is prevalent in all communities; all religions. I guess I just find it difficult to accept that muslims should engage such acts when clearly looking at the hadiths posted earlier on, that the Prophet (saw) and Aisha (ra) never saw each others private parts. Howver since the Scholars have stated that there is a difference in an opinion, ppl can make up their own minds. I for one in my post never used the words halal or haraam.

I think I have said enough on this subject.

The Original Green One Grotbags's Avatar

Can people get back to the topic and not argue any further. Any posts like this will not be approved from here on.

Grotbags

Quote Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
    some will say if you talk about these matters you have no haya and have a corrupt mind yet i think your mind is corrupt if you cannot seperate your emotions from evidence.

Our Prophet SAW talked about foreplay, sexual relations, wet dreams etc
    Allah swt described what is prohibitted and permissible in the Quran. Aisha RA described how a man and wife can make ghusl together.

So before letting your mind consider everything sexual to be from the porn culture you should remember there is not a single matter in our lives except that Islam has the answer which is pure and good.
    There is a big difference between laymen asking people of knowledge about fiqhi matters, and a bunch of lay people just talking about sexual activities without knowledge and no hayaa. I am kind of disappointed that you don't see that. Who here is a faqeeh or a mufti? If you want to contribute then just post the relevant fataawa and keep silent.

I guarantee that if some of you sisters and brothers knew each other in the real world non of you would have the guts to write as you did in this thread. At least I hope not.