Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Performing Umrah on Transit Visa

Assalam-o-Alaikum

I am living in Vienna , Austria and I want to perform Umrah while I am going back to Pakistan for holidays.
    I am informed that Saudi Embassy does not issue Umrah visa and I have to buy the whole package (including hotel, transfer, visa )from authorized agent. Here we have only one agent which has some bad reputation for mis commitments. So my question is

1) Is there any possibility to get only Umrah visa , without buying the whole package, and what are the starting dates of umrah visa issuance in this year?

2) Is there any possibility to get Umrah visa from an authorized agent based on other country rather than country of stay?

3) One possibility is that I can get Transit Visa from Saudi Embassy, Is this possible to perform Umrah while one has transit visa?

4) Some friends told me that one can easily go to makkah while having transit visa for Jeddah airport , but I donot want to break any rules and regulations, Can I easily travel from jeddah to makkah and then madina while i am on transit visa?

Best Regards,

Ali

Account Disabled

Re: Performing Umrah on Transit Visa

I know that people do often travel to Pakistan from the UK via Umrah so it must be possible but do contact your local Saudi Embassy

I contacted local Saudi embassy , but they told me they do not issue Umrah visa , I have to get Umrah visa from agent, only possibility is that Saudi Embassy can give me transit visa. So my question is that if I get transit visa from Saudi Embassy for Jeddah airport can I go freely to Makkah and then Madinah. Since I have to surrender my passport to immigration authority at Jeddah, will it be a problem to travel between Jeddah to Makkah and then to Madina. Since I donot want to break any law or regulations of Saudia Arabia.
    Is there anyone who has such personal experience?

Regards,
    Ali

InshaAllah I will answer your question soon

Brother you have just two choice available.

1. Wait until the umra system is open. It can open in the next ten days InshaAllah.

Get the package from the licensed agent in your country. Again, you have no choice if he is the only one licensed agent in your country no matter what his reputation.

You may be able to obtain a package or even just a visa only from neighbouring country based licensed agent if they are agreeable. This is not allowed from UK.

2. Entering Saudi Arabia on a transit visa to perform umra is legal and you will not be breaching any laws. However, the period allowed is 72 hours within which to go and come back to Jedda. You will not be able nor permitted to travel to Madina.

Thanks alot brother Ismail for your cooperation and such an informative messages.

I have heard there are some agents/companies on Jeddah airport which plan an umrah trip for the passengers on tranist. Is there any such opportunity to get permission for umrah (including travelling to Madina) from authorities at Jeddah airport while on transit visa of 72 hours? Because I was informed that usually immigration department takes the passport and issue a card instead of passport for transit passengers.

If I go by transit visa , Can I book hotel and transport online? Should I reserve this before flight or I should go there and then look for options there?

Once again thank you very much for your guidance.

Best Regards,

Ali

Quote Originally Posted by intizarali View Post
    Thanks alot brother Ismail for your cooperation and such an informative messages.

I have heard there are some agents/companies on Jeddah airport which plan an umrah trip for the passengers on tranist. Is there any such opportunity to get permission for umrah (including travelling to Madina) from authorities at Jeddah airport while on transit visa of 72 hours? Because I was informed that usually immigration department takes the passport and issue a card instead of passport for transit passengers.

If I go by transit visa , Can I book hotel and transport online? Should I reserve this before flight or I should go there and then look for options there?

Once again thank you very much for your guidance.

Best Regards,

Ali
    Transit passengers are not required to have pre-booked packages or transportation.

If you obtain the transit visa from your local embassy than it may be worthwhile to book your hotel on-line. However, unless you arrive on Wednesday night or Thursday or Friday, you should not have difficulty in getting a room in the hotels located in Misfilla area or along Ajyad as Sud street.

Transport is no problem at all as long as you don't accept the offers for taxi as you leave the arrival lounge into the terminal area.

Just go right outside the terminal to the waiting rows of "Jedda Taxi"s. These are all white cars ranging from Toyotas to American sedans.

There is fixed rate for these cars and usually it is around Saudi Riyals 140 to 160 per car (not per person). If you are travelling on your own then you can choose to share the car with another person or tell the driver that you will take the whole car for yourself.

The immigration authority will NOT keep your passport if you land there with a transit visa already stamped in your passport. They may do so if they issue you the visa.

Your passport will be kept by the taxi driver until he drops you in Makkah. The hotelier will keep it for 24 hours and return it back to you.

Thank you very much brother Ismail for your guidance, you are really providing a great help to ummah on this ummah.net forum. Jazak Allah

I have reserved my flights with a stop over of 3 days (66 hours) in Jeddah. While searching on internet I get some information that "Transit passengers who stay in the King Abdulaziz International Airport, Jeddah Islamic Port or Prince Mohammed bin Abdulaziz Airport in Medina for over 24 hours can perform Ummra or visit a Holy Mosque, provided they withhold a signed agreement with one of the appointed Ummra agencies."

Can you please guide me about this signed agreement? Should I have to go again to the same only agent in my country and again bargain with him on this issue?

Does Saudi embassy mention the name of cities on transit visa? If yes, So that I could request saudi embassy to add the names of more cities like Makkah and Madinah as well with Jeddah.

Does any body have recent experience to visit Saudi Arabia Transit Visa?

This is where the difference is between those who obtain a transit visa before arriving in Jeddah and those who arrive in Jedda on a stopover basis and for reasons beyond their control are compelled to stopover for longer than 24 hours.

If you get your visa from Vienna then you need no assistance from these Jedda based agents especially if you have pre-booked your hotel already. I can give you contact numbers of good umra agents in Jeddah/Makkah who can fix your room for you if you wish.

If you arrive without a visa then the immigration authority will make you book with the airport based agents. Two years ago they used to charge US$100 just for a night in Makkah.

Your transit visa will not allow you endorsement to go to Madina simply because of lack of time. So forget Madina for a later visit when you perform umrah or haj InshaAllah.

Once again thank you very much for guidance. I have transit visa from local Saudi embassy for 3 days. So I will arrive Jeddah with Visa already stamped on my passport. It would be so kind of you if you give me contact numbers of some good umrah agents in Jeddah/Makkah to reserve hotel and transfer. if possible give me some web addresses of such website where I can reserve hotel/transfer myself.

Thanks in anticipation.

Once again thank you very much for guidance. I have transit visa from local Saudi embassy for 3 days. So I will arrive Jeddah with Visa already stamped on my passport. It would be so kind of you if you give me contact numbers of some good umrah agents in Jeddah/Makkah to reserve hotel and transfer. if possible give me some web addresses of such website where I can reserve hotel/transfer myself.

Thanks in anticipation.
    Umrah contractors, many of them, that I know will not deal with individuals. They just don't have the resources for that.

However, there are agents over there and I will give you phone numbers of two of them.

The first one is a large agency and it is best you speak with their CEO and refer to me. His name is Mohammad Hulle Mama. Tala International, Makkah.
    00966 5055 75987

The second one is a freelance whose main occupation is teaching Qur'an in the Haram in Makkah. He is a Pakistani expatriate and the name is
    Abdullah.. 00966 566660492 or 507522334.

They will, InshaAllah, help secure your room for you. Abdullah might even organise a pick up for you from Jedda but I would advise that you organise that yourself because it is cheaper.

Don't agree to go with those who hover around you inside the terminal as you exit the arrival lounge into the foyer. No matter what, don't go with them.

Just go right outside the terminal to the waiting rows of "Jedda Taxi" white colour and negotiate the small car at around SR140 ish with the car all to yourself unless you want to share with another brother you may strike aquaintance with on board the flight.

Salam Brother,

i wondered if you could help. I am travelling to kuwait in the next few days and on my return back to the UK i was hoping to stop over in jeddah on a transit visa to do umrah. I was initially advised by the UK based saudi embassy that this was possible but they required me to book my tickets before they would issue the visa. Unfortunately, having spent money on tickets, the saudi embassy in london has now stated that they do not issue transit visas. I am now stuck with 3 days in jeddah before my onward journey back to the UK. I havent got a transit visa and it is now too late for me to apply for an umrah visa. Does anyone know whether i can obtain the transit visa in jeddah airport directly when i land? and if so can i do umrah on this basis? if not does anyone know what other options i have?

Thanks in anticipation.
    Dear Intizar ali, Salam,

I want to ask you about the procedure of having a transit visa from the SA embassy in vienna. I am going to Pakistan and on my way I want to perform UMRA with my family. But that Travel agent is asking me alot of euros.
    I am thinking about having a trasit visa for 48 h and only perform umra if possible.

Tahseen Razzaq

Quote Originally Posted by Elimam View Post
    Salam Brother,

i wondered if you could help. I am travelling to kuwait in the next few days and on my return back to the UK i was hoping to stop over in jeddah on a transit visa to do umrah. I was initially advised by the UK based saudi embassy that this was possible but they required me to book my tickets before they would issue the visa. Unfortunately, having spent money on tickets, the saudi embassy in london has now stated that they do not issue transit visas. I am now stuck with 3 days in jeddah before my onward journey back to the UK. I havent got a transit visa and it is now too late for me to apply for an umrah visa. Does anyone know whether i can obtain the transit visa in jeddah airport directly when i land? and if so can i do umrah on this basis? if not does anyone know what other options i have?
    InshaAllah, if you speak to the supervisor in the immigration section you will have the transit visa. You may be asked to deposit around US$100 each to a nominated umra agent based at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
    InshaAllah, if you speak to the supervisor in the immigration section you will have the transit visa. You may be asked to deposit around US$100 each to a nominated umra agent based at the airport.
    Dear Ismail Simjee /and others,
    Assalamu aalaikum

all ur posts really helpful for ummah. i am new here and got this nice forum after searching net for my need. I am currently in Netherlands from Bangladesh for my MSc degree. After the end of my diploma this month I planned to perform umra during my departure and already my ticket is confirmed. My plan is to reach jeddah on 29th , issue a transit visa from there, perform umra and move to madina the same day. after performing ziarah of SWS and Juma prayer next day i will fly to my country from Madina. I contacted local Saudi Embassy here to get either transit or Umra visa but they replied they dont issue this type of visa from here.

Is my plan issueing transit visa from airport and perform whole procedure like aforementioned OK ? I am little bit worried if any problem will occur in the airport. pls assured me showing the way to manage my plan. this is very urgent for me..

jajakallah..

Asalamalleikkum Brother,

I am an Indian Passport holder and residing in UK since last 4 years. I am going on a holiday to my home country India and will be flying with the Saudi Airlines.

On my return journey back to London,U.K, I have a transit in Jeddah for 11 hours, during which, I was hoping to go to Makkah Al Mukarramah and perform an Umrah,Insha Allah.

This is a very rare and a very good opportunity for me to visit the Holy city and fulfil my religious desire of performing an Umrah and getting to see the Grand Holy Ka'abah in person. On enquiry,I came to know that the Umrah visas have not yet been opened and there is no information about Transit visa at Saudi Embassy website.

I called up the embassy and they told me that they don't have Transit Visa and was advised to apply using the business visa application form and submit along my passport and confirmed ticket. There is no guarantee for the visa but the head of the Embassy will decide the outcome. When I went to Saudi Embassy London, the officer sitting at the counter is not ready to accept the application as Business Visa needs sponsor letter from organisation in Saudi which I don't have. I did try to explain him that I spoke to the support and they advised the same but all my efforts to convince him went in vain. He is not willing to talk/discuss anything further. He just said, no Umrah visa open yet, no transit visa and for business visa needs sponsor letter.

I am really disappointed by the way officers are handling. They don't behave in friendly manner and tend to forget that this is related to a holy visit.

I would like to know, what options do I have now. I already bought the ticket and there is a transit of 11+ hours in Jeddah. I dont have a problem of waiting at the lounge at the airport but I really want to visit Makkah as I have never been to.

It would be great if any of brother have any experience with Transit visa. Can I apply for any other kind of visa. Can I get a transit visa at Jeddah airport and go to Makkah.
    Any insight/info on this will be appreciated.

Many Thanks
    jazakallah

I called up the embassy and they told me that they don't have Transit Visa and was advised to apply using the business visa application form and submit along my passport and confirmed ticket. There is no guarantee for the visa but the head of the Embassy will decide the outcome. When I went to Saudi Embassy London, the officer sitting at the counter is not ready to accept the application as Business Visa needs sponsor letter from organisation in Saudi which I don't have. I did try to explain him that I spoke to the support and they advised the same but all my efforts to convince him went in vain. He is not willing to talk/discuss anything further. He just said, no Umrah visa open yet, no transit visa and for business visa needs sponsor letter.

I am really disappointed by the way officers are handling. They don't behave in friendly manner and tend to forget that this is related to a holy visit.

Only very very few of you encounter, as you state above, what we, agents, encounter all the time. In short, this is the story of the life of a travel agent.

As agents, we often suffer loss or misplaced passports which we relay to our mutamirs/hujjajs. Some believe us and some dont. Those who dont believe contacts the embassy by phone and are told "The embassy never loses/misplaces passports, they have been returned to your agent". When mutamirs receive this reply they go ballistic on the agent because, in their view, the embassy has no reason to tell lies. Such is life for us.

Issuing transit visas has become a game of luck. These are not issued anymore in the western countries as an "un-official" policy. However, much depends on the mood of a consul and a consul is NEVER EVER on the front office desk.

The frontline officers never have the schooling for etiquettes or manners as such behaviour is non-existant.

You have been told a pack of fancy ideas when told to complete a business visa form to obtain a transit visa. That is never a possibility and the front desk officer is absolutely correct in telling you so.

To both writers here, khajasharif and kkbdihehi08, forget the transit visa especially khajasharif as you only have an 11 hour interchange. A transit visa is issued, at the whim of the supervising immigration officer, if your stop-over is 72 hours or more.

Salam Brothers and Sisters,

I had a question. I was heading from the united states to bangladesh and I have a 16hr transit in Jeddah. I applied and already got my transit visa. Now im planning to perform Umrah on the way to bangladesh with my transit visa. The question I had was, will I be able to get off the plane wearing the ihram, since I have have a transit visa and not an umrah visa. Would the immigration be a problem if i am wearing the ihram? or do I have to get out and then go out side Makkah to Mikaat to put on the Ihram ?

Thank you very much.

They don't care what you wear. It is what visa you have that they are interested in. Did you get your transit visa from USA?

Thank you very much.

yes, I already got my transit visa from USA.

I am amazed but not surprised. Transit visa has now become a game of whims for the consular staff in the western countries as the policy (if there be such a thing) is not to issue one.

But then, in UK, we, haj and umra agents, are extremely fortunate to be granted a SIX months multiple entry business visa as often than not it is either for three months, one month or not issued at all. Whereas, in USA, haj and umra agents are issued 5 years multiple entry business visa.

Brother. I am in USA as well and intending to apply for transit visa so i can do umrah while going to India. Can you please provide me the process to apply the visa and the ticket(Is it the same as http://www.saudiembassy.net/services/transit_visa.aspx). I will be applying for my whole family (5 passports) hence do not want to risk buyiung tickets first and then applying for transit visa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahafiz View Post
    Thank you very much.

yes, I already got my transit visa from USA.

azaan khan
    Guests

Online Quran Teachings..

Assalam O Alaikum,

"The Prophet (PBUH) Said, The best among you (Muslims) are those who learn The Quran and teach it."

Qari-Ul-Quran is the best online Quran Teachings Platform for people living at distances facing problems to get a reliable source for their Islamic Education. We provide services for Basic Quran learning with Tajweed, Memorization of Quran, Hadith Course and Memorization of Salah and Islamic Dua’s according to Quran and Sunnah of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH). We have experienced, committed, motivated and professional online tutors available for students of all ages.

Regards,

Regards,

Qari-Ul-Quran

http://qariulquran.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Qari-U...63371597038844

Salam.
    Tell me, please, changed anything?
    Is it possible to still perform the umrah on transit visa?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by abdullaev1979 View Post
    Salam.
    Tell me, please, changed anything?
    Is it possible to still perform the umrah on transit visa?

Thanks.
    Nothing had changed in regard to transit visa.

Nothing had changed in regard to transit visa.
    Thanks.

Salam everyone!

I am new to this forum. I found this forum very much informative and, that is why, I thought I should also seek help from its members.
    As a matter of fact, I am on a business visa in Qatar and I want to perform Umrah as soon as next week. Does anyone have any help to extend in this regard?

Thank you

You wont get the umra visa from Qatar and neither will you qualify to get a transit visa as a transit, by definition, is when you are passing through Saudi Arabia itself.

Hello!
    I have a question. According to the laws of Saudi Arabia, non-Muslims visiting Mecca and Medina is forbidden.
    The problem is that in my documents i have the not-Islamic name and surname (I'm not Muslim by birth).

How there is a control on entrance to Mecca and Medina??
    Last edited by abdullaev1979; 04-08-11 at 06:44 PM.

As long as you have the umra or haj visa your name is irrelevant and you will have access to the two noble cities.

Guys, do remember
    1h 15mins JEDDAH >> MAKKAH
    1 hr Journey to and from Ayesha Masjid and prayers/shower
    6 Hrs UMRAH
    1h 15mins MAKKAH >> JEDDAH

As long as you have the umra or haj visa your name is irrelevant and you will have access to the two noble cities.
    But if i have the transit visa?

Well, if you do have a transit visa you can use it to perform your umra only as the duration is 72 hours from the time your passport is stamped to the time you produce it again for departure.

The immigration are not concerned where and how you will use the allowed transit time and the check points will most likely wave you through InshaAllah.

Assalamalaikum

Iam currently in Uk with my family and we are planning to go india in January and I want to go to umrah while going to india can you please tell me how can I apply for umrah visa for my family

You cant. The umra seasonfor this year is over.

The next season will commence first week of February 2012.

If you are not a citizen of UK or legitimately domiciled here you will not qualify for the umra or hajvisa from UK.

Assalamalailum... Thank you for the reply

I can't even take transit visa if I travel immediate after ramadan..??

Or is there any way that I can do umrah plz suggest me ... Thank u

Two other alternatives are there but I doubt whether you would qualify.

If you are in business and know someone in the same type of business in Saudia then they can sponsor you for a business trip. You apply for a business visa here in UK or wherever you are domiciled after receiving the MOFA from Saudia. Remember, the business must be the same...a clothing business for a clothing; an airline agent for an airline agent etc.

Or, you can get a visitor MOFA sponsored by your blood relations living in Saudia or your close friends.

Well, if you do have a transit visa you can use it to perform your umra only as the duration is 72 hours from the time your passport is stamped to the time you produce it again for departure.

The immigration are not concerned where and how you will use the allowed transit time and the check points will most likely wave you through InshaAllah.
    The question was different: How there is a control on entrance to Mecca and Medina??

Quote Originally Posted by abdullaev1979 View Post
    The question was different: How there is a control on entrance to Mecca and Medina??
    Arbitary. From jedda and from Makkah to Madina there are around three check points and the stoppage is purely random and arbitary. From Jeddah to Makkah there is one permanent check point in an area called Shumaishi and, again, the stoppage will be purely random and arbitary.

Brother Ismail, Assalam o Alaikum.

I have to just confirm couple of things with you, Alhamdolillah yesterday I got my Umrah Visa for this Ramadan and inshaAllah I will spend my 9 last days of Ramadan in Holy Cities by the Grace of Almighty Allah.
    What I'd like you to confirm for me is;

I did not buy any package from Travel Agent, I just paid him for arranging Visa and Hotel/Transport is already with Umrah Visa as he confirmed. So in this case, upon arrival to Jeddah Airport, what would be immigration process? Will Saudi authorities keep my passport with them or they would return to me directly as I don't have any Umrah services package and hence no Leader/Muaallim...

Also, My travel agent has given me a contact number of a Saudi Person, who as per them would take care of taking me from Jeddah Airport to my Accomodation in Makkah inshaAllah, but I don't have any Vouchers for Transport and Hotel with me physically. Please comment on it.

Last thing is, Travelling to & from Makkah Madina, I will still need to keep passport with me, is this checked during the travel between holy cities?

JazzakAllah for your guidance in this Religious work.

May Allah reward you.

Muhammad Shahzad