Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    shazmaz

Free arabic pdf Arabic review

I am posting some web sites of some popular Arabic books for free download in PDF and WORD and Audio format. The are more than one web sites as the information can be slightly different with extra personal notes. I may give reviews at times.

shazmaz

Re: Free arabic pdf Arabic review

here are some website with free pdf files in Arabic:-
    http://www.kalamullah.com/learning-arabic.html

It covers the following books:-

The Madinah Books Series
    Arabic Tutor Vol 1-4
    Fundamentals of Classical Arabic
    Al-Arabiyatu Bayna Yadayk
    Hans Wehr Dictionary
    Al-Mawrid Arabic-English Dictionary

The Madinah Books Series
    The Arabic Course for English-Speaking Students is a comprehensive and popular course for the teaching of the Qur’anic and Traditional Arabic, originally devised and taught at the renowned Madinah Islamic University, catering for the non-Arabic speaking students from all over the world. Over the years, this course has enabled students to become competent in their use of the Arabic language and to participate and benefit from scholarly pursuits such as Qur’anic exegeses, hadith, fiqh, sirah, history, and classical and modern Arabic literature. It is concise (consisting of only three books, reasonably short) but extensive in their coverage. It combines modern Arabic vocabulary with Islamic terminology used in the Qur’an and Sunnah. It Helps acquire an understanding of hundreds of Qur’anic verses, ahadith, Arabic parables and poetry." Learning classical Arabic effectively could not be more easier than this course of Madinah Islamic University. A tried and tested course over 40 years with proven track record of success, it is ideal in terms of the topics covered and short time taken to learn. It is suitable for schools and colleges in the UK and other Western English speaking countries.

Tabs:- Grammar, Classical Arabic, English notes, Audio and DVD.

mazshaz Review:-
    It’s as good as they say. This was the first book I studied. I studied these books in Madina under the author student while Abdulreem was the head of the Arabic department. It was the first book I taught. The quickest I taught the first book was 3 weeks for book 1 and about 2 weeks for book 2. That seems enough to know about 85% of the words in the Quran and knowing the rules. Book 3 is harder (especially the last ½ of it) so I recommend a few other books before studying it. I am now intending to teach my children the first book with the book 1, book 2 and book 1 (extension) of Gateway to Arabic books.
    Last edited by mazshaz; 20-12-08 at 11:37 AM.

shazmaz

Arabic Tutor Vol 1-4

“From the Treasures of Arabic Morphology” is a comprehensive book of Ilmus Sarf. Please note that “From the Treasures of Arabic Morphology” has been published by Zamzam publishers of Karachi, Pakistan. (www.zamzampub.com) Anyone requiring a copy may do so by contacting the publishers directly. Although the quality of the print is not very good, it will suffice for the incumbent student who requires a book on Sarf urgently, until a new edition is printed.

• Nahw (Grammar) - Arabic Tutor Vol 1
    • Nahw (Grammar) - Arabic Tutor Vol 2
    • Nahw (Grammar) - Arabic Tutor Vol 3
    • Nahw (Grammar) - Arabic Tutor Vol 4
    • Nahw (Grammar) - Ilmun Nahw
    • Sarf (Morphology) - Treasures of Arabic Morphology

Tabs:- Grammar, Classical Arabic and English explanation of Grammatical Arabic.

Shazmaz Review:-
    These books are good for those who do not know Arabic well and want to study Arabic through a translated language. I came across these books about 6 months ago. I studied Vol 1 (twice), Vol 2 (twice) Vol 3, Vol 4 (half of it) and the Sart. After a while a person needs to study a language in its original(pure) format. I was total bored with the Sarf book but it can be boring. These books maybe good for IGSCE and AS level for revision purposes as it is well summarized and students need to know how to translations for the exams. I think these are about 95% better than a lot of Arabic books in English and cheaper. At the moment there is no Audio CD with these books.

shazmaz

Fundamentals of Classical Arabic is a series of practical, easy-to-read books that help students learn the difficult subjects of Arabic verb conjugation and grammar. Based on methodologies used by Islamic scholars for centuries, this series focuses on grasping short, understandable principles to steadily build a comprehension of the language. This first volume provides a framework for studying the Arabic language, introduces Arabic word patters, and covers the essentials of conjugating common verb and noun forms. Throughout the book, important concepts are explained in a lucid and concise manner. Tables provide a review of the concepts covered in each lesson, and the accompanying audio compact disc helps students memorize conjugations of common verb and noun patterns.

Tabs:- Verbs, Classical Arabic and English explanation of verbs patterns in Arabic.

I intend to go over it with the Audio this week. It looks good for the basic beginner to learn the verb pattern etc.

shazmaz

Al-Arabiyatu Bayna Yadayk

This series is designed for the non-Arab speaking, senior level student. With a collection of audiotapes and MP3 CD it helps the student learn Arabic through listening and conversation along with reading and writing. The series stresses communication and also offers glimpses into the Arabic culture, both Islamic and national. Divided into 3 grades, it contains textbooks and workbooks combined in one book. The entire series can be taught intensively in 300 classes (averaging 45 minutes one class,) 100 classes for each grade. If the program is not intensive, it can be taught within a three-year period.

Tabs:- Grammar, Classical Arabic, Speech and Audio.

I first read the first 2 chapters in Riyadh – Saudi without the audio CD when I was at the publisher about 6 months ago. I liked the books at the time but didn’t have enough money to buy them. I found them on this web site and covered the first 10 chapter of the first book with the Audio tapes and I loved it. I am intending to buy the books next time I am there (Inshallah) as reading them on-line is becoming irritating. I will probable teach these to my children with the Medina books i.e. cover Madina (book 1) then Bayna Yadayk (book 1), then Bayna Yadayk (book 2) Madina (book 2) etc. The Madina (book 1) should be covered first for beginners then the Bayan book as it tends to be basic and Bayan book covers speech and verb (past and present) very early. These books have a good Arabic to Arabic dictionary with these books which is brilliant for those who want to think in Arabic rather than know that (albit) means the house.

shazmaz

Hans Wehr Dictionary and Al-Mawrid Arabic-English Dictionary

I have always used Hans Wehr since studying my 2nd Medina book it not just a dictionary but you learn sarf from it as well that why I never bought Al-Mawrid.

shazmaz

Quote Originally Posted by mazshaz View Post
    I am posting some web sites of some popular Arabic books for free download in PDF and WORD and Audio format. There are number of one web sites (sorry but was up late looking for pdf file in Arabic)until as the information can be slightly different with extra personal notes. I may give reviews at times.

Here are some extra notes (in English) on the Medina books including a glossary of the vocabulary of all there books and answers.

http://abdurrahman.org/arabic/madina-arabic.html

http://www.fatwa-online.com/

http://www.lqtoronto.com/downloads.html

shazmaz

Saudi Curriculum

http://www.es.gov.sa/index.php

Here is the web site for all the books that Saudis study in their schools. From age 6 – 12 then 13 - 16 and 16-18.

Palestinian Curriculum
    http://www.pcdc.edu.ps/textbooks/index.htm#G1

I haven’t got a hold of them free yet and only read the first level (not Maths or Science) if you and your kids have got the time I recommend these you are learning Arabic like an Arab. There are CD to these with are OK.

shazmaz

Arabic For Dummies

http://www.hoor-al-ayn.com/rosetta-stone.html

Arabic For Dummies presents the language in the classic, laid-back For Dummies style. Taking a relaxed approach to this difficult language, it’s packed with practice dialogues and communication tips that will have you talking the talk in no time. You’ll get the scoop on: * The Arabic alphabet, pronunciation, basic grammar, and the rules of transliteration * The history of the language and information on classical Arabic and its dialects * How to make small talk and make yourself understood when dining, shopping, or traveling around town * How to communicate on the phone and in business conversations * Handy words and phrases for dealing with money, directions, hotels, transportation, and emergencies * Arabic culture and etiquette, including ten things you should never do in Arabic countries The book also includes an Arabic-English dictionary, verb tables, and an audio CD with dialogues from the book to help you perfect your pronunciation. Written by a native Arabic speaker who helped start a year-round Arabic department at Middlebury College, Arabic For Dummies is just what you need to start making yourself understood in Arabic. Code: TITLE : Arabic For Dummies (paperback+CDROM)

Tabs:- Modern Speech and in English only.

I hate books which have the English transliteration and 300+ pages and you still can’t read Arabic. Yet I went through the Audio CD which can be a benefit if you are doing a GCSE in Arabic (only of benefit for the listening exams paper.

shazmaz

A New Arabic Grammar of the Written Language (Paperback)
    by John A. Haywood

http://avaxhome.ws/ebooks/arabic-grammar.html

Product Description--
    The essential study guide to Arabic grammar -- A true classic in the field. In addition to Qur'an selections, fables, stories, newspaper extracts, letters, and excerpts from classical and modern Arabic writings are included. The book contains 52 chapters with a vocabulary of over 4,000 words. It will serve as a basis for further and deeper study of this classical language and its literature; at the same time it will help to form a good foundation for those who wish to concentrate on the modern written language of literature and the daily press. This is above all a practical grammar. It is meant for the beginner who is not familiar with the peculiarities of the Semetic languages. Nevertheless, it is comprehensive enough for most students' needs in the first two or three years of study.

Found this last night. It is recommended by a few for GCSE Classical Arabic. It looks ok but I don’t think I could put up with the PDF format and so much English text. Arabic Tutor is better along with learning Arabic from its pure source (Arabic only books).

Other reviews

http://www.amazon.com/New-Arabic-Gra...9781050&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Arabic-G.../dp/085331585X

shazmaz

Gateway to Arabic
    http://www.slideshare.net/moh12/lear...s-presentation
    (only the book 1)

http://www.greatwaytoarabic.com/

Product Description
    Gateway to Arabic is a well-structured, progressive course that has been carefully designed to teach Arabic in a non-Arabic-speaking environment to learners from a broad age range. It is highly popular with evening and weekend madrasahs, Muslim schools, as well as with adult learners. As students progress in building up their knowledge of Arabic grammar and vocabulary, they are able to put into practice the skills they have acquired through written exercises, spoken passages of dialogue and comprehension exercises.

Tabs:- Arabic and English explanation mainly for children.

These are nearly in every online islamic book shop. These are very nice for children. I bought the full set with the Audio DVD. I have gone through the Book 1, 2 and extension book 1. The kids are ½ way through book 1. I intend to go though Book 1, 2 and extension book 1 with them. After reading most of book 3 and looking over the rest the main benefit for children’s will be these 3 and then use the Merdina books as the verb section is set out much better in Madina book 2 than the gateway book.

shazmaz

The Madinah Books Series
    another web site with extra notes

This is a good web site for resources of Madina book 1 and some of book 2. It is colorful the other web sites used their note as an introduction but this is more revision.

http://www.al-miftaah.net/index.php?...tpage&Itemid=1

shazmaz

Syrian Colloquial Arabic, a Functional Course

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3875869/Sy...ctional-Course

http://www.syrianarabic.com/

Product Description
    A 450-page illustrated and fully indexed textbook (digital), accompanied by 180 minutes of authentic recorded conversations, dealing with modern colloquial Arabic as it is spoken in Syria, Lebanon and Jordan, with an emphasis on practical, everyday language useful to the foreign resident.
    Tabs:- Colloquial Arabic and English explanation with Audio.

I don’t like colloquial Arabic at all. It makes me cringe to read the words but it is nicely set out and it shows what can be done with all the traditional books that are still recommended by the Exam boards, universities colleges and schools. They should be updated or other books recommended in a newer format.

shazmaz

Focus on Contemporary Arabic
    http://yalepress.yale.edu/book.asp?isbn=9780300109481

Product Description
    Focus on Contemporary Arabic is the fifth volume in the Conversations with Native Speakers series, which strives to offer pioneering multimedia language materials to students at the intermediate and advanced levels. These programs consist of a slim, user-friendly student textbook and an accompanying DVD that contains interviews with a variety of native speakers filmed in the target language. These speakers represent all areas of the cultural spectrum, offering a realistic view of the diversity of the native-speaking populations of the target language. The interviews on the DVD broach an assortment of socially and culturally relevant topics and present students of the language with a glimpse into the complexity of both the language and the culture.

Tabs:- Arabic and English explanation with Audio/DVD for speech.

I can not review this. But there is PDF file in Arabic English and English Arabic which at first glance look good for the beginner.

A really good thread man, jazaakAllaah khayr!

Btw, have you seen al-Kitaab al-Asasi? You can check it out (1st volume only) at this link: http://muhammadnur.com/arabic Al-kitab Al-asasi.pdf
    Last edited by jzcasejz; 21-12-08 at 07:09 AM.

shazmaz

Alkitab Assasi
    I am intending to buy the (Alkitab Assasi) book with the new DVD version when it will be released next year InshAllah along with volume 2 & 3
    jazaakAllaah khayr! wa barkalfi and may you be rewarded for the guider to good!

I have reached chapter 10 and have got a general feel to this book. This book is a benefit for those who wish to know about the verb patterns in the Quran. It could be studied before (or along with/ or as revision) Sarf (Morphology) - Treasures of Arabic Morphology or Nahw (Grammar) - Arabic Tutor Vol 1 or Medinah book 1 or 2 or Al-Arabiyatu Bayna Yadayk book 1

Wright's Grammar & Haywood grammar
    Shazmaz Pointer:-
    HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT THESE TYPE OF BOOKS WERE VERY EXPENSIVE! They have fallen down in price as the publisher (etc) know that Arabic books with DVD are now an alternate standard which results in less sales of the Haywoods and the Wrights
    Last edited by mazshaz; 21-12-08 at 04:12 PM.

shazmaz

Grammar of The Arabic Language (Wright's Grammar). Vol-1 & Vol-2

Product Description
    No other English-language grammar of the Arabic language is as comprehensive as this classic reference. The sine qua non resource for English-speaking students wishing to master the intricacies of Arabic, it cites many examples of sentences, phrases, and figures of speech from the best classical Arabic prose and poetry.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/8907434/Wr...c-Grammar-Vol1

This is a bit like Haywood grammar book or Haywood is a bit like Wrights. At first glance the PDF copy is better and hence I have very much the same reply. I am not sure if you go through so much English how much your Arabic speech would benefit. I also don’t think that some one would be very good in actually reading books in Arabic on there own in this foramt, Especially books like (Qatra Nada) (Iban Aqeel) and all the other standard pure Arabic book for grammar.

Other reviews

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/produ...owViewpoints=1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grammar-Lang...9872770&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Arabic-Grammar...9871960&sr=1-1

shazmaz

A Grammar of the Arabic Language by W. Wright Volume 2

http://www.ghazali.org/arabic/

Arabic Grammar Books in English:
    1. A Grammar of the Arabic Language by W. Wright, revised by W. Robertson Smith and M. J. DE Goeje. Volume 1 Librairie du Liban, Beirut, 1996. (PDF)
    2. A Grammar of the Arabic Language by W. Wright, revised by W. Robertson Smith and M. J. DE Goeje. Volume 2 Librairie du Liban, Beirut, 1996.
    3. A Grammar of the Arabic Language, by: Haywood (1965) (pdf)
    4. A dictionary of Islam, T. P. Hughes (1885) (pdf)
    5. Dictionary of Koran, J. Penrice (1873) (pdf)
    6. Wortbat Porter 4th edition (pdf)

The copy of Haywood’s Grammar looks better if you still want to go on this root.

Shazmaz Pointer(2):-
    Hughes dictionary this was funny it had ‘Ad (starting with eyn) and Abu Yusaf (starting with Alfi) both under the English letter “A” on book page 8 – PDF page 19

Shazmaz Pointer(3):-
    Wortbat Porter looks better than the above but it looks that Al-Mawrid has take this dictionaries market.

I was hoping that Volume 2 had more Arabic it just looks on the same lines (minhaj).

shazmaz

Arabic Plural System
    http://www.hmaxos.com/Arabic%20Plural%20System.pdf

This is a nice hand out for plurals. The Madina book 3 has a full list in the back of the book.

Verb sheet Part 1 and 2

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7396142/Verb-Sheet-Part1

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7396140/Verb-Sheet-Part2

This is a nice hand out for verbs patterns.
    They go nicely with Medina book 2 (and Arabic Tutor book 1) as revision if you have completed it.
    They go nicely with Fundamentals of Classical Arabic as a supplement or next level.
    They go nicely before Arabic Sarf (tutor).
    Last edited by mazshaz; 21-12-08 at 06:49 PM.

shazmaz

Ajrumiyyah

Towards instruction of the Arabic language to English speakers by adherence to the Ajrumiyyah
    http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/sho...nce+Ajrumiyyah

I must have studied the explanation of this book (tofas sinneen) by an Egyptian about a dozen times once or twice with Shaiek Uthaymians/ maybe others lessons-tapes. It is recognized as the beginners students book to Grammatical(Nawh) Arabic. Most Arabs that study Islamic Studies or Arabic or seekers of knowledge and Ulama have either studied it or taught it.

Yet I do not recommend you learn Arabic grammar books through a translated version of English. If you are doing this then your Arabic is too weak for this book.
    You should find this book easier if you have gone through all of the Medina books including book 3 and/or the Arabic Tutor book.

Note most Arabs do not speak at a good grammatical standard. It is best to concentrate on Quran, vocab and phrase building for speaking etc.

Yet for the right person it should be tackled.

Salaam

Great.

shazmaz

al-ajrumiyyah

More on Ajirroumiyyah
    I didn't think that the Audio would be in English, like it suggests.

I can not down load it but at least you know it out there.

the last message

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...+Ajirroumiyyah

http://islamicnotes.wordpress.com/20...al-ajrumiyyah/

http://talk.islamicnetwork.com/showthread.php?t=3798

shazmaz

Re: al-ajrumiyyah

Ajrumiyyah

Yet for the right person it should be tackled.
    I made a mistake here it 'should' not have said 'should' but 'could' or can tackle it

what one 'should' do is pray 5 time a day and read Quran and learn his/her deen and learn Arabic and a lot more things then he 'could' if he has time tackle these books but it only 'should' be in Arabic but you 'could' use the 'English' notes as references at times but you 'should' refrian from it if you can.
    Last edited by mazshaz; 24-12-08 at 02:30 PM.

shazmaz

:

:

I found these books on this forum

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194845

An Introduction to Quranic and Classical Arabic: An Elementary Grammar of the Language

Arabic Verbs & Essentials of Grammar

Mazshaz Review:-
    At first glance I was impressed with these two books. They would fit in nicely after studying

Fundamentals of Classical Arabic (beginner’s level one)

These can also be studied together complementing each other. One covers in-depth grammar and the other verbs.

The first book is not vowel-ed and has the English transliteration next to it which I hate. So it could mean side tracking to the Arabic Tutor books. It also only has vocabulary of about 450 common words. Which can be good or not depending the way one looks at it.

Although by now you all must know I do not like people learning Arabic for a heavy English explained book. For the like of (I)GCSE exams Classic Arabic for translation purposes these are the ideal type of books.

It may mean that these books are only sufficient to get you a C grade pass in Classic Arabic but it’s a start.

Which means going to the likes of Haywood Grammar book for you’re A*. The the method I like after these 2 books keep to your C and go to the pure Arabic sources.
    Last edited by mazshaz; 25-12-08 at 12:49 PM.

shazmaz

Arabic Verbs and essential Grammar by John Mace.

Pointer:-
    There is a book which I have called Arabic Verbs and essential Grammar by John Mace.

I have had a copy of this for about 10 years sadly I never went through it all may have to soon it has good points for verbs.

I am sure this was also as a pdf file which I found last year but I can not find it.

Any helpers???

It would me studied(or looked at) after the likes of book 2(and 3) Medina books or with the Fundamentals of Classical Arabic (beginner’s level one) and with Arabic tutor Sarf books and with the above Arabic Verb book.

shazmaz

You may think why study so many books???

You may think why study so many books. Don’t you read reviews that if you had Haywood’s and Wright’s grammar books it is sufficient. If only you could tell Bakhari to not write his book surely Muta’ Imam Malik is sufficient. And to say to Imam Muslim don’t write your book you are only coying Imam Malik and Bukhari etc.

And to say to Ibn Hisham don’t write your book Sibaway has done all the grammar we need.

And to Muhammad ibn Abdul Whab don’t write your book lets read kitabul Taweed of So and So and so and so and so and so and if that was not enough so and so did one.

Think about it.
    Even when you where young, was it one book you learnt to study the English Language? it was many? And it was not one hour a day it was 5 day a week 5 hour a day at school. then you finally got the hang of it !!!!!1111

and can we have a Allah Hadna wa iyak on the 'Smile lists' please (may Ahllah guide us and you)

and a Iyan billah (I seek refuge from Allah ..from etc....)
    Last edited by mazshaz; 25-12-08 at 01:06 PM.

shazmaz

The Arabic Tutor books pointer

The Arabic Tutor books were written by and originally on the following web site
    Arabic Tutor by Maulana Abdus Sattar Khan.
    http://www.al-inaam.com/books_index.htm
    I actually found some error in the books in PFD version of the following. They corrected them except the last one which is a short hand version for a verb pattern.

Book 1 page 54 question 12 (Arabic)
    القمرالغارب (proof on page 53)
    Book 1 page 73 question 13 (Arabic)
    It should read حارس and not حارث(proof on page 70 guard dog)
    Book 1 page 77 note 1 (Arabic/English)
    the ring of silver
    I think the Arabic should have an (ال) or (the) should be changed to (a)
    Book 1 page 112 (English)
    (ملك)and not ( (عادل before respectively for the following text
    The words, (t_O__M_), (³/j=O!b€) and (o O__M_) are adjectives and the case of each one follows its preceding noun, namely (_PvM_),
    (_²_j!Pfr?M_) and (ملك) respectively.
    Book 1 page 124 (English)
    The second full stop should be removed in the 3rd box along 2nd row down
    the house of
    the teachers of
    the boy..

Book 1 page 136 question 15 (Arabic)
    With a shad and fata on the to clarify it I think
    عليَّ
    Book 1 page 152 lesson 13
    ( كم ) should have a fata not a kasra (I normal leave these but it very far down and it looks odd as through it a fatah on the next line)
    Book 2 page 10 (Arabic)
    The ( ل ) does not have the English equivalent in the box
    Book 2 page 90 (Arabic)
    To laugh should not be ( ف ) but a ( س )
    Book 2 page 97 (Arabic)
    There should be a new line for the last
    • Ie after ( ليقرأ ) is a new sentence so it should be on a new line with a new bolt

Book 2 page 149 (Arabic)
    (3)(ذكّر )to advise, to remind
    should read (2) and not (3)
    (2)(ذكّر )to advise, to remind

Book 3 page 72 (Arabic)
    The following has a ب it should either not be there or something else which I can not work out
    ب (أحس ) to feel

Book 1 page 54 question 12 (Arabic)
    القمرالغارب (proof on page 53)

Book 1 page 73 question 13 (Arabic)
    It should read حارس and not حارث(proof on page 70 guard dog)

Book 1 page 77 note 1 (Arabic/English)
    the ring of silver

I think the Arabic should have an (ال) or (the) should be changed to (a)

Book 1 page 112 (English)
    (ملك)and not ( (عادل before respectively for the following text

The words, (t_O__M_), (³/j=O!b€) and (o O__M_) are adjectives and the case of each one follows its preceding noun, namely (_PvM_),
    (_²_j!Pfr?M_) and (ملك) respectively.

Book 1 page 124 (English)
    The second full stop should be removed in the 3rd box along 2nd row down

the house of
    the teachers of
    the boy..

Book 1 page 136 question 15 (Arabic)
    With a shad and fata on the to clarify it I think
    عليَّ

Book 1 page 152 lesson 13
    ( كم ) should have a fata not a kasra (I normal leave these but it very far down and it looks odd as through it a fatah on the next line)

Book 2 page 10 (Arabic)
    The ( ل ) does not have the English equivalent in the box

Book 2 page 90 (Arabic)
    To laugh should not be ( ف ) but a ( س )

Book 2 page 97 (Arabic)
    There should be a new line for the last
    • Ie after ( ليقرأ ) is a new sentence so it should be on a new line with a new bolt

Book 2 page 149 (Arabic)
    (3)(ذكّر )to advise, to remind
    should read (2) and not (3)
    (2)(ذكّر )to advise, to remind

Book 3 page 72 (Arabic)
    The following has a ب it should either not be there or something else which I can not work out

ب (أحس ) to feel

Re: The Arabic Tutor books pointer

Are those the only errors in all the 4 books, or there are more?

shazmaz

I never finished the 4th book.

These are what I found? are they major errors? not really.

It sometimes simple a slip of the pen/keyboard.

I wanted them put right in later versions for my children to study but now they are being published.

A ponter:-
    This book(s) were translated from Urdu to English. For someone to learn a language called Arabic. Once in a while I wanted to do cross reference about do Arab's say this or that sentence. What I found that the book my grammatical be correct but Arab's do not use that phrase in that way. In was rare but enough for me to cross reference.

So people do read post!!!
    Last edited by mazshaz; 25-12-08 at 07:04 PM.

shazmaz

Arabic Verbs & Essentials of Grammar

I have started reading this book today.

The introduction was very nice.

As you know I do not like Arabic being taught by books other than from it pure source. But an idea came to me that although you should learn Arabic from Arabic books and by Arabs. There is no harm in reading books like these as you would read say a 'novel' or infomation on Muslims you would read an Islamic book. These books could be used as reference books while you are getting thaught or listening to tapes (Arabic lessons). For Examples when I finished Fundamental of Classical Arabic. I would not buy the book or teach the book but I would say if you have studiend say for example Madina book 2 then go home and read this book it will give you a summary. The problem that I did find at the end with Fundamentals of Calssical Arabic - although very beneficial to a given market- was at the verbs generally started with

he
    they (dual m)
    They (p/m)
    she
    you (dual f)
    I
    We

I learnt them from another pattern (the most coomon as dual is not that common in speach)

something like this
    He
    I
    you (M/F)
    we
    she
    They

I was with my friend from the ministry of eucation in Riyadh and once (he a doctor) said Marhan (welcome for dual). And we all went into a debate when he corrected himself to the dual. IE it's there but not commonly used because grammatical Arabic has become so strange and weak to use by the user. I asked him how do they teach Grammatic Arabic in schools. He said they explain it in local speach for them to understand it.

The government is trying to impove this area.
    Last edited by mazshaz; 25-12-08 at 07:28 PM.

shazmaz

Kitab ul-Assassi or Al Arabia Bayna Ya Dayk

This was a question from a brother on this web site and I took the answer as well saying that you can download the books free. It is a nice tast review.

http://tayyibun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=533

Salam,

I have no Idea which one to choose when I go Egypt this summer, I want a book which will give me the ability to study Islam from the Arabic sources and understand the Quran well, and at the same time have a general understanding of Arabic (fusha) in general.

Please Ustd's and anyone one else who has had experienced or have had a look at both, please help me with this issue.

JZK

Assalamu 'alaykum,

Both books have their pros and well as cons.

Overall, bayna yadayk is more Islamically orientated whereas asaasi seems to be more secular. It offers more Islamic vocab compared to Asaasi.

However, with bayna yadayk, it takes more longer to deal with more sophisticated texts. For example, when you have finished bayna yadayk in the al fajr centre, you start level 9 with Asaasi. Usually people get quite shocked at the jump of moving to Asaasi.

Yadayk is more interesting to study and its layout is far superior, and it gets the student more engaged in discussion and conversation.

Also, Asaasi is more stronger on grammar than yadayk, whereas yadayk focuses more on speech.

I hope that helps. Personally, I think Yadayk is a good option on condition you study a grammar text on the side. Otherwise study Asaasi.

Having said all of that, remember that it will not matter that much what you end up studying. what is more important is your determination and effort rather than what book you study. If you remember that, the choice of what book to study shouldn't be such a huge issue.

And Allah knows best.

Wassalamu 'alaykum.

shazmaz

recourse in a nice tidy manner

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194845

Please check this forum link the brother puts his recourse in a nice tidy manner.
    Arabic Verbs & Essentials of Grammar and other can no longer be downloaded from the link.
    Please try finding another link if you have any trouble let him or me know and we will upload it somewhere else.

Alhamdullah I download only a few days ago and printed it out. I am about half way through and it is very enjoyable. I did not expect it to be. May Allah reward us and him.

shazmaz

201 Arabic Verbs

I didn't find John Mace Arabic Verbs
    But
    I found this (the pdf could be better)
    201 Arabic Verbs (201 verbs series)
    for those that love their verbs

http://depositfiles.com/en/files/6100928

There is a book which I have called Arabic Verbs and essential Grammar by John Mace.

I have had a copy of this for about 10 years sadly I never went through it all may have to soon it has good points for verbs.

I am sure this was also as a pdf file which I found last year but I can not find it.

Any helpers???

It would me studied(or looked at) after the likes of book 2(and 3) Medina books or with the Fundamentals of Classical Arabic (beginner’s level one) and with Arabic tutor Sarf books and with the above Arabic Verb book.

shazmaz

PDQ Linguphone

Found this PDQ Linguphone last night and does anybody know where the guide book can be download. Has any body gone through it? Is it fusa or slang?

sound slang to me but listened to about 2mins while dowloading.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115640

Re: PDQ Linguphone

i think linguaphone is available in fusha plus various dialects
    i did part of it before and what i did was fusha, but not the whole course we just took some of it
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.

“People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

shazmaz

PDQ Linguphone Egyptian Colloquial Arabic

Oh dear this one is Egyptian Colloquial Arabic.
    I went through 33 of them first Audio.
    It maybe a good method of learning but I could not have started like this.
    Most of the first set of words are English word entered into the Modern Arabic Language and they mix a few Arabic words so you think you learnt more.
    I even liked the Audio from the Dummies range better as the lessons were longer.
    So I don't need the Drill book.
    I may carry on but to have a laugh with my Egyptian friend. Not to take it seriously

The is the second time I have come across Egyptian Colloquial and they always say how good it is. I bought the Alif Ba (20pound) book and Answer guide (3pound about). 95% of the book was in English I read all the review in the USA and UK and still didn’t get the right book and was very disappointed.

But from it I will give you an example of the difference.

Classical
    Min fadlik(a) if you please (male)
    Min fadlik(i) for if you please (female)

(a) and (i) are not pronounced if you stop. If you continue they are both supposed to be pronounced
    (ik) this (i) indicates harfa jar

It is like when you say jazakAllahkhran

It actually supposed to be jazakAllahkhraa
    (without an n)

and sukaran
    should be said as sukaraa

But every body now says it with a nun at the end. Although the most correct is (aa) like when you read the Quran (see chapter 79 of the Quran)

So in Egyptian Culture and not in Sham or Saudi
    (and I have my Alif ba book by Kristen Brustad p39[so the money wasnt a waste totally])
    HaDritak (male)
    HaDritik (female)

The word in Arabic has an origin meaning present

local
    The PQD give the example if you please

min fadlak ---male
    min fadlik ---female

By now you can see they have altered the vowels of the original word and not the word ending like we have studied in grammatical Arabic.

See post 13 it may be nice to check the difference (if we ever have time)
    Last edited by mazshaz; 29-12-08 at 07:20 PM.

shazmaz

AlAjrumiyyah - this is what looks out there fot it

AlAjrumiyyah
    This is the most famous beginners Arabic grammar book. It has been taught for centuries since the beginning of the 7th century, if not before. I have even taught it to an Arab once (only). I didn’t do a good job of it. It may have between 30 and 100 or more explanations to this little text, it as been poetries for easy memorization. Even in English there looks at least 3 explanations of it. The text is short 8 pages with large fonts and 4 in the potery format..

Website 1
    http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/sho...nce+Ajrumiyyah

If we start here and make it the foundation you should
    download 3 rar files
    2 word doc
    one very clear reading of it (this is not the explanation but the text reading as it helps both Arabs an non native Arabs to read correctly.)

Website 2
    then go here
    http://tayyibun.com/forum/viewtopic....102d9d73cad909
    pick out the 2nd pdf file and the 3rd doc file

Website 3
    then go here (another translation)
    http://islamicnotes.wordpress.com/20...al-ajrumiyyah/

were it says upload 4 files upload the last one on the list as the other are repeats.

Note the other file are repetition of each other so don’t download everything

I try to download the Audio file here but didn' get far, they do not look clear, one sounds as if its not Arabic as well.

I will update about 10 Scholars web site you can pick out the one that sounds best for the non –native Arab. The information is on my computer in Saudi and not here.

shazmaz

Arabic Verbs & Essentials of Grammar 2E

This book got take down from the original link

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ammar+download

You can find the book in a lot of places.

AND its by Jane Wightywick and Mahmoud Gaafar.

Yes the very same PDQ, Michel Thomas Method: Arabic Foundations Course and Teach Yourself Arabic Conversation.

This book is excellent for intermediates level revision or introduction to that level

shazmaz

Arabic Verbs and Essential Grammar : new dowloads

This book got take down from the original link from this forum

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ammar+download

You can find the book in a lot of places.

AND its by Jane Wightywick and Mahmoud Gaafar.

Yes the very same PDQ, Michel Thomas Method: Arabic Foundations Course and Teach Yourself Arabic Conversation.

This book is excellent for intermediates level revision or introduction to that level as a self study read

shazmaz

This was my first thread and it was on the 20 -12- 2008

About books here
    http://www.kalamullah.com/learning-arabic.html

they have since add two more books that we also know about.

Please visit this web site again in the future to check for more grammar books.