Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

LIVE Arabic Classes with Abu Mus'ab Wednesday 8:30PM GMT (9:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Note: All classes are still on the old times of GMT, not GMT +1 a.k.a. BST, with the exception of the Tafseer Class, for that will be done at 7:30pm GMT, or 6:30pm GMT+1/BST

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Odan

Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) Grave?

What is actually behind the steel gates in the Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) Grave in Medina. Why we can not even see what is inside the Holy Room under the Green Dome?

Why Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) grave in the mosque? From what I read from the hadith that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) warn us not to build the grave in the house or in the mosque.. So I am assuming the prophet mosque has been extended on top his grave which it should never happen?

Re: Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) Grave?

I found this fatwa by Shaykh Ibn Baz (rahimahullah) hope it answers ur question inshallah.

What is the reason why the grave of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was incorporated into the mosqueIt is well known that it is not permissible to bury the dead in the mosque, and it is not permissible to pray in any mosque in which there is a grave. So why were the graves of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and some of his companions incorporated into the Prophet’s Mosque?

Praise be to Allaah.

It was narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “May Allaah curse the Jews and the Christians, for they have taken the graves of their Prophets as places of worship.” (Saheeh, agreed upon. Al-Bukhaari, al-Janaa’iz, 1330; Muslim, al-Masaajid, 529). It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that Umm Salamah or Umm Habeebah told the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about a church that they had seen in Abyssinia (Ethiopia) and the images that were inside it. He (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Those are people who, when a righteous slave or a righteous man among them died, they would build a place of worship over his grave and put those images in it. They are the most evil of creation before Allaah.” (Agreed upon; al-Bukhaari, al-Salaah, 434; Muslim, al-Masaajid, 528). Muslim narrated in his Saheeh that Jundub ibn ‘Abd-Allaah al-Bajali said: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, ‘Allaah has taken me as a close friend (khaleel) as He took Ibraaheem as a close friend. If I were to take anyone among my ummah as a close friend, I would have taken Abu Bakr as a close friend. Those who came before you took the graves of their Prophets and righteous people as places of worship. Do not take graves as places of worship, for I forbid you to do that.” (Muslim, al-Janaa’iz, 970).

Muslim also narrated that Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade plastering over graves, sitting on them, and building over them.” (Muslim, al-Janaa’iz, 970). These saheeh ahaadeeth and others all indicate that it is haraam to build mosques over graves, and that those who do that are cursed. They also indicate that it is haraam to build over graves, to erect domes over them or to plaster over them, because these actions lead to shirk involving the graves and worshipping their occupants instead of Allaah, as happened in ancient times and is still happening today. So the Muslims, no matter where they are, must beware of doing that which the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has forbidden, and not be deceived by what many people do. For the believer must follow the truth and truth may be known through evidence from the Qur’aan and Sunnah, not by people’s opinions or what they do. The Messenger Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his two companions [Abu Bakr and ‘Umar] (may Allaah be pleased with them) were not buried in the mosque, rather they were buried in the house of ‘Aa’ishah, but when the mosque was expanded during the time of al-Waleed ibn ‘Abd al-Malik, the room was incorporated into the mosque, at the end of the first century AH. His action does not come under the ruling of burial in the mosque, because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his two companions were not moved to the land of the mosque, rather the room in which they are buried was incorporated into the mosque because of the expansion. No one can use this as evidence that it is permissible to build structures over graves or to take graves as places of worship, or to bury people inside mosques, because of the saheeh ahaadeeth quoted above which forbid that. What al-Waleed did is not evidence for going against the proven Sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz, Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah, part 4, p. 337
    source-www.islamqa.com

Odan

Oh thanks, that is very interesting.

Do you think Saudi should demolish the extension so grave will not be in the mosque anymore? Keep it separate.

My mind keep bubbling... why they were buried in the house of Aa’ishah? I thought it is not allowed to build the grave in the house as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Shedy View Post
    Oh thanks, that is very interesting.

Do you think Saudi should demolish the extension so grave will not be in the mosque anymore? Keep it separate.

My mind keep bubbling... why they were buried in the house of Aa’ishah? I thought it is not allowed to build the grave in the house as well?
    Bismilla hirrahman nirraheem
    Assalamu alaikum
    Long before I read.
    I think it is said Prophets (Peace be upon them all) should be burried where they die. Allahu alam.

I think, John The Baptist i.e Yahya a.s's grave is also inside a masjid in Syria?
    Is it rue saudis destroyed a lot of graves/Mausoleums back in 1920's?

An Armed man is a citizen, and Unarmed man is a Subject.