Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All praise b to the Lord! hamza81's Avatar

The Five Kalima's

The five Kalima’s

1. Kalimah Tayyibah

Laa ilaaha illallaahu Muhammadur rasoolullaah
    (Trans: There is none worthy of worship besides Allah, Muhammad [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] is the messenger of Allah)

2. Kalimah Shahaadat

Ash-hadu an-laa ilaaha illallaahu wahdahoo laa shareeka lahoo, wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan abduhoo wa rasooluh

(Trans: I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship besides Allah. He is alone. He has no partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and messenger)

3. Kalimah Tamjeed

Subhaanallaahi wal hamdulillaahi wa laa ilaaha illallaahu wallaahu Akbar, wa laa hawla walaa quwwata illaa billaahil aliyyil adheem

(Trans: Glory be to Allah. All praise be to Allah. There is none worthy of worship besides Allah and Allah is the Gratest. There is no power and might except from Allah, the Most High, the Great)

4. Kalimah Tawheed

Laa ilaaha illallaahu wahdahoo laa shareeka lah. Lahul mulk, wa lahul hamd, yuhyiy wa yumeet biyadihil khayr wa huwa alaa kulli shay-in qadeer

(Trans: There is none worthy of worship besides Allah who is alone. He has no partner. For him is the Kingdom, and for Him is all praise. He gives life and causes death. In His hand is all good. And He has power over everything)

5. Kalimah Radd Kufr

Allaahumma inniy a’oodhu bika min an ushrika bika shay-an wa ana a’alamu bihi wa astaghfiruka lima laa a’alamu bih. Tubtu anhu wa tabarratu minal kufri wash-shirki wal kizbi wal ma’aasi kullihaa aslamtu wa aamantu wa aqoolu laa ilaaha illallaahu Muhammadur rasoolullah

(Trans: O Allah, surely I do seek refuge in You from knowingly associating any partner with You, I beg Your forgiveness for the sin from which I am not aware of, I repent it and I declare myself free from infidelity, polytheism (associating any partner with Allah), telling lies and all other sins. I accept Islam and believe and declare that there is none worthy of worship besides Allah and Muhammad [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] is the messenger of Allah.

Re: The Five Kalima's

In Islamic faith as far as Ibadah worship is concerned a person has to look for 3 check outs:-
    1.To look in the quran wheather the subject matter is in it(.or)
    2.To look in the Hadiths of Prophet Muhammadh PBUH.(or)
    3.Wheather the subject matter that is being put forward is rationalistic.
    Please let somebody tell me where the 5 kalimas are found.

our namaz books used to have 6.
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Is your namaz book the Quran or Hadith.By whom was so called namaz book written.Don't get misguided plesae.

get a life vabi boi.
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Account Disabled

I have never seen these 5 or 6 kalima in Arabic books then again i have never visited pakistan or india

wal 'aqibatulil muttaqeen Uthman Ibn Afan's Avatar

The 5 Kalimahs came into existence to facilitate the easy memorising and learning of Aqeedah (beliefs). It has no Shar’ee compulsion as far as its memorising is concerned. When they came into existence is not known.

http://www.beautifulislam.net/god/five_kalimas_p.html

The 6 (six) Kalimas are recorded in various books of knowledge, and are recited (and remembered) by people across the globe.
    These kalimas were compiled together for children to memorise and learn the basic fundamentals of a Muslim's beliefs. They are not found altogether complete in any one hadith or narration from the Prophet (peace be upon him). However, some of them can be found individually in the narrations.
    Listed below are the 6 well known Kalimas.

http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/kalimas.html
    http://kondori.wordpress.com/

Like this page on FB
    HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

"...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

"We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
    Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Salātullāhi wa Salāmuhu ‘alayka ya Rasūlallāh

alfi salella alel madani ahmed_abdullah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by southbaypvtltd View Post
    In Islamic faith as far as Ibadah worship is concerned a person has to look for 3 check outs:-
    1.To look in the quran wheather the subject matter is in it(.or)
    2.To look in the Hadiths of Prophet Muhammadh PBUH.(or)
    3.Wheather the subject matter that is being put forward is rationalistic.
    Please let somebody tell me where the 5 kalimas are found.
    Who told you this is correct?
    صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
    Al-Muslimeen

Quote Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
    our namaz books used to have 6.
    lol namaz aint the correct word, it's salah so u kno

niyyet kitti meh, chaar rakaat namaz farz, namaz zohr, pichey iss imam de mun mera kaba shareef.

so why does the niyyat say namaz in it? hey hey hey?

Again there is no answer to my question how authenticated is your namaz book is.

There cannot be various books of knowledge as far as belief in Islam especially pertaining to Imaan and worship is concerned.As long as matters regarding ibadah (worship) are not found in Quran and Hadiths,you cannot create one or you cannot follow the so called various knowledge.

Tell me where in and which Hadith did the Prophet make the so called NIYYET AND FOR WHICH NAMAAZ WAQT.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuaath View Post
    lol namaz aint the correct word, it's salah so u kno
    Namaz is the urdu word for prayer and,salah is the arabic counter part and,thozhugai is the tamil counter part.

Almighty says in the Quran and the Hadiths of the great Prophet.This is fundemental,when you analyse the teachings of the Quran.

Quote Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
    get a life vabi boi.
    Please be clear.This is not a forum for obscure western ephitets.This forum is for is meant for preparing the right way of life by sharing our views on Islam and hereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by hamza89 View Post
    I have never seen these 5 or 6 kalima in Arabic books then again i have never visited pakistan or india
    If you have not seen this in books pertaining to Islamic faith then,this this is a innovation.I hope you know where innovation in Islamic faith will lead you to.

everythings bidah

Like this page on FB

"We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
    Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Quote Originally Posted by Uthman Ibn Afan View Post
    everythings bidah
    Yes innovation in faith is bidah.

what part of those statements is an innovation in faith?

Like this page on FB

Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Quote Originally Posted by Uthman Ibn Afan View Post
    what part of those statements is an innovation in faith?
    The very fact that coining of statements and portraying that set of statements as the basis of Islamic belief and faith,and more importantly the coining does not exist in the time of Prophet nor at the time following him,and such things innovated after him is self evident.

Assalamualaikum.

I am confused... i reverted to islam and i was taught the "five" kalima's i assumed this was aqeedah broken down into five parts... and then imaan e mujmal/mufassal ect.

How else is aqeedah taught? :s

the levels of tawheed (rububiyyah, uluhiyyah, hakimiyyah, and asma wassifat) weren't coined until later. people have no problem with them.
    قُلْ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ هَادُوا إِن زَعَمْتُمْ أَنَّكُمْ أَوْلِيَاء لِلَّهِ مِن دُونِ النَّاسِ فَتَمَنَّوُا الْمَوْتَ إِن كُنتُمْ صَادِقِينَ
    وَلَا يَتَمَنَّوْنَهُ أَبَدًا بِمَا قَدَّمَتْ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَاللَّهُ عَلِيمٌ بِالظَّالِمِينَ
    قُلْ إِنَّ الْمَوْتَ الَّذِي تَفِرُّونَ مِنْهُ فَإِنَّهُ مُلَاقِيكُمْ ثُمَّ تُرَدُّونَ إِلَى عَالِمِ الْغَيْبِ وَالشَّهَادَةِ فَيُنَبِّئُكُم بِمَا كُنتُمْ تَعْمَلُونَ

صدق الله العظيم

are there not similar statements in Imam Tahawis creed? wait let me check;

We say about Allah's unity, believing by Allah's help that:

1. Allah is One, without any partners.

2. There is nothing like Him.

3. There is nothing that can overwhelm Him
    4. There is no god other than Him.

5. He is the Eternal without a beginning and enduring without end

Isnt that one of the Kalimas? wahdahu, la shareekalahu that one?

doesnt it go on to say things about belief in destiny and angels and books....
    Last edited by naila-k; 10-06-10 at 03:19 PM.

Recipes for all the family
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

The very fact that coining of statements and portraying that set of statements as the basis of Islamic belief and faith.
    are these not the basis of Islamic belief and faith?

1. There is no God but Allah Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah
    2. I bear witness that no-one is worthy of worship but Allah, the One alone, without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger
    3. Glory be to Allah and Praise to Allah, and there is no God But Allah, and Allah is the Greatest. And there is no Might or Power except with Allah.
    4. There is none worthy of worship except Allah. He is only One. (There is) no partners for Him. For Him (is) the Kingdom. And for Him (is) the Praise. He gives life and causes death. And He (is) Alive. He will not die, never, ever. Possessor of Majesty and Reverence. In His hand (is) the goodness. And He (is) the goodness. And He has power over everything.
    5. I seek forgiveness from Allah, my Lord, from every sin I committed knowingly or unknowingly, secretly or openly, and I turn towards Him from the sin that I know and from the sin that I do not know. Certainly You, You (are) the knower of the hidden things and the Concealer (of) the mistakes and the Forgiver (of) the sins. And (there is) no power and no strength except from Allah, the Most High, the Most Great
    6. O Allah! Certainly I seek protection with You from, that I associate partner with You anything and I know it. And I seek forgiveness from You for that I do not know it. I repented from it and I made myself free from disbelief and polytheism and the falsehood and the back-biting and the innovation and the tell-tales and the bad deeds and the blame and the disobedience, all of them. And I submit and I say (there is) none worthy of worship except Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah

and more importantly the coining does not exist in the time of Prophet nor at the time following him,and such things innovated after him is self evident.
    if we go by your understanding of bidah then literally everything would be bid'ah. so no more fiqh books, no aqeedah books. even aqeedah at-tahawi would be bidah.
    so either your understanding of bidah is wrong or every Muslim is a bidati.
    Last edited by Uthman Ibn Afan; 10-06-10 at 03:30 PM.

Like this page on FB

Shaykh Akram Nadwi

any way this is not really an innovation in the way we practice our religion, it is an innovation in learning, a new science that has come about as it was needed and as a way to protect the right aqeedah and make sure every child starts of with the right aqeedah and as a defence against deviant sects?

Recipes for all the family
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

I don't see how these things are bidah. They are just statements that are used as a teaching method to children so they know the basic beliefs of a Muslim. It would probably only become bidah if someone said recite these kalimas 27 times and your whole day will go safely when there is nothing from Quran and Sunnah saying such a thing.

southbaypvtltd you didn't answered my question yet.
    Al-Muslimeen

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post
    I don't see how these things are bidah. They are just statements that are used as a teaching method to children so they know the basic beliefs of a Muslim. It would probably only become bidah if someone said recite these kalimas 27 times and your whole day will go safely when there is nothing from Quran and Sunnah saying such a thing.
    you know you have a point, but the 27 times is actually recorded to be an odd number
    And as far kalima are concerned then you should know that kalima e taiyaba is recorded in the hadith to be the best of dikhr.
    Al-Muslimeen

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa View Post
    Assalamualaikum.

I am confused... i reverted to islam and i was taught the "five" kalima's i assumed this was aqeedah broken down into five parts... and then imaan e mujmal/mufassal ect.

How else is aqeedah taught? :s
    There is nothing to be confused,there are certain people who imagine that Islam is exclusively something that only they can explain.This is a religion, a way of life for every human being.Every human being has two types duties in his life time.
    1.A man's duties towards God .
    2.A man's duties towards fellow beings.

To fulfill these duties one has to apply the following:-
    1.Quran.
    2.Hadiths of the great prophet (pbuh)
    3.If you do not find specific answers by applying the above two,apply rationale thinking.
    I think nothing is outside the ambit of these three.
    Since this is relationship between the creator and created there is no place for complexities and rituals etc.If you can apply the above formula ,I don't think there is place for confusion etc.
    Any questions whatever please visit with a person knowing tamil to translate www.onlinepj.com
    there may be a lot of detractions from others.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil al-Mamluk View Post
    the levels of tawheed (rububiyyah, uluhiyyah, hakimiyyah, and asma wassifat) weren't coined until later. people have no problem with them.
    So you mean to say the critera for doing some thing new (innovation) is okay when no problem with people and , not the teachings of Islam based on Quran and Hadith.

There is nothing to be confused,there are certain people who imagine that Islam is exclusively something that only they can explain.This is a religion, a way of life for every human being.Every human being has two types duties in his life time.
    1.A man's duties towards God .
    2.A man's duties towards fellow beings.

To fulfill these duties one has to apply the following:-
    1.Quran.
    2.Hadiths of the great prophet (pbuh)
    3.If you do not find specific answers by applying the above two,apply rationale thinking.
    I think nothing is outside the ambit of these three.
    Since this is relationship between the creator and created there is no place for complexities and rituals etc.If you can apply the above formula ,I don't think there is place for confusion etc.
    Any questions whatever please visit with a person knowing tamil to translate www.onlinepj.com
    there may be a lot of detractions from others.
    And according to whom have you formulated your formala?
    Please do tell us also as we are not scholars and trying to do islah for us too.
    Al-Muslimeen

Quote Originally Posted by ahmed_abdullah View Post
    southbaypvtltd you didn't answered my question yet.
    Sorry in my urgency I did not reply with the quote,my answer was posted on 09.06.2010.

Sorry in my urgency I did not reply with the quote,my answer was posted on 09.06.2010.
    I am not able to find the answer could you tell me the post number?
    Al-Muslimeen

you know you have a point, but the 27 times is actually recorded to be an odd number
    And as far kalima are concerned then you should know that kalima e taiyaba is recorded in the hadith to be the best of dikhr.
    Can you please reproduce the Hadith,I am very eager to read the Hadith which reads Kalima e taiyaba is the best of dikhr.

Sure but first let me ask you do you know the meaning of kalimah?
    Al-Muslimeen

I am not able to find the answer could you tell me the post number?
    Post #15

Almighty says in the Quran and the Hadiths of the great Prophet.This is fundemental,when you analyse the teachings of the Quran.
    How did you come to know that it is fundemental as you analysed the teachings of quran?

I have never read any ayat which says to read and understand quran from the "sahih" hadith and if anything is not found in the hadith then consider it as a bidah.

Please do inform me about this because i want to know as well as to which ayat of quran says this.
    Al-Muslimeen

Please do tell us also as we are not scholars and trying to do islah for us too.
    I have not formulated anything on my own,please if you can find any translater from Tamil to English you can visit www.onlinepj.com for any and all matters regarding Islam

I have not formulated anything on my own,please if you can find any translater from Tamil to English you can visit www.onlinepj.com for any and all matters regarding Islam