Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Angel Of Death - Islam question...

I am a muslim brother who prays 5 times a day and I read the quran daily.....I am terrified of Death, and the punishment of the grave......Sometimes I can't sleep at nights without thinking about The End.

I suffer palpatation sometimes, and to be frank, I get very scared....sometimes, these palpatations make me break my prayers due to a fear of some sort of heart attack (however, its most likely to be a panic attack).

What I would like to ask from brother and sisters here is the pain of death....I understand that bad people suffer a horrible time with the angel of death.....But I don't know what will happen to a good muslim. Do good muslims feel the pain whilst the soul comes out?

I've been a muslim since the day I was born, but due to these palpatations, I have promised myself to be a better muslim (praying 5 times a day, reading quran, respecting my parents etc.)...Most palpatations are not life threatning, however, sometimes palpatation could be confused with a heart problem.....oh, and im 20 years old.

Can anyone give me some comfort? I always listen to punishment for bad people but not really a lot about good muslims etc.

Re: Angel Of Death - Islam question...

one sheikh explained it and it ws sed

tht a bad person- wen their soul is taken out it will be taken our roughly- like how u wud scrape a comb through cotton wool

but the gud person their sould will be taken out softly

the angels will all be wanting to carry the gud persons soul

but as for the bad one- they will not want to hold it

Allah swt is the most just, so if we are good humans then Inshallah Allah will not let tht escape...meaning he will give us our reward and there will be no harm to tht gud person inshallah

but we have to live in between fear and hope

we have to fear Allah swt but have to hope for his Mercy too

speak good or be silent the_middle_road's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ali_f View Post
    What I would like to ask from brother and sisters here is the pain of death....I understand that bad people suffer a horrible time with the angel of death.....But I don't know what will happen to a good muslim. Do good muslims feel the pain whilst the soul comes out?
    The evil and wicked people will have a painful terrible death. But those who do good will have an easy death.

If an unbelieving servant is more concerned with the worldly life than he is about the other life, tarfaced angels descend from the sky. These angels, who are carrying bad smelling fragrance, sit in near proximity to the dying unbeliever. Then the Angel of Death descends and places himself near the head of the unbeliever. The Angel of Death says: 'O bad soul! Come out to Allah's curse and anger.' The Prophet (p) said: The soul disperses in the dying person's body. The Angel of Death grabs the soul like a sufud (a piece of metal stuck in wet wool). The Angel of Death takes the soul without letting it stay in his hand for even an instance. Then the angels put a rough garment that smells bad on the deceased's soul. The soul comes out having a very foul smell.

If the believing servant refrains from coverting material things in his temporal life and desires the hereafter, white-faced angels descend from the sky. Their faces shine as brightly as the sun. They carry with them funeral garb and hanut (fragrance) from Heavan. They sit in near proximity to the dying person. The Angel of Death (may Allah bless him) comes and sits near the dying person's head, saying: O good soul, come out to Allah's mercy and forgiveness. The soul comes out like a drop of water being poured out. Then the Angel takes the soul, without letting it stand in his hand; releases it like a blink. The other angels take the soul and clothe it in funeral gard and hanut. From that soul comes the best smell, one resembling the best musk on earth.
    http://www.themodernreligion.com/death/every-soul.html
    "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
    (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

bro consider yourself lucky you get scared like that. most people "grow out of it" and so sin becomes easier for them.
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Quote Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
    bro consider yourself lucky you get scared like that. most people "grow out of it" and so sin becomes easier for them.
    True....however, I must admit that palpitations are very scary things to go through....The doctors say 'im fine', but i've heard stories of people who suddenly die after complaining about those symtoms...

Could anyone kindly give me some information about our prophet (SAW) around the time when he passed away? The moment of his death and so forth? Thank you.

speak good or be silent the_middle_road's Avatar

True....however, I must admit that palpitations are very scary things to go through....The doctors say 'im fine', but i've heard stories of people who suddenly die after complaining about those symtoms...

Could anyone kindly give me some information about our prophet (SAW) around the time when he passed away? The moment of his death and so forth? Thank you.
    Narrated 'Aisha (ra): When Allah's Apostle was in good health, he used to say, "No prophet's soul is ever captured unless he is shown his place in Paradise and given the option (to die or survive)." So when the death of the Prophet approached and his head was on my thigh, he became unconscious for a while and then he came to his senses and fixed his eyes on the ceiling and said, "O Allah (with) the highest companions." (See Qur'an 4:69). I said, "Hence he is not going to choose us." And I came to know that it was the application of the narration which he (the Prophet) used to narrate to us. And that was the last statement of the Prophet (before his death) i.e., "O Allah! With the highest companions."

(Sahih Bukhari)
    "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
    (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

I have a problem which is somewhat the opposite. Recently for some reason, I've become emotionless. Nothing makes me laugh anymore, I don't feel sad about anything, I'm not grossed out when I see disgusting things (I'm watching videos on youtube about surgery, and I don't feel anything). I see people at the masjid who cry when a Surah is being read, and I realize this won't happen to me.

What can I do?
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfn View Post
    I have a problem which is somewhat the opposite. Recently for some reason, I've become emotionless. Nothing makes me laugh anymore, I don't feel sad about anything, I'm not grossed out when I see disgusting things (I'm watching videos on youtube about surgery, and I don't feel anything). I see people at the masjid who cry when a Surah is being read, and I realize this won't happen to me.

What can I do?
    This helps:

The Purification of the Soul
    Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali, Ibn Al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya, and Abu Hamid al-Ghazali

tawhid,

that was a very good link, may Allah reward you with an abundance of good
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Heard reading surah Mulk, helped with not getting punishments in the grave.
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
    ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’

Salaam,

You should listen to this - it goes through everything in detail!

The Hereafter

In this series, the Imam vividly portrays the different phases the human soul passes through during its lifetime up to its death as well as the process of judgment of souls and the resulting eternal life in Heaven or Hell in the Hereafter. In breathtaking style the listener hears of the events that occur just before death and the events that come after it. The Imam gives a clear description about life in the grave, the horrors of the last day, the major and minor signs leading to the last hour and the day of resurrection. The Imam crowns this eloquently narrated lecture with the process of accountability and recompense. On the Day of Judgment those who pass the test will be rewarded with Paradise and those who fail will be rewarded with Hellfire.

Download

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Heard reading surah Mulk, helped with not getting punishments in the grave.
    So wait, even good muslims will recieve some sort of punishment in the grave?

No one can say for sure, but all the bad things someone does, if you go through the punishment of the grave the bad things are wiped.

And only prophets were sinless.

we should read surah mulk in between maghrib and ishaa, inshallah, surah mulk will take form and protect us from munkir and nakeer.

other things can protect us from punishment of grave also, our salah, good deeds, and most importantly dua.

So wait, even good muslims will recieve some sort of punishment in the grave?

Ibn Abbas (ra) narrated: ‘When Sa’d Ibn Muadh (ra) was buried, RasulAllah (saw) said the following near his grave: ‘If there were any who escaped the punishment of the grave that would be Sa’d Ibn Muadh (ra). The grave squeezed him first and then (let go) got wider (for him).” (Tabarani with sahih chain.) RasulAllah (saw) said: ‘If anyone could escape from the pressing-in of the grave it would be Sa’d Ibn Muadh (ra) but even he was pressed by his grave before he was released." (Tirmidhi, sahih)

If you want to read more in depth about death, grave, and the akhirah, please do visit this useful link inshaAllah:

Aakhirah -Ghayb -Qiyame -Al-Qadaa’ & Al-Qadar -Grave -Hereafter

You should be focusing your attention towards what comes after the punishment of the grave and even giving more importance on the topic of Tawhid. For those who have not lived in accordance to the kalimat Tawhid (even if he prayed, fasted, gave millions of dollars in charity) then he is eternally doomed in Hellfire and this is a one way ticked to this severe destination. No kafir nor mushrik will ever enter Paradise (unless the mushrik died before recieving the message of Islam and had no means to learn it, then Allah will test him in the akhirah, this hukm is also the same preferred view amongst the ulama regarding the children who die before puberty/accountability).

Ibn Taymiyyah (ra) stated: “Surely tawhid is the asl of iman. This is the alamati fariqa between the ahl jannah and ahl jahannam. It is the fee of jannah. For this reason no ones Islam without it will be correct.” (Fatawa, 24/235)

How many people today have really understood the meaning of Tawhid and how many are practising its hukm!? How many have legalized kufr/haraam for the temporary world? How many are decieving themselves... Allah (swt) states: “That is because they loved and preferred the life of this world over that of the Hereafter. And Allah does not guide the kafireen. (Al-Nahl: 107-109).

Ibn Taymiyyah (rh) said: “Whoever utters kufr without being forced to, he has indeed opened his breast to kufr.” (Majoo’ Al-Fatawa 7/599). And in (7/220) he says, “Whoever commits kufr without being forced to do so, he has indeed opened his breast to kufr.”

Not only for the protection of Life and property, but also for your salvation in the life to come, it is cruicial you are not ignorant of the fundamentals of Islam (Asludeen) and that you affirm these fundamentals by belief, statement and action. Ibn Taymiyyah has stated: “The salaf would say: Iman is knowing by heart, utterance by tongue and acting with the limbs.” (fatawa 7/144)

If you want to learn Asludeen (foundations of Islam) please carefully read and go through these links:

Ignorance -it is not an excuse!

Tawheed

May Allah give hidayah to those who are sincere