Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Note: All classes with the exception of the Mustalahul Hadeeth and the Tafseer Class will stop until after Eid Al-Adh'haa, and will resume on Monday 6th October 2014.

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Teeth hurt and feel loose

Every now and then, my teeth hurt and they feel a little loose.

Occasionally, I have a dream where my teeth fall out and when I wake up, my teeth are a little loose.

Does this happen to anybody else?
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Cinderella Love=illusion Rosalie-Beauty's Avatar

Re: Teeth hurt and feel loose

It may be that your grinding your teeth is your sleep. Many people have this problem and have to wear this mouth gaurd thing when they sleep. As for the dreams, it may be psychologically connected to the fact that you may be grinding your teeth in your sleep.

On the other hand, your gums may be weak. Do your gums ever bleed? Anyway, just to be safe, it would be best to visit the dentist.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosalie-Beauty View Post
    It may be that your grinding your teeth is your sleep. Many people have this problem and have to wear this mouth gaurd thing when they sleep. As for the dreams, it may be psychologically connected to the fact that you may be grinding your teeth in your sleep.

On the other hand, your gums may be weak. Do your gums ever bleed? Anyway, just to be safe, it would be best to visit the dentist.
    Yeah, my gums bleed. I think I need to brush my teeth more.
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfn View Post
    Yeah, my gums bleed. I think I need to brush my teeth more.
    It's possible that you may have gum disease. Brushing gums is also quite healthy. Especially with a miswak.

It's possible that you may have gum disease. Brushing gums is also quite healthy. Especially with a miswak.

My miswak stick has fungus growing on it.

I need to buy a new one.

My miswak stick has fungus growing on it.

I need to buy a new one.
    ewww you're supposed to wash the thing

My current one dried up while I was on vacation

ewww you're supposed to wash the thing

My current one dried up while I was on vacation

I did wash it. That's what caused the fungus. The overly-wet conditions.

hmm... that never happened to mine I wonder if it can happen to toothbrushes *goes to check*

Dont keep it overly wet, after you use it keep it upright in a dry place that way it'll stay moist but wont grow fungus and about your loose teeth, if you mean they feel loose after you give them a move with your fingers then theres nothin to worry about coz altho it feels that way it isnt actually the case as whats movin is the flesh on your fingers, i dunno if this makes sense just keep goin over it and besides your too young to be needin a set of false teeth already
    No time to sig

Odan

I don't think fungus would grow on it if it is wet for a day or less than a day (how it should be). That normally happens only when you leave your miswak for a few days or even weeks without using it in which case you probably need some disciplining . But I never heard of fungus growing on a miswak, looks new to me although I know they can grown on it.

Yes, you need to brush.

You also need to floss, as that is the major cause of bleeding gums - not flossing enough!!!

If your teeth are sore, try hydrogen peroxide. Hold a capful in your mouth for several minutes (the longer, the better) and just let your teeth soak in that. It helps gums and kills bacteria. (incidentally, you can soak your miswak stick in it to help kill the fungus too)
    I like to quote myself
    - nomoreillusions

Uh, you have gingivitis or a form of periodontal disease. Could be severe or mild, either way you need to go to the dentist to find out a treatment plan. You will probably need to find out if you need to replace any orthodontic appliances such as a night guard. You will probably be advised to get more regular cleanings, actually get a fresh cleaning at time of visit, you will most likely need to get a special mouth wash to clean out all of the bacteria until it is all clear.

In a healthy mouth, teeth and gums should not be bleeding, and nothing should be loose.

Hope this helps.

(Experience: 42 yrs old and no cavities, and mother is a hygienist)

Every now and then, my teeth hurt and they feel a little loose.

Occasionally, I have a dream where my teeth fall out and when I wake up, my teeth are a little loose.

Does this happen to anybody else?

i dont wake up with loose teeth alhamdulilah but ihave had dreams where someone is pulling my teeth out, and then there is a mess of blood and i wake up feeling my mouth lol

ps if you have an infection, then mouthwash wont do it, you may need abx but you need to go dentist and get checked out really
    Last edited by Slave4akhirah; 08-09-12 at 03:21 PM. Reason: dental advice lol

I had a presentation about this at school a while back. I suggest you buy dental floss and floss the betweens of your teeth. If there is very much blood or the floss seems to go very high up the gum, and repeat this every day for a week and if it still bleeds, you should probably hurry up and see a dentist.

Some dentists say that brushing (2 min with a toothbrush), flossing (sort of like sawing from side to side and slowly down or up ) and then using mouthwash (and spurting your mouth well) is the proper way to do it. Some say flossing last. I use mouthwash last because it seems it is less likely to lead to an infection.

You should also look at your gums if they are too red, swollen, etc.

You should also search the internet for the proper way to take care of your mouth.

You might also wash your mouth too much, which might also cause bleeding etc.

Dentist would be the best!
    Last edited by Kalikatu; 08-09-12 at 05:31 PM.

Account Disabled

Get an electric toothbrush. In UK you can get a good oralb one for about 25.