Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Tafseer Class, Tafseer Ibn Katheer, Saturday 6:30pm GMT (7:30pm BST/GMT+1) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

How hard is Plumbing?

If I want to do a plumbing course, whats the first step I should take. How hard is this line and any suggestions or personal experience. Please share.
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Re: How hard is Plumbing?

Not very hard at all, just ask all those dentists floating around on the board, they do pretty much the same thing
    ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
    a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
    worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
    a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
    and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
    (Three Men in a Boat)

My husbands friend is doing a plumbing course, it takes hard work and dedication but the results are worth it, you get a corgi registration and you run your own company the income is good and most countires will accept experienced trades men should you wish to emigrate.

you can do a course around your usual day job as well which is good.

bring back PAGAL LADOOOO

generally plumbing courses differ with time periods and prices. if you go to local college it will be cheap or free etc. but it will take 2 years to get you NVQ2, where as if you go to a private company its a lot sooner but it costs alot too, i think it ranges from 3-10k, thats for the working people who have little time in their hands. as for the CORGI, thats another seperate couple of years or even months depending how much your willing to pay.

The plumbing course overall is pretty easy only if your interested in it, if not your wasting your time, you'll get bored and you wont last long.
    Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority: their abode will be the Fire: And evil is the home of the wrong-doers. - 3.151

I know there is good income too. I always loved plumbing

sry dnt know, not my thing,
    ‘…Verily Allah sent the Messenger with the Deen of guidance and truth in order to dominate over all other Deens (i.e. religions; such as Christianity, Hinduism and Judaism and ideologies; such as capitalism and Communism) even if the idolaters dislike it…’

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Kasim2k7 View Post
    If I want to do a plumbing course, whats the first step I should take. How hard is this line and any suggestions or personal experience. Please share.
    First step is to find out about courses near you.
    Depends what you mean by plumbing. If you want to learn how to repair water pipes and change tap washers you can do it at night class. If you want to deal with heating systems, washing machines etc you'll have to do pretty long and complicated courses, qualify in how to deal with different types of boilers and do refreshers every year. A friend of mine is a plumber and has two sons; one did a Ph.D. and got a high-powered executive job, the other learned plumbing properly from his father and on courses. It took just about as long as his brother's education and they both earn about as much.

Account Disabled

Woaaa it's really good to be able to do plumbing, to fix your own, I wish I could do that. Not many people can do that..ahh i feel useless.

find a college that will take you on, it's a popular course so you probably be put on a waiting list.

Usually takes about 2 yrs to be qualified as plumber,also try finding someone who can teach you one 2 one, you'll learn faster and also you get the experience working on site, this is what most employers want. People who've got experience, it's not jus about getting the qualification you also need the on site experience.
    Last edited by Omar Mukhtar; 02-03-08 at 12:15 AM.

Thanks for the info. Jazakallah

Not sure what the demand is like in the UK but I know that over here, a plumber makes about $30-$50/hr if he is working for a union company. It's actually not that hard to do if you are halfways handy with tools. Mainly it is a lot of learning about what kind of materials can be used for different applications as well as memorizing stuff like fitting allowances.
    I generally do my own plumbing work unless it requires specialized tools that I don't have or can't manage to borrow.
    I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I?

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by ana_mujahid View Post
    sry dnt know, not my thing,
    You better becareful in the future, some women find men who cant even fix or change light bulb to be really really hmmm hmm hmm...not man.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
    You better becareful in the future, some women find men who cant even fix or change light bulb to be really really hmmm hmm hmm...not man.
    lol, i can do nearly everything a plumber does
    ‘…Verily Allah sent the Messenger with the Deen of guidance and truth in order to dominate over all other Deens (i.e. religions; such as Christianity, Hinduism and Judaism and ideologies; such as capitalism and Communism) even if the idolaters dislike it…’

I would like to install a bathroom in my currently bathroom-less cabin. I am having the septic (holding tank) put in with a stub up to the cabin. All relevant items (kitchen sink, bathroom sink, toilet, tub, water heater, pressure tank) will be along the same wall.

plumber fullerton

Uncle Kasim the plumber ?

Here's my vision: I go to the hardware store and get a bunch of those PVC pipe dealies and some funny shaped ones for good measure. I put on a bandana, yank up the wood floor, and start plumbing, whatever that entails.
    Replace Gas Furnace
    Last edited by stover; 15-12-12 at 01:58 PM.

4 year old thread people
    Ibn al Qayyim:

"If a man accuses a Muslim of nifaq or kufr from his own interpretation (based on Quran and sunnah) and out of anger for Allah, His messenger and His deen and not based on his desires, then in that case the takfir does not go back to him (if he is wrong), rather there is no sin in it, instead he may be rewarded based on his intentions and aims."

Zaad ul maad 3/372

i wonder if he ever became a plumber...
    Ibn al Qayyim:

"If a man accuses a Muslim of nifaq or kufr from his own interpretation (based on Quran and sunnah) and out of anger for Allah, His messenger and His deen and not based on his desires, then in that case the takfir does not go back to him (if he is wrong), rather there is no sin in it, instead he may be rewarded based on his intentions and aims."

Zaad ul maad 3/372

19. 14-08-13, 07:03 AM