Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

+ Reply to Thread
    salahquestion
    Guests

Exclamation jummah and zhur pray - clarify plzzzzz

i used to read jummah like this:

(im gonna list the whole thing so their is no confusion)

- arrive at the masjid and pray my 4 sunnah.
    - pray 2 fard jummah with the imam
    -pray 4 fard for zhur, 2 sunnah,2 nafl.

I was then told this is wrong and I should read like this:

-pray the 4 sunnah (this is NOT must)
    -pray 2 fard jummah
    -then pray 2 nafl

I am of the hanafi madhab if that helps..?

am I pray wrong?

Re: jummah and zhur pray - clarify plzzzzz

hanafi jumma..from kitaab

khutbah..wajib

4 sunnat e muakkada
    2 farz
    4 sunnat e muakkada
    2 sunnat
    2 nafl

ask poster "mullah din" too

and..askimam.org
    daruliftaa

Daydreamer

There is only one faard prayer per salaah.
    Jum'ah is in place of zuhr, not in addition to it so praying jum'ah which is faard for men replaces praying the 4 rak'ah faard of zuhr.
    As far as I know that is the case across all the madhabs?

Searching for Ilm...

It is the case for all Madhhabs.
    However should you miss the Both the rakas for Jumah then you have to pray four rakahs of Dhuhr in place of the Jumah.
    But in Hanafi if you get up to the Tashahud of Jumah you just need to complete the two rakas after the Imam completes.

speak good or be silent the_middle_road's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillity View Post
    There is only one faard prayer per salaah.
    Jum'ah is in place of zuhr, not in addition to it so praying jum'ah which is faard for men replaces praying the 4 rak'ah faard of zuhr.
    As far as I know that is the case across all the madhabs?
    This issue of praying Dhuhr after Jumu'ah comes from the fact that there should only be one Jumu'ah congregation per town. So what happens when this is not the case, i.e. more than one congregation prays Jumu'ah in the same town? Some people think that only the congregation which finishes the prayer first gets Jumu'ah and that the other one does not. That is why they pray Dhuhr afterwards as well, since they don't know if their congregation is the one which got the Jumu'ah. But most people follow the thinking that in most places it is not really feasible for there to be only one congregation, so that makes it OK for there to be seperate Jama'ahs and that all of them get Jumu'ah and there is no need to pray Dhuhr. Personally, I feel that the second view is the correct one.

I think it's something like that.
    "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
    (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

why only one per town? Where I live there are hundreds of thousands of people, almost all Muslims, there's a masjid or two or more in every neighbourhood - my husband goes to the big masjid just down the road for juma3a and the small masjid over the road for daily prayers, but there's an even bigger one a few blocks away which he prays at sometimes..... so yeah I guess the second opinion you said about it not being feasible to have just one juma3a per town would apply where I live!

Quote Originally Posted by dhakiyya View Post
    why only one per town? Where I live there are hundreds of thousands of people, almost all Muslims, there's a masjid or two or more in every neighbourhood - my husband goes to the big masjid just down the road for juma3a and the small masjid over the road for daily prayers, but there's an even bigger one a few blocks away which he prays at sometimes..... so yeah I guess the second opinion you said about it not being feasible to have just one juma3a per town would apply where I live!
    even here in uk there are 3 or 4 jummah salahs going on in different places, and acctually sometimes they do two in each masjid one in english one in arabic or urdu so everyone can benefit from the khutba

bring back PAGAL LADOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by THE PATH 2 View Post
    hanafi jumma..from kitaab

khutbah..wajib

4 sunnat e muakkada
    2 farz
    4 sunnat e muakkada
    2 sunnat
    2 nafl

ask poster "mullah din" too

and..askimam.org
    daruliftaa
    YOU'RE 100% CORRECT PATH 2.
    Maulana Hafeezud Din
    www.thenoor.tv / SHARI'AH COUNCIL MEMBER
    Birmingham, UK
    DON'T ASK WHO'S A GOOD MUSLIM? BE ONE YOURSELF!
    Teach PEACE! Teach ISLAM!

Searching for Ilm...

Quote Originally Posted by the_middle_road View Post
    This issue of praying Dhuhr after Jumu'ah comes from the fact that there should only be one Jumu'ah congregation per town. So what happens when this is not the case, i.e. more than one congregation prays Jumu'ah in the same town? Some people think that only the congregation which finishes the prayer first gets Jumu'ah and that the other one does not. That is why they pray Dhuhr afterwards as well, since they don't know if their congregation is the one which got the Jumu'ah. But most people follow the thinking that in most places it is not really feasible for there to be only one congregation, so that makes it OK for there to be seperate Jama'ahs and that all of them get Jumu'ah and there is no need to pray Dhuhr. Personally, I feel that the second view is the correct one.

I think it's something like that.
    That is strange. I have never heard of such a thing.
    But then this does bring in other issues doesn't it. Then you would have the issue of how large should a town really be and stuff like that. We pray Jumah in different mosques here and never Dhuhr after that in any one of the Masajids

Bringing Islam back ! Believer1984's Avatar

Nice thread !

Assalam o alikum,

Can any one tell me that if we can get jummah prayer than should we pray as dhur.

shy786
    Guests

Icon7 Learning How to pray Namaaz

Salaam,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me all the phrases you say when praying namaaz i wish to learn this.

etisham
    Guests

Icon7 Re: Learning How to pray Namaaz

Quote Originally Posted by shy786 View Post
    Salaam,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me all the phrases you say when praying namaaz i wish to learn this.
    Well, when you are about to start, you say " mae khasneet kur ta hoo iss namaz kee allah tala wasdeh WHAT EVER RAKAT moo ke ta khana kaba shariff. Allah Hu akbar"
    Then you read "sub hana kulla huma wa be hamd de ka wata bar ra kus mu ka wa la e la ha gey rook"
    Then you read the "Allumdu sharrif". After that you read surrah "Nass"
    Then you read "sub haa na rub be yill azzeem" 3 times.
    Then you say " saa mey allah hullemun hamada rub ba na wa la kul hum. Allahwho ukbar .
    Then you read subhana rub e yil allah 3 times.
    Then you read " ut ta hay ya tu" this is what it starts with, and you can find it in any kalimah book.
    Then you read " allah hum ma sul lee aya" again this is the begining of it and it van be found in a kallimah book.
    Then you read "rub be jull lill" this is the start of it, and you can find the rest of it in an islamic book shop. just ask them.
    Then you read" assa laat tu allay kum wa rah ma tulla" looking to the right.
    You then read the same looking to your left.

That is it.

That easy!!!

etisham
    Guests

Question Re: jummah and zhur pray - clarify plzzzzz

http://www.ummah.com/forum/images/ic...orum/images/ic Question
    Messagens/icon5.gif Question
    Title:
    Question
    Title:
    Question
    Title: