Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Tafseer Class, Tafseer Ibn Katheer, Saturday 6:30pm GMT (7:30pm BST/GMT+1) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Note: All classes are still on the old times of GMT, not GMT +1 a.k.a. BST, with the exception of the Tafseer Class, for that will be done at 7:30pm GMT, or 6:30pm GMT+1/BST

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother that which he loves for himself" (Bukhari)

bigring Ladies Only Gym Suitable For Muslim Women

Ladies Only Gym Suitable For Muslim Women

Contours Express Ilford offers a proven fitness programme that has helped many women achieve their fitness and weight loss goals. We are a strictly ladies only club with qualified sisters on hand to offer advice on diet and nutrition. This is a safe and secure environment within a fully equipped gym.

With its Cardiofit circuit and equipment, members can tone and strengthen all the major muscle groups, improve cardiovascular health and flexibility, while burning hundreds of calories as well. Sauna, showers and car parking facilities are available.

There is currently a free trial on offer.

For more information please contact Rukshana: Tel: 020 8911 0170 / E-mail: ilford@contoursexpress.co.uk / Address: Contours Express, 265-267 Ilford Lane, Ilford, IG1 2SD
    “The real prisoner is someone whose heart is imprisoned from his Lord; the true captive is someone captured by his passions.” (Ibn Taymiyyah)
    www.cageprisoners.com
    www.hhugs.org.uk

Gone with the wind... insomniac's Avatar

Re: Ladies Only Gym Suitable For Muslim Women

masha'Allaah

why's it always gota be in East London though

nice, it sounds like curves, an all ladies fitness program in the states only we don't get a sauna

Peace
    3:103 And hold fast, all together, unto the bond with God, and do not draw apart from one another. And remember the blessings which God has bestowed upon you: how, when you were enemies, He brought your hearts together, so that through His blessing you became brethren; and [how, when] you were on the brink of a fiery abyss. He saved you from it. In this way God makes clear His messages unto you, so that you might find guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
    masha'Allaah

why's it always gota be in East London though

its not actually east london... its technically essex!
    "For those who realise that everything is from Allah, everything is the same."
    ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by ajnabee View Post
    its not actually east london... its technically essex!
    lol.

ah man, thas even worse

(tooooooooo farrr out!)

so how come all these women only gyms and stuff are opening up everywhere? are we like getting fatter?
    ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

salaams

If anyone knows of a ladies only gymn - strictly ladies only - doenst have to be run by sisters but would be nice - in WEST LONDON pleeeeease let me know! I see all these great things in East London but its too far for me!! I need it in Ealing or Hounslow or near to those areas insha'allah cos I want to go after work and I cant be travelling far, espeically when its dark. I saw these classes called 'return of the ninjabi' self defence classes for sisters and they looked soooooo good but they were in east london again....surely there is something in west london?? I would like classes of some sort - yoga, self defence, martial arts, or even aerobics or dancing....just must be ladies only and preferably run by muslim sisters....o

anyone??

Jazak'allah khairun

Wasalaams

Quote Originally Posted by ajnabee View Post
    so how come all these women only gyms and stuff are opening up everywhere? are we like getting fatter?
    I reckon the non Muslims are also seeing the benefit of women only clubs - apparantly the adjoining gym to the school I work at has many women only sessions which are attended by the female teachers alhamdulillah

Nah, I think women are more comfortable in women only gyms. Mixed gyms usually have better equipment but most are for building muscle. I only want to stay fit and keep toned not look like gi jane

Peace
    3:103 And hold fast, all together, unto the bond with God, and do not draw apart from one another. And remember the blessings which God has bestowed upon you: how, when you were enemies, He brought your hearts together, so that through His blessing you became brethren; and [how, when] you were on the brink of a fiery abyss. He saved you from it. In this way God makes clear His messages unto you, so that you might find guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabr&Shukr View Post
    salaams

If anyone knows of a ladies only gymn - strictly ladies only - doenst have to be run by sisters but would be nice - in WEST LONDON pleeeeease let me know! I see all these great things in East London but its too far for me!! I need it in Ealing or Hounslow or near to those areas insha'allah cos I want to go after work and I cant be travelling far, espeically when its dark. I saw these classes called 'return of the ninjabi' self defence classes for sisters and they looked soooooo good but they were in east london again....surely there is something in west london?? I would like classes of some sort - yoga, self defence, martial arts, or even aerobics or dancing....just must be ladies only and preferably run by muslim sisters....o

anyone??

Jazak'allah khairun

Wasalaams

tell me about it - when you find one - leme know

Actually there are women only sessions in some gyms in the West London area - try Acton - will rep you another

Quote Originally Posted by Sabr&Shukr View Post
    salaams

anyone??

Jazak'allah khairun

Wasalaams

i think there's a higher concentration of muslims in the east and thats why businesses have nothing to risk catering for them.
    ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
    I reckon the non Muslims are also seeing the benefit of women only clubs - apparantly the adjoining gym to the school I work at has many women only sessions which are attended by the female teachers alhamdulillah
    Quote Originally Posted by peace2u View Post
    Nah, I think women are more comfortable in women only gyms. Mixed gyms usually have better equipment but most are for building muscle. I only want to stay fit and keep toned not look like gi jane

Peace

lol i was just joking. but thanx for the reponse!

im a regular gym go-er!
    ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

west London i think harrow must have some?? i know there is muslim women swimming in harrow anyway..
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.

“People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Daydreamer

I go to Whitechapel for mine, don't know of any Muslim gyms in other parts of London.
    I find the benefit of Hayaa Fitness (they have specific times when only women are allowed in) to be that although non-Muslims can use it, it isn't run by them so the changing/ shower facilities allow for privacy, they have rules on dressing modestly and they play nasheeds not music. It's a nice atmosphere, alhamdullilah.

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillity View Post
    I go to Whitechapel for mine, don't know of any Muslim gyms in other parts of London.
    I find the benefit of Hayaa Fitness (they have specific times when only women are allowed in) to be that although non-Muslims can use it, it isn't run by them so the changing/ shower facilities allow for privacy, they have rules on dressing modestly and they play nasheeds not music. It's a nice atmosphere, alhamdullilah.
    Pleaseeeeeeeee more gyms, i'm in the north of England
    your soooo lucky weve got nothing.......

CAREFUL SISTERS, WHEN I LIVED IN THE STATES WE HAD ALTERNATING WOMEN AND MENS DAYS AT OUR GYM BUT THIS DID NOT PREVENT THE MALE STAFF FROM SUDDENLY APPEARING IN YOUR FACE

but do you know that you shouldnt even get naked in front of a fellow woman unless in exceptional circumstances. Same with men getting naked in front of fellow men.

Quote Originally Posted by simplysumar View Post
    CAREFUL SISTERS, WHEN I LIVED IN THE STATES WE HAD ALTERNATING WOMEN AND MENS DAYS AT OUR GYM BUT THIS DID NOT PREVENT THE MALE STAFF FROM SUDDENLY APPEARING IN YOUR FACE
    That's what I like about curves, no male staff

Peace

Daydreamer

Or at Hayaa either- when it's womens sessions, they have sisters running the whole place.

Quote Originally Posted by shez View Post
    but do you know that you shouldnt even get naked in front of a fellow woman unless in exceptional circumstances. Same with men getting naked in front of fellow men.
    Yes but sis I don't think people go to the gym to exercise while naked ... insha Allah i am sure the awra is adequately covered, in the Muslim run gyms they put dresscode as a requirement for that?

~ Ibn Atallah

"None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother that which he loves for himself" (Bukhari)

Icon11 I thought that too...

Quote Originally Posted by .: Anna :. View Post
    Yes but sis I don't think people go to the gym to exercise while naked
    but perhaps they meant in the changing rooms or something
    “The real prisoner is someone whose heart is imprisoned from his Lord; the true captive is someone captured by his passions.” (Ibn Taymiyyah)
    www.cageprisoners.com
    www.hhugs.org.uk

Re: I thought that too...

oh okay yeah but most places they have cubicles aswell.
    altho @ swimming pool its gross how some ladies find it appropriate to go in the showers naked or half naked
    u can just go home n hav shower there instead n u will avoid that tho

~ Ibn Atallah

Daydreamer

Just found this on the Guardian and it ties in nicely with the Muslim women gym theme!

http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/...213945,00.html

alhumdulillah i have a womens gym right near me but i just cant afford it on a regualr basis and not worth me going only now and again
    For The Non-Muslims:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlMBkJme8J4The ProphetSAW sed, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim.Islam- Why Pay For The Disease,When The Cure Is Free

25. 20-11-07, 08:10 PM

Reason
    user request

there are many here in the US. Its like womens only gym and they have clear glass by the treadmills...
    Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

Re: I thought that too...

Quote Originally Posted by Nazias View Post
    but perhaps they meant in the changing rooms or something

at hayaa fitness they do have a rule that u cnt change in front of others and to dress modestly thats why they provide cubicles for changing in . also the showers are in cubicles too.
    Last edited by ajnabee; 20-11-07 at 09:44 PM.
    ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

im still trying to find out about their creche facilities but keeping getting the brothers wen i ring!
    For The Non-Muslims:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlMBkJme8J4The ProphetSAW sed, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim.Islam- Why Pay For The Disease,When The Cure Is Free

salam ,

r u sure that this gym is in ilford? cuzi have never seen it and on Contours actual website it is not there..

I go to Hayaa Fintess which is right next to East London Mosque, they have womens day as well

Quote Originally Posted by candle View Post
    salam ,

r u sure that this gym is in ilford? cuzi have never seen it and on Contours actual website it is not there..
    Salam. I was dying to get into this gym when my son starts nursery next week inshaallah, but it seems to have SHUT DOWN!

The phone number is out of order and the emails come back undelivered.

Bethnal Green and East London Mosque (and leyton) are just too far away from me and all there is the other way is Gymphobics in Romford.

Was so gutted when I found out, still looking on the net now for something.

Please let me know in you find anything in the area, Jzk

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.z View Post
    Salam. I was dying to get into this gym when my son starts nursery next week inshaallah, but it seems to have SHUT DOWN!

The phone number is out of order and the emails come back undelivered.

Bethnal Green and East London Mosque (and leyton) are just too far away from me and all there is the other way is Gymphobics in Romford.

Was so gutted when I found out, still looking on the net now for something.

Please let me know in you find anything in the area, Jzk
    salam ,

i tried the phone too and its not working... and ohh i didnt know about the one in romford ... it wont be too far from me .. thanx for that..

but i cnt find any infor about membership.. i guess i will have to visit ..

*sobs* I'm not allowed to go to one.

"He is the Ever-Forgiving, the All-Loving. "
    (85:14)

Quote Originally Posted by .: emerald :. View Post

*sobs* I'm not allowed to go to one.
    why?

Quote Originally Posted by candle View Post
    why?

its apparently a health hazard as well, don't ask sis lool

"He is the Ever-Forgiving, the All-Loving. "
    (85:14)

Quote Originally Posted by .: emerald :. View Post

its apparently a health hazard as well, don't ask sis lool
    lol , ok i wont ask..

cool
    we just got one recently in Dewsbury too
    i was gonna go but everyone shot me down saying did i want to fly away in a puff of wind or not
    but slim doesn't necessarily mean fit.

oh saunas? i wouldn't want to use the gym's sauna though...
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

doesnt fitness first in ilford have a womens only area?

and sometimes the benefits of larger gyms is that they have creche facilities and stuff, also all the newham leisure centres have women only sessions, east ham and atherton leisure centres are not too far from ilford

Problem with the ladies only sessions is that there is likely to be male staff still floating around - I want one where I can take off my hijab and where normal training clothes.

Also, Fitness First is too expensive and you have to do 12 months contract