Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Question Niyat for Jummah

Salam,

Can someone tell me how one would make niyat for jummah prayer in English? i.e. for the 4 rakats sunnate, 2 rakats fard, 4 rakats sunnate, 2 rakat sunnate, 2 rakat nafl?

For example for Fajr namaaz, one could say "I intend to pray 2 rakats sunnate of Fajr namaaz for Allah facing Kaba". For Jummah naamaz can one say the same but replace Fajr with Jummah and the number of rakats being offered? Or is niyat made differently?

TIA

Lightbulb Well.....

Intend to do sallah'tul Jumm'ah in your mind behind the Imam insha'allah and this should be sufficient.

Re: Niyat for Jummah

Thanks, so the same intention is made for all the rakats offered not just for the 2 rakats offered behind the Imam?

Post Bro.....

Quote Originally Posted by aw77 View Post
    Thanks, so the same intention is made for all the rakats offered not just for the 2 rakats offered behind the Imam?
    No brother- you have a different intention each time in accordance to the scenario. For the two rakah of sunnah you have it as two rakah of sunnah that you shall perform but NOT behind any Imam as you cannot pray sunnah sallah behind the Imam.

You have different nyah each time for all units of prayer according to the condition- if your praying the fardh behind an Imam eg. Maghrib than state in your mind that you are about to begin/join the three rakah of fardh (obligatory) sallah behind the Imam and pray.

After this when your about to pray the two rakah Maghrib sunnah sallah by yourself than make this a your nyah and pray insha'allah.

I hope this helps brother, Barak'allahu Feek.

May Allah (swt) accept and reward you for your prayers and du'a- Ameen.
    Last edited by Fudhayl; 15-12-06 at 05:14 PM.

Icon14 Re: Niyat for Jummah

Thanks again for the clarification. I understand the niyat for the 5 daily prayers. It was just the Jummah prayer that I was a little confused on....the units of prayers not behind the Imam...i.e. the two 4 sunnah units and one 2 sunnah units. Appreciate your responses.

Icon14 My pleasure.....

Quote Originally Posted by aw77 View Post
    Thanks again for the clarification. I understand the niyat for the 5 daily prayers. It was just the Jummah prayer that I was a little confused on....the units of prayers not behind the Imam...i.e. the two 4 sunnah units and one 2 sunnah units. Appreciate your responses.
    Khair brother- Barak'allahu Feek.

Happy praying insha'allah.

Question Re: Niyat for Jummah

Salam,

Can someone tell me the correct number of rakats are to be offered for Jummah prayer? I read in Ta'leemul Haq that
    one should offer 4 rakat sunnat, 2 rakat Fard in Congregation, 4 rakat sunnat, 2 rakat sunnat and then 2 rakat nafl.

However a colleague is telling me, its 2 rakat sunnat upon entering the mosque and then 2 rakat fard then 2 rakat sunnat. I'm south asian and he's saying that south asians followed the school of thought that recommended 14 rakats.

He also mentioned 2 tayaatul masjid upon entering the mosque..but I didn't quite finish the (IM) conversation...is that the 2 rakat sunnat upon entering the mosque? if so is there another additional 2 rakat sunnat before the 2 rakat fard in congregation?

There are couple of things one should know about Jummah Namaaz. In some cases even the Imam seems to have no knowledge on those things...
    As far as number if Riqats

1) 2 riqats nafil dakhilana masjid (if you are in an new mosque or a mosque of a different locality where you never go)
    2) 2 riqats fazr kaza (if your Namaz-E-Fazr was kaza)
    3) 2 riqats nafil (thanking Allah for the Wozu you performed for Jummah Namaaz)
    4) 2 riqats Dakhilana Juma (Offering yourself for Jummah Namaaz)
    5) 4 riqats sunnat (before Jummah Jamaat)
    6) 2 riqats fard-e ain (with Imam--Never say AMEEN loudly during Jamaat on completion of Sureh Fateha..i.e. Al-hamdu lillahi Rabb il-'alamin
    Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem
    Maliki yawmi-d-Din
    Iyya-ka na'budu wa iyya-ka nasta'in
    Ihdina-sirat al-mustaqim
    Sirat al-ladhina an'amta 'alai-him
    Ghair il-Maghdubi 'alai-him wa la-d-dallin...........AAMIN (just whisper..dont say loudly.)
    6) 4 riqats sunnat (after Jummah Jamaat)
    7) 2 sunnat
    8) 2 nafil

After this..tasvi...dua ..and Salaam to the best and the most beloved Hazrat Muhammad Sallalaho Alaihe wasallam.

Inshallah hope this helps..
    asalaamalaihum...
    Maslake AAlaa Hazrat..Zindabaad

StudentOfIslam

Re: Bro.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fudhayl View Post

...as you cannot pray sunnah sallah behind the Imam.

yes you can

StudentOfIslam

Quote Originally Posted by tawsif786 View Post
    Al-hamdu lillahi Rabb il-'alamin
    Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem
    Maliki yawmi-d-Din
    Iyya-ka na'budu wa iyya-ka nasta'in
    Ihdina-sirat al-mustaqim
    Sirat al-ladhina an'amta 'alai-him
    Ghair il-Maghdubi 'alai-him wa la-d-dallin...........AAMIN (just whisper..dont say loudly.)
    You actually have to say that loudly. See the book Siffatus-Salatun-Nabiyy written by sheikh Albani. There are authentic hadith on this issue.

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by MustafaMuazu View Post
    You actually have to say that loudly. See the book Siffatus-Salatun-Nabiyy written by sheikh Albani. There are authentic hadith on this issue.
    Not according to Hanafi fiqh, you just have to know what you are doing. We should be careful when giving verdicts to highlight form which fiqh perspective we are speaking.
    By Him in whose Hand is the Soul of Muhammad, there is not one from the nations of the Jews and the Christians who hears about me and then dies while he has not believed in what I have been sent with except that he will be one of the companions of the Fire”. (Reported by Muslim in kitaabul Imaan)
    www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

StudentOfIslam

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Not according to Hanafi fiqh, you just have to know what you are doing. We should be careful when giving verdicts to highlight form which fiqh perspective we are speaking.
    The 4 imams of the 4 schools of fiqh say one thing. That their school is the school of the prophet Muhammad SAW. If its from prophet Muhammad SAW then that's their school.

Trying to hide behind a fiqh perspective is one way of creating division amongst the ummah.

As you can see I didnt mention any fiqh perspective, I'm just saying there is a hadith on the issue, and I've told you where u can find it.