PDA

View Full Version : After Surah Fatiha in Salah...

*IslamicGirl*
24-03-05, 02:43 PM
:start:

:salams

Just interested which Surah's do people recite after Surah Fatiha, i always used to recite Surah Ikhlas but now try to recite others.

I want to recite Surah Yaseen, but i'm not sure how much of it i can recite, someone told me there's a rule that the surah you recite must be over 3 Ayahs long. could someone clarify this please?

Anyways just interested (and take some ideas too :) ) to which surahs other people recite. :)

Omar
24-03-05, 02:51 PM
:wswrwb:

http://www.sunnipath.com/images/Q_Image.jpgDuring prayer, when you recite surah fatiha in each rakah, do you recite a different surah too or can you just recite the same surah in each rakah after surah fatiha?

<!--webbot bot="PurpleText" PREVIEW="No Change from This Line" --> http://www.sunnipath.com/images/bism01.jpg
<!--webbot bot="PurpleText" preview="Bismillah Title goes here. DO NOT ERASE" -->
<!--webbot bot="PurpleText" PREVIEW="No Change upto This Line" --> http://www.sunnipath.com/images/A_Image.jpg

Assalamu alaykum

It is somewhat disliked (makruh tanzihan) to repeat the same sura in consecutive rakats of an obligatory prayer. It is not disliked to do so in a supererogatory prayer. [Ibn Abidin]

Sohail Hanif

Sunnipath (http://www.sunnipath.com/resources/Questions/qa00003705.aspx)

Omar
24-03-05, 02:53 PM
http://www.sunnipath.com/images/Q_Image.jpgI was told when I was taught to pray that, when reciting the surahs after Surah Fatihah that these surahs must be recited in the order that they are in the Qur'an. So that when reading 2 rak'as the first rak'a you could read Surah Al-Ikhlas and then the 2nd you would have to read Surah An-Nas or Surah Al-Falaq. Could your please clarify this.

<!--webbot bot="PurpleText" PREVIEW="No Change from This Line" --> http://www.sunnipath.com/images/bism01.jpg
<!--webbot bot="PurpleText" preview="Bismillah Title goes here. DO NOT ERASE" -->
<!--webbot bot="PurpleText" PREVIEW="No Change upto This Line" --> http://www.sunnipath.com/images/A_Image.jpg

In the name of Allah, most Gracious and Merciful

Assalamu Alaykum,

Reciting the suras in the order that they are in the Qur'an is necessary (wajib) in the obligatory prayer. Deliberately reciting in a reversed order is prohibitively disliked (makruh tahriman). It is also prohibitively disliked to deliberately leave out a sura between two suras. For example, if one recites surat al-Ikhlas in the first prayer cycle, than one must necessarily recite surat al-Falaq in the second prayer cycle. If one recites surat al-Masad instead, or surat al-Nas, than it would be prohibitively disliked (on the condition that one does so deliberately). This is because in the first example, one recites in reverse, and in the second example, one leaves out a sura (surat al-Falaq) between two suras. None of this is disliked in the voluntary (nafl) prayer. [Durr al-Mukhtar, Radd al-Muhtar, page 367 volume 1]

And Allah knows best

Fadi Qutub

Sunnipath (http://www.sunnipath.com/resources/Questions/qa00004715.aspx)

Zoobz
24-03-05, 03:13 PM
Salaam

According to the Ahnaaf;

One should recite the Tawaal-e-Mufassal surahs in salaatul Fajr and Dhuhr. These are from Surah Hujuraat (49) till Surah Burooj (juz amma).

In Maghrib, one should recite the Qasaar surahs, which are from Surah Zilzaal or Zalzalah till Surah Naas.

And in salaatul 'Asr and 'Ishaa', recite the surahs between Surah Taariq till Surah Bayyinah.

The above are only Masnoon and are in noway obligatory. Allahu 'A'alam

Z

Mr_Jailer
24-03-05, 03:41 PM
Whoa,

Masha'allah, I learnt somethin' new today.

I've read somewhere that the first rakat the surah has to be longer than the second...

Is there is a difference of opinion between different schools of thought?

Khuzamah
24-03-05, 03:54 PM
:start:

Just interested which Surah's do people recite after Surah Fatiha, i always used to recite Surah Ikhlas but now try to recite others.

I want to recite Surah Yaseen, but i'm not sure how much of it i can recite, someone told me there's a rule that the surah you recite must be over 3 Ayahs long. could someone clarify this please?

Anyways just interested (and take some ideas too :) ) to which surahs other people recite. :)

if u recite different suras its a good way 2 keep them more "fresh" in ur memory, like the ones i use in salah alot are much easier for me to recite, and if you dnt read certain ones in ur salah for a long time, when you go to recite them from memory, you'll have more problems with those particular suras..

Omar
24-03-05, 04:02 PM

Waathila (RA) relates that Rasulullah:saw:, said: 'I have been given (As Sab'at Tuwal) in lieu of the Torah, (Al Me'een) in lieu of the Psalms,(Al Mathaani) in lieu of the Bible, and (Al Mufassal) as a special favour for me'.

The first seven Surats are called 'As Sab'at Tuwal (the seven longest ones), the next eleven are called ' Al Me'een' (Surats consisting of about a hundred Aayaat each) the following twenty Surats are known as 'Al Mathaani' (oft repeated Surats), while all the remaining Surats are called 'Al Mufassal' (the explicit ones). It is Masnoon (Sunnat) to recite the 'Al Mufassal' Surats in the Fardh Salaat. These Surats are divided into three sections and are to be recited in the five Fardh Salaats as follows:

Fajr and Zuhr: (The lengthy ones of the Al Mufassal). These are from Suratul Hujuraat to Suratul Inshiqaaq

Asr and Esha: (The medium ones of the Al Mufassal). These are from Suratul Burooj to Suratul Qadr

Maghrib: (The short ones of the Al Mufassal). These are from Suratul Bayyinah to Suratun Naas

Kayled
24-03-05, 04:53 PM
Dear Sister,

From what I know is that you could just say a word from the quran after the Fatiha and it would be enough the more the better.. I have heard the it is better when reciting different Surahs that you go in the order of right to left in the quran.

+ (for men) when being the lead in a prayer reciting small surahs is better, remember there might be some of the prayers who might have certain conditions or needs to really get to something quick + old -elderly- people might be praying behind you.

Peace Out.

*Luqman*
24-03-05, 05:00 PM

It should be at least the size of the smallest Surah in the Quran i.e Surah Kauthar. That is approximately 3 ayahs of moderate length.

Kayled
24-03-05, 05:05 PM
It should be at least the size of the smallest Surah in the Quran i.e Surah Kauthar. That is approximately 3 ayahs of moderate length.
why is that?
It's clear that "...after surat al-fatiha read anything from the quran and after that Kaber and bow..."
thats what It literally said in the "fekeh book".

Peace Out.

SoulAsylum
24-03-05, 06:41 PM
Just thought id share this, but it was the sunnah of our prophet (pbuh) to recite Al-Kafiroon and Al- Ikhlaas in the 2 sunnah Mauikidaa of Fajr Salaat before the 2 fard.

Zoobz
24-03-05, 07:33 PM

Waathila (RA) relates that Rasulullah:saw:, said: 'I have been given (As Sab'at Tuwal) in lieu of the Torah, (Al Me'een) in lieu of the Psalms,(Al Mathaani) in lieu of the Bible, and (Al Mufassal) as a special favour for me'.

The first seven Surats are called 'As Sab'at Tuwal (the seven longest ones), the next eleven are called ' Al Me'een' (Surats consisting of about a hundred Aayaat each) the following twenty Surats are known as 'Al Mathaani' (oft repeated Surats), while all the remaining Surats are called 'Al Mufassal' (the explicit ones). It is Masnoon (Sunnat) to recite the 'Al Mufassal' Surats in the Fardh Salaat. These Surats are divided into three sections and are to be recited in the five Fardh Salaats as follows:

Fajr and Zuhr: (The lengthy ones of the Al Mufassal). These are from Suratul Hujuraat to Suratul Inshiqaaq

Asr and Esha: (The medium ones of the Al Mufassal). These are from Suratul Burooj to Suratul Qadr

Maghrib: (The short ones of the Al Mufassal). These are from Suratul Bayyinah to Suratun Naas

Jazakallahu Khairan for teh clarification..
I was nearly right :cool:

Zoobz
24-03-05, 07:38 PM
Just thought id share this, but it was the sunnah of our prophet (pbuh) to recite Al-Kafiroon and Al- Ikhlaas in the 2 sunnah Mauikidaa of Fajr Salaat before the 2 fard.

Yep :up:

and also, to read Kaafiroon and Ikhlaas in the two rakaats of Tahiyyatul Masjid.
I remember thinking why do people read tahiyyatul masjid quickly. Its mentioned in the hadith (im sure someone will find the refernece for it) that He (saw) advised to pray it fast. Fast yaanee read small surahs in it i guess.

Also for the witr salaah, Surahtul 'A'alaa in 1st raka'a', Kaafiroon in 2nd, and Ikhlaas in 3rd are recommended.

Baby Paw
24-03-05, 07:47 PM
I usually recite Surah Al-Falaq in 1st rakat and Surah Al-Nas in the 2nd rakat of Fard prayers. This is ok yeah? I prefer to pray these because I know there meanings so it enables me to help focus more on the prayer.

SoulAsylum
24-03-05, 08:35 PM
Yep :up:

and also, to read Kaafiroon and Ikhlaas in the two rakaats of Tahiyyatul Masjid.
I remember thinking why do people read tahiyyatul masjid quickly. Its mentioned in the hadith (im sure someone will find the refernece for it) that He (saw) advised to pray it fast. Fast yaanee read small surahs in it i guess.

Also for the witr salaah, Surahtul 'A'alaa in 1st raka'a', Kaafiroon in 2nd, and Ikhlaas in 3rd are recommended.

:up: Yep Zoobz, was gonna mention abt the surahs to recite in witr salaat but was'nt definite abt that.