PDA

View Full Version : 99 NAMES OF ALLAH WITH DEFINITION & BENEFITS

Shaolin's-Finest
29-01-05, 12:24 AM
99 NAMES OF ALLAH WITH DEFINITION & BENEFITS

Ar Rehman

(The Beneficent)

One who recites this name 100 times will get sharp memory.

Ya ‘Adl

(The Just)

One, who eats the bread after writing this name Friday night, will obey his order.

Ya ‘Afuw

(The Pardoner)

One who recites this name frequently, his sins will be pardoned.

Ya Ahad

(The One)

Recitation of this name 1000 times opens certain secrets.

Ya Akhir

(The Last)

One who recites this name frequently will lead a good life and at the end of this life will have a good death.

Ya-A‘Ali

(The Most High)

Frequent recitation of this name helps in destiny and in Traveling.

Ya Alim

(The All Knowing)

One who recites this name will become luminous and can be revealed by divine light (Noor).

Ya Awwal

(The First)

Recitation of this name, 1000 times for 40 Fridays will help in getting a child.

Ya Azeem

(The Great One)

One who recites this name frequently will get respect from others.

Ya ‘Aziz

(The Mighty)

Recite this name 40 times after fajr (morning) prayers for 40 days to be independent from need from others.

Ya Baatin

(The Hidden)

One who recites this name three times in a day will be able to see the truth in things.

Ya Badi

(The Incomparable)

One who recites this name 70 times will be free from all troubles.

Ya Baa’is

(The Resurrector)

One who recites this name will gain the fear of Allah.

Ya Baqi

(The Everlasting)

One who recites this name 100 times before sunrise will be saved from all disasters.

Ya Barr

(The Source of all Goodness)

One who recites this name for his child, the child will be free from misfortune.

Ya Basir

(The All Seeing)

One who recites this name 100 times after Friday Prayers (Namaz) will get the esteem in the eyes of others.

Ya Basit

(The Expander)

One who recites this name 10 times after morning Prayers (Namaz) with open hands will get wealth.

Ya Fattah

(The Opener)

One who recites this name will face the victory.

Ya Ghaffar

(The Forgiver)

One who recites this name, his sins will be forgiven.

Ya Ghafur

(The All Forgiving)

Recitation of this name helps in healing from headache, Fever & depression.

Ya Ghani

(The Self Sufficient)

One who recites this name will be contented and not covetous.

Ya Hadi

(The Guide)

One who recites this name frequently will gain spiritual knowledge.

Ya Hafiz

(The preserver)

One who recites this name 16 times each day will be protected against calamities.

Ya Hakam

(The Judge)

One who recites this name frequently at night, many secrets will be revealed to him / her.

Ya Hakeem

(The Wise)

One who recites this name continuously will prevent him / her from the difficulties in work.

Ya Haleem

(The Forbearing One)

Write this name on the piece of paper and put it where the seeds are sown, this will prevent from any disaster & calamity.

Ya Hamid

(The Praiseworthy)

One who recites this name will be loved and praised

Ya Haqq

(The Truth)

One who recites this name will get his lost thing.

Ya Haseeb

(The Reckoner)

One who starts reciting this name 70 times beginning Thursday for seven days and nights and at the 71st time recites "Habiyallah ul Hasib" will be free of fears from robbery & Jealousy.

Ya Hayy

(The Alive)

One who recites this name will have long life.

Ya Jaame

(The Gatherer)

One who recites this name will find lost things.

Ya Jabbar

(The Compeller)

Recitation of this name helps to prevent from violence, severity or hardness.

Ya Jaleel

(The Sublime One)

One, who writes this name on a piece of paper with musk and saffron, washes it, and drinks the water from a ceramic container made of earth, will be revered among men.

Ya Kabeer

(The Most Great)

One who recites this name 100 times will get esteem.

Ya Kareem

(The Generous One):

One who recites this name will have esteem in this world.

Ya Khabeer

(The Aware)

One who recites this name will be quickly freed from the bad habit.

Ya Khafid

(The Abaser)

Recitation of this name, 70,000 times in gathering after fasting for 3 days will be safeguarded from enemy.

Ya Khaliq

(The Creator)

Recitation of this name at night will create an angel.

Ya Bari

(The Evolver)

Recitation of each 21 times will help women during child birth.

Ya Musawwir

(The Fashioner)

Ya Latif

(The Subtle One)

One who recites this name 100 times after performing two rakats of Namaz will get all his desires fulfilled.

Ya Majeed

(The Noble)

One who recites this name, his heart will be enlightened.

Ya Majid

(The Most Glorious One)

One who recites this name will gain glory.

Ya Malik

(The Sovereign Lord)

One who recites this name frequently will be respected and treated accordingly by others.

Ya Malik-Al-Mulk

(The Eternal Owner of Sovereignty)

One who recites this name will get esteem.

Ya Maani

(The Preventer)

One who recites this name will have a good family life.

Ya Mateen

(The Firm One)

One who recites this name will be freed from any troubles.

Ya Mu’akhkhir

(The Delayer)

Reciting this name 100 times helps to love only Allah.

Ya Mubdi

(The Originator)

Recitation of this name on pregnant woman will prevent her from abortion.

Ya Mughni

(The Enricher)

One who recites this name 10 times for 10 Fridays will become self sufficient.

Ya Muhaymin

(The Protector)

One who recites this name with complete ablution, their inner being will be luminous.

Ya Muhsi

(The Reckoner)

One who recites this name 1000 times will have easiness on the judgment day.

Ya Muhyi

(The giver of life)

One who recites this name will be helped in heavy burden.

Ya Mur’id

(The Restorer)

Recitation of this name 70 times will helpful in safe return of the missing person.

Ya Mu’izz

(The Honourer)

Reciting 140 times after isha prayer will help in attaining dignity in the eyes of others.

Ya Mujib

(The Responsive)

Recitation of this name will fulfill appeals.

Ya Mu’min

(The Guardian of Faith)

One who recites this name will be free from any harm.

Ya Mumit

(The Creator of Death)

One who recites this name will be prevented from enemy.

Ya Muntaqim

(The Avenger)

One who recites this name frequently will be victorious against his enemies.

Ya Muqaddim

(The Expediter)

Recitation of this name is helpful in the battlefield

Ya Muqit

(The maintainer)

One who recites this name on a glass of water and gives this water to bad mannered child, it will help the child in attaining good manners.

Ya Muqsit

(The Equitable)

One who recites this name will be free from the harm of the devil.

Ya Muqtadir

(The Powerful)

Recitation of this name helps to know the truth.

Ya Muta’ali

(The Most Exalted)

One who recites this name frequently will gain the benevolence of Allah.

Ya Mutakabbir

(The Majestic)

Recitation of this name before having intercourse with wife will be blessed with righteous child.

Ya Muzill

(The Dishonourer)

One who recites this name 75 times will be prevented from jealousy.

Ya Naafi

(The Propitious)

One who recites this name continuously for four days will be prevented from any harm.

Ya Nur

(The Light)

One who recites this name will have inner light.

Ya Qabiz

(The Constrictor)

One who writes this name on 50 pieces of food (fruit, bread, etc) for 40 days will receive ample sustenance.

Ya Qadir

(The Able)

Recitation of this name helps in fulfilling one’s desires.

Ya Qahhar

(The subduer)

One who recites this name will be made free from the attractions of the world and gain inner peace.

Ya Qawi

(The most Strong)

One, who recites this name with the intention of not being harmed, will be safe from his enemy.

Ya Qayyum

(The Self Subsisting)

One who recites this name will not fall into inadvertency.

Ya Quddus

(The Holy)

One who recites 100 times every day will be free from anxiety.

Ya Raafi

(The Exalter)

Reciting this name 100 times during day and night will make the person higher and rich.

Ya Raheem

(The Merciful)

One who recites this name seven times will be under Allah’s protection.

Ya Raqeeb

(The Watchful)

One who recites this name seven times will be under Allah’s protection.

Ya Rashid

(The Guide to the Right Path)

One who recites this name 1000 times between Maghrib and Isha Namaz will be safe from troubles.

Ya Ra’uf

(The Compassionate)

Recitation of this name gives the blessing of Allah.

Ya Razzaq

(The Provider)

One who recites this name will be provided with sustenance from Allah.

Ya Sabur

(The Patient)

One who recites this name 3000 times will be rescued from any difficulty.

Ya Salaam

(The Source of Peace)

One who recites this name 160 times to a sick person will regain health.

Ya Samd

(The Eternal)

One who recites this name frequently will be helped in need.

Ya Samii

(The Al Hearing)

One who recites this name 100 times without speaking to anyone on Thursday after the Zuhr prayer, Allah will bestow on him / her any desire.

Ya Shaahid

(The Witness)

One who recites this name will get obedient child.

Ya Shakur

(The Appreciative)

Recitation of 41 times will help in healing from depression.

Ya Tawwab

(The Acceptor of Repentance)

One who recites this name frequently, his repentance will be accepted.

Ya Waali

(The Governor)

One who recites this name and breathes it into his house, his house will be free from danger.

Ya Wali

(The Protecting Friend)

One who recites this name will be the protected one

Ya Wadud

(The loving)

Reciting this name 1000 times on food before eating will help in making compromise between two persons.

Ya Wahhab

(The Bestower)

One who recites this name 100 times after two rakats of Namaz will get all needs fulfilled.

Ya Wahid

(The Unique)

One who recites this name alone and in a quiet place will be free from fear and delusion.

Ya Wajid

(The Finder)

One who recites this name will have richness of heart.

Ya Wakeel

(The Trustee)

Ya Warris

(The Supreme Inheritor)

Ya Wasi

(The All Embracing)

Recitation of this name will eradicate poverty.

Ya Zaahir

(The Manifest)

One, who recites this name 15 times after Friday prayer, will get divine light in his heart.

Ya Zaarr

(The Distresser)

One who recites this name will gain status.

Ya Zul Jalal Wal Ikram

(The Lord of Majesty and Bounty)

One who recites this name frequently will get good wealth.

Baby Paw
29-01-05, 09:57 AM
Cool, thanks for that. May Allah reward you and your family in this life time and in the next. Insha'Allah, Ameen.

Indeed it is Allah Almighty alone who grants victory and success.

Allah knows best.

Shaolin's-Finest
29-01-05, 01:55 PM
Jazak'Allah Bro. May Allah (S.w.t) Shower his blessings and mercy upon you and your family.ameen.

Jam
29-01-05, 02:07 PM
:salams

:jkk: they are indeed most beautiful and magnificent names. But did you know that the number "99" is actually a widely held misconception?

I remember listening to one of Dr Zakir Naik's lectures in which his research shows Allah Subhanahu'Wa'Tala actually has more names than 99 - and this was confirmed by a couple of other Sheikhs who mentioned this during a Q&A session on the Islam Channel and a few other lectures I have seen.

Still, it is most beneficial to ponder and reflect upon these unique and amazing qualities of the Lord of the Worlds. :D

:wswrwb:

LoveIslam
31-01-05, 10:11 PM

:jkk: they are indeed most beautiful and magnificent names. But did you know that the number "99" is actually a widely held misconception?

I remember listening to one of Dr Zakir Naik's lectures in which his research shows Allah Subhanahu'Wa'Tala actually has more names than 99 - and this was confirmed by a couple of other Sheikhs who mentioned this during a Q&A session on the Islam Channel and a few other lectures I have seen.

Still, it is most beneficial to ponder and reflect upon these unique and amazing qualities of the Lord of the Worlds. :D

:wswrwb:As-salaam Alikum wa Rahamtu Allah wa Barakatuh,

Question #41003: The Names of Allaah are not limited to ninety-nine

Question :

Are there only ninety-nine names of Allaah, or are there more than that?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

Al-Bukhaari (2736) and Muslim (2677) narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah has ninety-nine names, one hundred less one. Whoever learns them will enter Paradise.”

Some of the scholars (such as Ibn Hazm – may Allaah have mercy on him) understood this hadeeth as meaning that the names of Allaah are limited to this number. See al-Muhalla, 1/51

But what Ibn Hazm said is not supported by the majority of scholars. Rather some of them (such as al-Nawawi) narrated that the scholars are agreed that the names of Allaah are not limited to this number. It seems that they regarded the view of Ibn Hazm as odd and as something that should not be paid any attention.

In support of the view that the beautiful names of Allaah are not limited to this number, they quoted the report narrated by Ahmad (3704) from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no-one who is afflicted by distress and grief, and says: ‘Allaahumma inni ‘abduka ibn ‘abdika ibn amatija naasyati bi yadika, maada fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka. As’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghayb ‘indaka an taj’al al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’ huzni wa dhihaab hammi (O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your maidservant; my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You have named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the Unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety),’ but Allaah will take away his distress and grief, and replace it with joy.” He was asked: “O Messenger of Allaah, should we learn this?” He said: “Of course; everyone who hears it should learn it.”

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 199.

The phrase “or You have preserved in the knowledge of the Unseen with You” indicates that there are beautiful names of Allaah that He has kept with Him in the knowledge of the Unseen, and which none of His creation has come to know. This indicates that there are more than ninety-nine Names.

Shaykh al-Islam said concerning this hadeeth in [i]Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (6/374):

This indicates that Allaah has more than ninety-nine names.

And he said (22/482):

Al-Khattaabi said: This indicates that He has names that He has preserved with Him, and that indicates that the words “Allaah has ninety-nine names, whoever learns them will enter Paradise” mean that there are ninety-nine of His names which whoever learns them will enter Paradise. This is like saying, “I have one thousand dirhams which I have prepared to give in charity,” even if his wealth is greater than that. In the Qur’aan Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (all) the Most Beautiful Names belong to Allaah, so call on Him by them”

[al-A’raaf 7:180]

Allaah has commanded us to call upon Him by His names in general terms, He did not say that He has only ninety-nine names.

Al-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) stated in Sharh Saheeh Muslim that the scholars were unanimously agreed on that, and he said:

The scholars are unanimously agreed that this hadeeth does not mean that Allaah has only ninety-nine names, or that He does not have any other names apart from these ninety-nine. Rather what the hadeeth means is that whoever learns these ninety-nine will enter Paradise. The point is that one may enter Paradise by learning them, not that the number is limited to these names.

And Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was asked about that and replied:

The names of Allaah are not limited to a certain number. The evidence for that is the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the saheeh hadeeth: “O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave… I ask You by every name belonging to You which You have named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the Unseen with You.”

What Allaah has preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with Him cannot be known and what is not known is unlimited.

With regard to the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Allaah has ninety-nine names, one hundred less one. Whoever learns them will enter Paradise,” this does not mean that He does not have any names apart from these, rather it means that whoever learns these ninety-nine of His names will enter Paradise. This is like when the Arabs say: “I have one hundred horses which I have prepared for jihad for the sake of Allaah,” which does not mean that the speaker has only these hundred horses, rather these hundred are prepared for this purpose.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 1/122.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com (http://www.islam-qa.com/))

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=41003&dgn=4

LoveIslam
31-01-05, 10:25 PM
99 NAMES OF ALLAH WITH DEFINITION & BENEFITS As-salaam Alikum wa Rahamatu Allah wa Barakatuh,

Brothers and sisters in Islam, I have to bring it to your attention that this has been circulating around for some time and I have a hard copy of it, however there is NO truth to it and it is NOT authenticate at all.

Please try to stay away from bid'ah (innovations) such as this as it very serious sin.

Please read the following Fatwa regarding bid’ah and shirk:

Question #10843: Detailed discussion of bid’ah and shirk

Question :

can we call people who do shirk and bid'ah muslims? Answer :
This question involves two issues, bid’ah (innovation) and shirk (polytheism, association of others with Allaah).

A. Bid’ah.

This issue may be divided into three topics:

1. Definition of bid’ah 2. Categories of bid’ah 3. Rulings on one who commits bid’ah – does that make him a kaafir or not?

1. Definition of bid’ah.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “According to sharee’ah, the definition is ‘Worshipping Allaah in ways that Allaah has not prescribed.’ If you wish you may say, ‘Worshipping Allaah in ways that are not those of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or his rightly guided successors (al-khulafaa’ al-raashidoon).’”

The first definition is taken from the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“Or have they partners with Allaah (false gods) who have instituted for them a religion which Allaah has not ordained?” [al-Shooraa 42:21]

The second definition is taken from the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who said:

“I urge you to adhere to my way (Sunnah) and the way of the rightly-guided successors (al-khulafa’ al-raashidoon) who come after me. Hold fast to it and bite onto it with your eyeteeth , and beware of newly-invented matters.”

So everyone who worships Allaah in a manner that Allaah has not prescribed or in a manner that is not in accordance with the way of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or his rightly-guided successors (al-khulafa’ al-raashidoon), is an innovator, whether that innovated worship has to do with the names and attributes of Allaah, or to do with His rulings and laws.

With regard to ordinary matters of habit and custom, these are not called bid’ah (innovation) in Islam, even though they may be described as such in linguistic terms. But they are not innovations in the religious sense, and these are not the things that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was warning us against.

And there is no such thing in Islam as bid’ah hasanah (good innovation).”

(Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, vol. 2, p. 291)

2. Categories of bid’ah

Bid’ah may be divided into two categories:

(i) bid’ah which constitutes kufr

(ii) bid’ah which does not constitute kufr

If you ask, what is the definition of bid’ah which constitutes kufr and that which does not constitute kufr?

The answer is:

Shaykh Haafiz al-Hukami (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “The kind of bid’ah which constitutes kufr is when one denies a matter on which there is scholarly consensus, which widely-known, and which no Muslim can have any excuse for not knowing, such as denying something that is obligatory, making something obligatory that is not obligatory, or making something haraam halaal, or making something halaal haraam; or believing some notion about Allaah, His Messenger and His Book when they are far above that, whether in terms of denial of affirmation – because that means disbelieving in the Qur’aan and in the message with which Allaah sent His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Examples include the bid’ah of the Jahamiyyah, who denied the attributes of Allaah; or the notion that the Qur’aan was created; or the notion that some of the attributes of Allaah were created; or the bid’ah of the Qadariyyah who denied the knowledge and actions of Allaah; or the bid’ah of the Mujassimah who likened Allaah to His creation… etc.

The second category, bid’ah which does not constitute kufr, is defined as that which does not imply rejection of the Qur’aan or of anything with which Allaah sent His Messengers.

Examples include the Marwaani bid’ahs (which were denounced by the greatest Sahaabah who did not approve of them, although they did not denounce them as kaafirs or refuse to give them bay’ah because of that), such as delaying some of the prayers until the end of the due times, doing the Eid khutbah before the Eid prayer, delivering the khutbah whilst sitting down on Fridays, etc.

(Ma’aarij al-Qubool, 2/503-504)

3- The ruling on one who commits bid’ah – is he regarded as a kaafir or not?

The answer is that it depends.

If the bid’ah constitutes kufr, then the person is one of the following two types:

(i) Either it is known that his intention is to destroy the foundations of Islam and make the Muslims doubt it. Such a person is definitely a kaafir; indeed, he is a stranger to Islam and is one of the enemies of the faith.

(ii) Or he is deceived and confused; he cannot be denounced as a kaafir until proof is established against him, fair and square.

If the bid’ah does not constitute kufr, then he should not be denounced as a kaafir. Rather, he remains a Muslim, but he has done a gravely evil action.

If you ask, how should we deal with those who commit bid’ah?

The answer is:

Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “In both cases, we have to call these people – who claim to be Muslim but who commit acts of bid’ah which may constitute kufr or may be less than that – to the truth, by explaining the truth without being hostile or condemning what they are doing. But once we know that they are too arrogant to accept the truth – for Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning), ‘And insult not those whom they (disbelievers) worship besides Allaah, lest they insult Allaah wrongfully without knowledge.’ [al-An’aam 6:108] – if we find out that they are stubborn and arrogant, then we should point out their falsehood, because then pointing out their falsehood becomes an obligation upon us.

With regard to boycotting them, that depends upon the bid’ah. If it is a bid’ah which constitutes kufr, then it is obligatory to boycott the person who does it. If it is of a lesser degree than that, then it is essential to examine the situation further. If something may be achieved by boycotting the person, then we do it; if no purpose will be served by it, or if it will only make him more disobedient and arrogant, then we should avoid doing that, because whatever serves no purpose, it is better not to do it. And also in principle it is haraam to boycott a believer, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘It is not permissible for a man to forsake [not speak to] his brother for more than three [days].’”

(Adapted from Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, vol. 2, p. 293)

B. Shirk, its types and the definition of each

Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

“Shirk is of two types, major shirk which puts a person beyond the pale of Islam, and lesser shirk.”

The first type, major shirk, is “Every type of shirk which the Lawgiver described as such and which puts a person beyond the pale of his religion” – such as devoting any kind of act of worship which should be for Allaah to someone other than Allaah, such as praying to anyone other than Allaah, fasting for anyone other than Allaah or offering a sacrifice to anyone other than Allaah. It is also a form of major shirk to offer supplication (du’aa’) to anyone other than Allaah, such as calling upon the occupant of a grave or calling upon one who is absent to help one in some way in which no one is able to help except Allaah.

The second type is minor shirk, which means every kind of speech or action that Islam describes as shirk, but it does not put a person beyond the pale of Islam – such as swearing an oath by something other than Allaah, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that whoever swears an oath by something other than Allaah is guilty of kufr or shirk.”

The one who swears an oath by something other than Allaah but does not believe that anyone other than Allaah has the same greatness as Allah, is a mushrik who is guilty of lesser shirk, regardless of whether the one by whom he swore is venerated by people or not. It is not permissible to swear by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), or by the president, or by the Ka’bah, or by Jibreel, because this is shirk, but it is minor shirk which does not put a person beyond the pale of Islam.

Another type of minor shirk is showing off, which means that a person does something so that people will see it, not for the sake of Allaah.

The ways in which showing off may cancel out acts of worship are either of the following:

The first is when it is applies to an act of worship from the outset, i.e., the person is not doing that action for any reason other than showing off. In this case, the action is invalid and is rejected, because of the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah which was attributed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), which says that Allaah said, “I am so self-sufficient that I am in no need of having an associate. Thus he who does an action for someone else’s sake as well as Mine will have that action renounced by Me to him whom he associated with Me.”

(Narrated by Muslim, Kitaab al-Zuhd, no. 2985)

The second is when the showing off happens later on during the act of worship, i.e., the action is originally for Allaah, then showing off creeps into it. This may be one of two cases:

The first is when the person resists it – this does not harm him.

For example, a man has prayed a rak’ah, then some people come along during his second rak’ah and it occurs to him to make the rukoo’ or sujood longer, or makes himself weep, and so on. If he resists that, it does not harm him, because he is striving against this idea. But if he goes along with that, then every action which stemmed from showing off is invalid, such as if he made his standing or prostration long, or he made himself weep – all of those actions will be cancelled out. But does this invalidation extend to the entire act of worship or not?

We say that either of the following must apply:

Either the end of his act of worship was connected to the beginning (with no pause); so if the end of it is invalidated then all of it is invalidated.

This is the case with the prayer – the last part of it cannot be invalidated without the first part also being invalidated, so the whole prayer is invalid.

Or if the beginning of the action is separate from the end of it, then the first part is valid but the latter part is not. Whatever came before the showing off is valid, and what came after it is not valid.

An example of that is a man who has a hundred riyals, and gives fifty of them in charity for the sake of Allaah with a sound intention, then he gives fifty in charity for the purpose of showing off. The first fifty are accepted, and the second fifty are not accepted, because the latter is separate from the former.”

[i]Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Rasaa’il Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, and al-Qawl al-Mufeed Sharh Kitaab al-Tawheed, vol. 1, p. 114, 1st edition

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com (http://www.islam-qa.com/))http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=10843&dgn=4

craig
01-02-05, 09:26 AM
Shaolin's-Finest]Ya ‘Afuw

(The Pardoner)

One who recites this name frequently, his sins will be pardoned. [/font]

Hello All, i'm a bit stumped by this and hence need some help on this...
if i recite the above name frequently my sins will be pardoned?
so where does the application of good deeds and bad deeds come in knowing that i could easily clear this up by reciting the above name?
if the prophet Mohammed(PBUH) was meant to have this prescribed from God, surely he must have recited this a couple of times and have his sins forgiven him thus giving him the license (the right to get to heaven). however i read somewhere ...where the prophet Mohammed was unsure of his destiny...

would appreciate a response.

Stay Blessed

Shaolin's-Finest
01-02-05, 08:58 PM
Hello Craig

so where does the application of good deeds and bad deeds come in knowing that i could easily clear this up by reciting the above name?

It is all based around the intention. People who read this and then intend to commit the sin or other sins again and expect them to be pardoned when they read this again, their sins will not be forgiven. But If they read it with sincerity and devotion and will try their best not to commit the sin again then they will be pardoned. For instance, people who do good deeds just to show off infront of their friends, their deeds will not be accepted, but if they do it for the sake of Allah then it will be accepted. Another example; those who give charity just to show off their wealth that charity will not be accepted, but the ones who do it for the sake of Allah, their charity will be accepted.

however i read somewhere ...where the prophet Mohammed was unsure of his destiny...
No one except Allah has knowledge of the unseen. Remember, Muhammed (Peace and blessings be upon him) was only a messsenger.

AmarZ
15-02-05, 10:44 PM
thanks i really needed it

Arsalan
17-05-05, 03:40 PM
Salam does anyone know where i can download mp3 format of the recitaiton of the 99 names of Allah swt ??

Arsalan
17-05-05, 04:16 PM
Salam found it you can listen or download to the 99 names of Allah swt that are mentioned in Quran here

http://radio.indymedia.org/news/2005/02/3740_comment.php

Saifullah
17-05-05, 05:35 PM
Dikhr of Allah is bid'ah?!

This is new to me ... how very strange! :wacko:

muslimaah
17-05-05, 08:34 PM
LOL saif u make me laff

Ahmadahson
25-10-07, 02:55 AM
Can someone please help me. I need to know what ahmad ahson means and I know what ahmad means which is praise but im not sure about ahson. If you know please help me by 10-25-07 at 5. Thank you very much.

Mullah_Din
25-10-07, 05:10 PM

:wswrwb:

Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuh

Shaykh Jalal ud Din (Alayhi Rahmah) in his book, AL ITQAAN FEE ULOOM UL QUR'AN writes that Allah Taa'la has 3000 names.

1000 known by the Ambiyaa (Alay Himussalaam)
1000 known by the angels
300 mentioned in the Injeel
300 mentioned in the Zaboor
300 mentioned in the Tauraat
99 mentioned in the Holy Qur'an
1 known as the Ism-E-A'azam

Wassalaam Ma'al Ikraam,

Maulana Hafeezud Din
BIRMINGHAM, UK

zay_1982
25-10-07, 05:18 PM
asalmaualykum jazakallah kaian for that i really loved to learn the 99 names of allah im so happy that some one posted this

Fudhayl
25-10-07, 06:30 PM
Jezak'allah for sharing this.

99 NAMES OF ALLAH WITH DEFINITION & BENEFITS

Ar Rehman

(The Beneficent)
One who recites this name 100 times will get sharp memory.
Just a question I had for a while, ever since some brother gave me a pocket size book of Allah's ninety nine names- that too had descriptions of the benefits saying either recite this name or others 100 times or 300 times, etc. but there was no actual proof that by doing so such and such would happen as stated. :confused:

Sure the author claims either your wealth will increase or you will get better memory, etc. but these are just claims without citing any source. I have no problem accepting that indeed some benefit will occur by mentioning Allah's name and such and such will occur if only some proof is given for such huge claims but there are no hadith or scholarly opinions ever given for this in any website or book where as books such as al Mauthurat and Hisnul Muslim not only provide the dhikr (be they the morning and evening adkhar or other) they give info. as to the benefit and also state the evidence in quoting the hadith or ayah from Qur'an.

Arsalan
04-09-11, 03:37 PM
JazakAllah khair

(bump)