PDA

View Full Version : Ladies Only Gym Suitable For Muslim Women

Nazias
17-11-07, 11:28 PM
Ladies Only Gym Suitable For Muslim Women

Contours Express Ilford offers a proven fitness programme that has helped many women achieve their fitness and weight loss goals. We are a strictly ladies only club with qualified sisters on hand to offer advice on diet and nutrition. This is a safe and secure environment within a fully equipped gym.

With its Cardiofit circuit and equipment, members can tone and strengthen all the major muscle groups, improve cardiovascular health and flexibility, while burning hundreds of calories as well. Sauna, showers and car parking facilities are available.

There is currently a free trial on offer.

For more information please contact Rukshana: Tel: 020 8911 0170 / E-mail: ilford@contoursexpress.co.uk / Address: Contours Express, 265-267 Ilford Lane, Ilford, IG1 2SD

insomniac
17-11-07, 11:29 PM
masha'Allaah

why's it always gota be in East London though :(

peace2u
17-11-07, 11:31 PM
nice, it sounds like curves, an all ladies fitness program in the states only we don't get a sauna :(

Peace

ajnabee
17-11-07, 11:32 PM
masha'Allaah

why's it always gota be in East London though :(

its not actually east london... its technically essex!

insomniac
17-11-07, 11:32 PM
its not actually east london... its technically essex!

lol.

ah man, thas even worse :(

(tooooooooo farrr out!)

ajnabee
17-11-07, 11:40 PM
so how come all these women only gyms and stuff are opening up everywhere? are we like getting fatter? :scratch:

Sabr&Shukr
17-11-07, 11:42 PM
salaams

If anyone knows of a ladies only gymn - strictly ladies only - doenst have to be run by sisters but would be nice :) - in WEST LONDON pleeeeease let me know! I see all these great things in East London but its too far for me!! I need it in Ealing or Hounslow or near to those areas insha'allah cos I want to go after work and I cant be travelling far, espeically when its dark. I saw these classes called 'return of the ninjabi' self defence classes for sisters and they looked soooooo good but they were in east london again....surely there is something in west london?? I would like classes of some sort - yoga, self defence, martial arts, or even aerobics or dancing....just must be ladies only and preferably run by muslim sisters....o

anyone??

Jazak'allah khairun

Wasalaams

insomniac
17-11-07, 11:42 PM
so how come all these women only gyms and stuff are opening up everywhere? are we like getting fatter? :scratch:

I reckon the non Muslims are also seeing the benefit of women only clubs - apparantly the adjoining gym to the school I work at has many women only sessions which are attended by the female teachers :) alhamdulillah

peace2u
17-11-07, 11:43 PM
Nah, I think women are more comfortable in women only gyms. Mixed gyms usually have better equipment but most are for building muscle. I only want to stay fit and keep toned not look like gi jane :D

Peace

insomniac
17-11-07, 11:44 PM
salaams

If anyone knows of a ladies only gymn - strictly ladies only - doenst have to be run by sisters but would be nice :) - in WEST LONDON pleeeeease let me know! I see all these great things in East London but its too far for me!! I need it in Ealing or Hounslow or near to those areas insha'allah cos I want to go after work and I cant be travelling far, espeically when its dark. I saw these classes called 'return of the ninjabi' self defence classes for sisters and they looked soooooo good but they were in east london again....surely there is something in west london?? I would like classes of some sort - yoga, self defence, martial arts, or even aerobics or dancing....just must be ladies only and preferably run by muslim sisters....o

anyone??

Jazak'allah khairun

Wasalaams

:wswrwb:

tell me about it - when you find one - leme know :p

Actually there are women only sessions in some gyms in the West London area - try Acton - will rep you another :insha: :up:

:salams

ajnabee
17-11-07, 11:45 PM
salaams

anyone??

Jazak'allah khairun

Wasalaams

i think there's a higher concentration of muslims in the east and thats why businesses have nothing to risk catering for them.

ajnabee
17-11-07, 11:46 PM
I reckon the non Muslims are also seeing the benefit of women only clubs - apparantly the adjoining gym to the school I work at has many women only sessions which are attended by the female teachers :) alhamdulillah

Nah, I think women are more comfortable in women only gyms. Mixed gyms usually have better equipment but most are for building muscle. I only want to stay fit and keep toned not look like gi jane :D

Peace

lol i was just joking. but thanx for the reponse!

im a regular gym go-er!

.: Anna :.
18-11-07, 12:09 AM
west London i think harrow must have some?? i know there is muslim women swimming in harrow anyway..

Tranquillity
18-11-07, 11:53 AM
I go to Whitechapel for mine, don't know of any Muslim gyms in other parts of London.
I find the benefit of Hayaa Fitness (they have specific times when only women are allowed in) to be that although non-Muslims can use it, it isn't run by them so the changing/ shower facilities allow for privacy, they have rules on dressing modestly and they play nasheeds not music. It's a nice atmosphere, alhamdullilah.

um-salwa
19-11-07, 08:09 AM
I go to Whitechapel for mine, don't know of any Muslim gyms in other parts of London.
I find the benefit of Hayaa Fitness (they have specific times when only women are allowed in) to be that although non-Muslims can use it, it isn't run by them so the changing/ shower facilities allow for privacy, they have rules on dressing modestly and they play nasheeds not music. It's a nice atmosphere, alhamdullilah.

Pleaseeeeeeeee more gyms, i'm in the north of England
your soooo lucky weve got nothing.......

simplysumar
20-11-07, 07:38 AM
CAREFUL SISTERS, WHEN I LIVED IN THE STATES WE HAD ALTERNATING WOMEN AND MENS DAYS AT OUR GYM BUT THIS DID NOT PREVENT THE MALE STAFF FROM SUDDENLY APPEARING IN YOUR FACE:rubeyes:

shez
20-11-07, 07:47 AM
but do you know that you shouldnt even get naked in front of a fellow woman unless in exceptional circumstances. Same with men getting naked in front of fellow men.

peace2u
20-11-07, 07:51 AM
CAREFUL SISTERS, WHEN I LIVED IN THE STATES WE HAD ALTERNATING WOMEN AND MENS DAYS AT OUR GYM BUT THIS DID NOT PREVENT THE MALE STAFF FROM SUDDENLY APPEARING IN YOUR FACE:rubeyes:

That's what I like about curves, no male staff :D

Peace

Tranquillity
20-11-07, 06:26 PM
Or at Hayaa either- when it's womens sessions, they have sisters running the whole place.

20-11-07, 07:52 PM
but do you know that you shouldnt even get naked in front of a fellow woman unless in exceptional circumstances. Same with men getting naked in front of fellow men.

Yes but sis I don't think people go to the gym to exercise while naked :smack:... insha Allah i am sure the awra is adequately covered, in the Muslim run gyms they put dresscode as a requirement for that?

Nazias
20-11-07, 07:54 PM
Yes but sis I don't think people go to the gym to exercise while naked :smack:

:rotfl: but perhaps they meant in the changing rooms or something :confused:

20-11-07, 07:57 PM
oh okay yeah but most places they have cubicles aswell.
altho @ swimming pool its gross how some ladies find it appropriate to go in the showers naked or half naked :eek:
u can just go home n hav shower there instead n u will avoid that tho :up:

Tranquillity
20-11-07, 08:04 PM
Just found this on the Guardian and it ties in nicely with the Muslim women gym theme!

http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/wellbeing/story/0,,2213945,00.html

MG
20-11-07, 08:10 PM
alhumdulillah i have a womens gym right near me but i just cant afford it on a regualr basis and not worth me going only now and again :(

perfectpearl
20-11-07, 09:37 PM
there are many here in the US. Its like womens only gym and they have clear glass by the treadmills... :rubeyes:

ajnabee
20-11-07, 09:41 PM
:rotfl: but perhaps they meant in the changing rooms or something :confused:

at hayaa fitness they do have a rule that u cnt change in front of others and to dress modestly thats why they provide cubicles for changing in . also the showers are in cubicles too. :up:

MG
20-11-07, 09:52 PM
im still trying to find out about their creche facilities but keeping getting the brothers wen i ring!:confused:

insomniac
03-06-08, 02:14 PM
blossom_fitness@hotmail.co.uk

Harrow area :hidban::hidban::hidban::hidban::hidban::hidban:

candle
29-08-08, 12:18 AM
salam ,

r u sure that this gym is in ilford? cuzi have never seen it and on Contours actual website it is not there..

ya akhi
29-08-08, 08:22 AM
I go to Hayaa Fintess which is right next to East London Mosque, they have womens day as well

mrs.z
29-08-08, 06:48 PM
salam ,

r u sure that this gym is in ilford? cuzi have never seen it and on Contours actual website it is not there..

Salam. I was dying to get into this gym when my son starts nursery next week inshaallah, but it seems to have SHUT DOWN!

The phone number is out of order and the emails come back undelivered. :(

Bethnal Green and East London Mosque (and leyton) are just too far away from me and all there is the other way is Gymphobics in Romford.

Was so gutted when I found out, still looking on the net now for something.

Please let me know in you find anything in the area, Jzk

candle
29-08-08, 09:03 PM
Salam. I was dying to get into this gym when my son starts nursery next week inshaallah, but it seems to have SHUT DOWN!

The phone number is out of order and the emails come back undelivered. :(

Bethnal Green and East London Mosque (and leyton) are just too far away from me and all there is the other way is Gymphobics in Romford.

Was so gutted when I found out, still looking on the net now for something.

Please let me know in you find anything in the area, Jzk

salam ,

i tried the phone too and its not working... and ohh i didnt know about the one in romford ... it wont be too far from me .. thanx for that..

but i cnt find any infor about membership.. i guess i will have to visit ..

.: Jannati :.
29-08-08, 09:24 PM
:salams,

*sobs* I'm not allowed to go to one. :rolleyes:

candle
29-08-08, 09:45 PM

*sobs* I'm not allowed to go to one. :rolleyes:

:o why?

.: Jannati :.
29-08-08, 09:50 PM
:o why?

its apparently a health hazard as well, don't ask sis lool :p

candle
29-08-08, 10:01 PM

its apparently a health hazard as well, don't ask sis lool :p

lol , ok i wont ask.. :D

KeeKee
29-08-08, 10:07 PM
cool
we just got one recently in Dewsbury too
i was gonna go but everyone shot me down saying did i want to fly away in a puff of wind or not :rolleyes:
but slim doesn't necessarily mean fit.

oh saunas? i wouldn't want to use the gym's sauna though...

naila-k
29-08-08, 11:51 PM
doesnt fitness first in ilford have a womens only area?

naila-k
29-08-08, 11:54 PM
and sometimes the benefits of larger gyms is that they have creche facilities and stuff, also all the newham leisure centres have women only sessions, east ham and atherton leisure centres are not too far from ilford

mrs.z
30-08-08, 08:48 AM
Problem with the ladies only sessions is that there is likely to be male staff still floating around - I want one where I can take off my hijab and where normal training clothes.

Also, Fitness First is too expensive and you have to do 12 months contract

Um_yusuf
30-08-08, 10:17 AM
Problem with the ladies only sessions is that there is likely to be male staff still floating around - I want one where I can take off my hijab and where normal training clothes.

Also, Fitness First is too expensive and you have to do 12 months contract

salaam sis

Your right , fitness first is expensive but they do 3 month only contract too.

mrs.z
30-08-08, 05:24 PM
salaam sis

Your right , fitness first is expensive but they do 3 month only contract too.

Ok, my bad - thanks :up:

But 3 months will be over 100! My OH was with them about 3 years ago and it was 35 a month on a 12 month contract.

abstract
30-08-08, 11:44 PM
why dont you guys just get the basic equipment at home..?

mrs.z
31-08-08, 08:47 AM
I have considered that but don't really have the room and worry that I might not keep up with it at home as there are too many distractions.

Will probably buy the Wii Fit and give that a go soon but really I would like a treadmill.

candle
06-09-08, 04:11 PM
I found this ,

http://www.tbfwomenonlygym.co.uk/index.html

looks really nice... even though its abit far ..but iwill visit and see..:)

LukinForAnswers
06-09-08, 04:54 PM
Will probably buy the Wii Fit and give that a go soon but really I would like a treadmill.

The Wii fit is Amazing.